What is Young Dolph’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$3 million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapping / Songwriter|
|Date of Birth||July 27, 1985|
|Height||6’2 / 188 cm|
|Place of Birth||Chicago, Illinois|
|Marital Status||Mia Jaye|
The Usual Intro
Adolph Thornton Jr. (a.k.a. Young Dolph) was a professional rapper and songwriter. Dolph started his rapping career back in 2008. He is famously known for his debut studio album, “King of Memphis,” which ranked #49 on the Billboard Chart 200 in 2016. During his life, he released seven studio albums and several mixtapes.
Before the Spotlight
Adolph Thornton Jr. was born in Chicago, Illinois, on July 27, 1985. His whole family migrated to Memphis, Tennessee, when he was 2 years old. His parents got addicted to crack cocaine. He was raised by his grandmother along with his four siblings.
Thornton graduated from Hamilton High School in 2003. He had a very rough childhood due to his parents not being around, which is reflected in his song “Preach.” Thornton pursued his music career from a young age. He used rapping as a way to express his feelings.
The Journey to Success
Dolph started his professional music career in 2008 and released his first mixtape, “Paper Route Campaign.” Due to the positive response from his audience, he was motivated to make more music and established himself in the world of rap music. He continued to make several mixtapes and gained further popularity.
In 2015, he was featured on the hit single “Cut it” by O.T. Genasis, which ranked #35 on the Billboard Hot 100. The following year, he dropped his album “King of Memphis,” which peaked at #49 on the Billboard Hot 200 Chart.
Dolph collaborated with multiple artists such as Juicy J, Gucci Mane, and Future. He also collaborated with his cousin, Key Glock, on multiple occasions.
The Best Moments
- Released “King of Memphis” that peaked at #49 on Billboard top 200.
- Got featured on the hit single “Cut It” by O.T. Genasis, which was certified double platinum by RIAA.
- Released his album “Bullet Proof” after an incident where he was reportedly shot 100 times but remained unharmed. The Album topped at #35 on the Billboard top 200.
- Declined a deal of $22 million by Young Gotti to sign him as a label.
The Private Side
Young Dolph was in a relationship with Mia Jaye since 2010. The couple was unmarried and had two sons.
Dolph was shot on September 26, 2017, outside a retail store in Hollywood, Los Angeles. He was admitted in a critical condition, but survived. After the shooting, rapper Yo Gotti was named as the prime suspect and his friend was arrested.
He died on November 17, 2021, after being shot 22 times outside a bakery in Memphis. Two prime suspects were arrested in his murder investigation, but both claimed not guilty to first-degree murder charges.
Young Dolph’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Young Dolph
- “Never wait on nobody. Go for what you know.”
- “Have a good team. Let them do what they do and you do what you do. Have people around you that work and that will want to make you work even harder.”
- “What I want people to take away from my music, man, is just how to take care of responsibilities, how to live life and enjoy life. You only get one shot at life, one life to live—make the most out of it. Put as many smiles as you can on people’s faces. Help as many people as you can. Get you some paper. Live life, you and your folks.”
- “I respect the hustle, because I live and breathe it. I believe that for those who work for it, opportunities will knock, doors will swing open, fears will be conquered, and risks will pay off.”
The Social World
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
- Don’t be afraid. Even after two incidents of him being a target in a drive-by shootings, Young Dolph never backed down from his rapping career.
- Have confidence in your ability. Dolph declined a $20 million offer by Yo Gotti to sign him as a label as he wanted to work independently.
- Team work makes the dream work. He has collaborated with multiple artists, such as his cousin Key Glocky and O.T. Genasis, etc., and has made hits.
- Heal from your own sufferings. Young Dolph tried to spend as much time as he could with his sons so they don’t have to experience the absence of their parents.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some interesting facts about Young Dolph’s early life and personal life:
- Dolph and rapper Juice World were second cousins.
- In 2020, Young Dolph donated $25,000 to his alma mater Hamilton High School.
- Dolph never went to college or university.
- Young Dolph was involved in a shooting in February 2017, but was unhurt as his car was bulletproof.
Answering Frequent Questions
Was Young Dolph going to retire?
Young Dolph decided to retire in 2020 to spend time with his children. However, he later changed his decision as his children wanted him to continue his passion for music.
Does Young Dolph have unreleased songs?
Yes, Dolph does have a few unreleased tracks. Artists that were close to him are starting to unveil tracks and verses they performed in collaboration with Young Dolph.
Did Young Dolph attend college?
Young Dolph graduated from Hamilton High School in 2003, but did not attend college or university.
How did Young Dolph get rich?
Young Dolph acquired most of his net worth from his rap career. He hosted many events and appeared in morning shows through which he earned almost $1 million. He also created a YouTube channel, which also generated income for him.
The Closing Remarks
Young Dolph was tragically killed due to a personal rivalry in November, 2021. Fans from all over America paid tribute to the famous rapper, including some big names in hip-hop such as Gucci Mane, Chance the Rapper, and Offset.
The State of Tennessee also named November 17th as ‘Adolph Thorton Day of Service’ to celebrate his music, contributions to the unfortunate, and numerous acts of kindness towards the people of Tennessee.
Featured image credit: Franklin Sheard Jr / Shutterstock.com