What is Zendaya’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$20 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Actor, Singer|
|Date of Birth||September 1, 1996|
|Height||5’10 / 178 cm|
|Place of Birth||Oakland, California|
The Usual Intro
Zendaya is an American actress and singer, famously known for her roles in the recent Marvel Spiderman movie series. She is also recognized for her role in the HBO drama series, Euphoria.
In addition to acting, Zendaya has also ventured into the music industry. She has released several singles and has gone platinum on multiple occasions.
Before the Spotlight
Zendaya Maree Stoermer Coleman was born in Oakland, California, on September 1, 1996. She grew up with five elder siblings. Zendaya studied at the Fruitvale Elementary School. Her mother made her repeat kindergarten because she was shy and did not interact with her peers.
Zendaya first performed in a theatrical play with two of her friends when she was only 6. Her mother worked a summer job at a local theater; it was there that Zendaya was first inspired by theatrical performances to pursue acting. At age 8, she dedicated herself to dancing and joined “Future Shock Oakland,” a hip-hop dance troupe.
Zendaya’s family moved to Los Angeles when she was in the 7th grade. In 2015, she graduated from Oak Park High school while simultaneously pursuing a career in acting.
The Journey to Success
Zendaya began her career as a model – appearing as a backup dancer in a commercial starring Selena Gomez. Her first exposure to mainstream audience came when she landed a role as “Rocky Blue” in the popular sitcom “Shake it Up.”
In 2011, Zendaya started releasing her own music. She collaborated with fellow actress-singer Bella Thorn on the song “Watch Me,” which managed to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 at its release. Zendaya has been releasing music since and has gone platinum with a number of her releases.
Zendaya got her first movie role in “Frenemies” in 2012. From this time to 2016, she made multiple appearances in T.V. media. She also released her self-titled debut album in 2013, followed by several albums and singles that were received relatively well. Zendaya began cementing herself as a mainstream artist in both the music and acting industries.
Zendaya saw a rapid spike in popularity with her feature debut in the worldwide success “Spiderman: Homecoming” in July 2017. Since then, she has acted in multiple movies, including the later editions of the Spiderman series. Her chemistry with the movie’s main lead, Tom Holland, combined with sparking rumors of the two being in a relationship, made for interesting content for fans of the movie series.
Zendaya made her first appearance in “Euphoria” in July 2019, an HBO drama series that has seen a dramatic surge in popularity with the release of season 2. Despite the sensitive and contentious nature of the T.V series itself, Zendaya received great critical acclaim and positive public response for her role as Rue. She also used her talent in music production to contribute to Euphoria’s soundtrack with her euphonious vocals and lyrical genius.
The Best Moments
- First film role in the movie “Frenemies” in 2012.
- Released her self-titled debut album in September 2013.
- Became the youngest person to receive a Primetime Emmy Award for ‘Outstanding Lead Actress’ in a Drama Series in 2020.
- Named one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World by Time Magazine in 2022.
The Private Side
Zendaya has been very reserved in revealing the details of her personal life. She owns two properties; a condo in Brooklyn and a house in Los Angeles.
Zendaya currently appears to be dating her Spiderman co-star Tom Holland. So far, she has neither confirmed nor denied such claims. She is also a vegetarian.
Zendaya has been involved in charitable efforts and activism from as early as 16 years. From campaigning against acts of injustice to raising funds for charitable causes, Zendaya takes an active role in whatever she does. In 2015, Zendaya was appointed as an ambassador for the U.N. AIDS program.
Zendaya’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Zendaya
Zendaya achieved remarkable success in her career at a very young age. As such, she is an inspiration for women all over the world. Here are some of Zendaya’s quotes about women empowerment:
- “A feminist is a person who believes in the power of women just as much as they believe in the power of anyone else. It’s equality, it’s fairness, and I think it’s a great thing to be a part of.”
- “I’ve had a lot of voices tell me what I should be making. Personally, I would much rather live and die by my own hand. If my stuff sucks, then at least I made it suck. I didn’t allow some person, some old dude in a suit, to make it suck for me.”
- “It’s important to raise your voice in things you feel passionate about and things that you know about. Don’t raise your voice just to raise your voice if you have nothing behind it and don’t know what you’re talking about.”
The Social World
Zendaya is active on major social media platforms. Here are the links to her official accounts:
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Here are some things we can learn from the young and successful actress:
- Start young. Zendaya started her career in acting at the age of 14.
- Capitalize on opportunity. Zendaya was considered the “plus one of a plus one” at the 2015 Oscar Awards. Her showing up was not planned but ended up boosting her popularity.
- Be Kind. Since 2012, Zendaya has supported the underprivileged and donated to various charities looking after victims of disasters.
- Stand up for what you believe in. Zendaya outwardly shows support for the feminist and black lives matter movements. She is also an advocate of voting in presidential elections.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some interesting facts about Zendaya you might not have known!
- Zendaya appeared in Bruno Mars’ “Versace on the Floor” music video in 2016.
- Zendaya is a vegetarian, stating the reason as her love for animals.
- Zendaya’s childhood nickname was Daya. She gave this name to her clothing line in 2016.
- Zendaya is a feminist and attended the Women’s March in Washington to support women’s rights in 2017.
- Zendaya claims that she had likely been a teacher if she had not made it as an actress.
Answering Frequent Questions
How did Zendaya and Tom Holland first meet?
Zendaya and Tom Holland met for the first time on the set for Spiderman: Homecoming in 2016.
What is Zendaya’s next movie?
Zendaya will be starring in Dune 2. It is expected to release in October 2023.
Does Zendaya have tattoos?
Zendaya is not known to have any tattoos. She told allure in 2019, “I love tattoos. But I don’t want any”.
The Closing Remarks
Zendaya Coleman is best known for her roles as MJ in Spiderman and Rue Bennett in Euphoria. She currently holds the title of being the youngest actress to win a Primetime Emmy and has numerous other accolades and achievements. Her ladder to success has just begun, and she is already being offered roles for major blockbusters like Dune 2. Zendaya has been in the news lately after she cut her left index finger and had to get stitches due to a mishap during cooking.
Featured image credit: DFree / Shutterstock.com