What is YNW Melly’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$4 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapping|
|Date of Birth||May 1, 1999|
|Height||5’8 / 1.73m|
|Place of Birth||Gifford, Florida, United States|
The Usual Intro
Jamell Demons, better known by his stage name, YNW Melly, is an American rapper, songwriter, and singer. He embarked on his journey to stardom when he was only five years old.
The rapper began producing music and uploading it on the internet in 2015. He gained mainstream success after releasing the single, “Murder on My Mind,” which amassed over 500 million on YouTube and received gold certification by the RIAA.
However, his road to fame was obstructed by many controversies. He has been frequently imprisoned due to his involvement in illegal activities.
Before the Spotlight
YNW Melly was born on May 1, 1999, in one of the most dangerous towns of America in Gifford, Florida. It was notorious for its high crime rate and chaos.
YNW Melly was raised in a financially unstable family. He was brought up by his mother, Jamie Demons-King, while his father left Melly before he could even see him. As a result, her mother was solely responsible for providing the family with basic necessities. He has one younger brother.
The Journey to Success
YNW Melly began recording songs while he was still in his eighth grade. He began publishing the songs on multiple social media platforms, specifically SoundCloud. His freestyle rapping and comprehensive verses quickly grabbed him a substantial local fan base. YNW became even more motivated after his friends began comparing his songs to other high-profile artists like Young Thug.
In 2017, he collaborated with inspirational artists like Lil B and John Wicks and released the EP titled “Collect Call.” Melly followed it up by releasing a string of commercially successful singles, such as “Melly the Menace” and “Slang That Iron,” which helped him establish a firm ground in the music industry.
The following year, Melly debuted his mixtape, “I Am You,” which was his first project that made it to the Billboard 200 chart and peaked at No.12 on the US R&B/Hip-Hop chart. Melly hit an impressive milestone with the single, “Murder on My Mind.” It had themes of his time in prison and was laced with piano tunes and hard-hitting lyrics, which were well-received by the public, and it became his most-streamed song. It instantly ascended to No.14 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
The Best Moments
- Released the mixtape “We All Shine.”
- Debuted the album “Melly vs. Melvin,” which ranked at No. 8 on the Billboard 200 chart.
- Teamed up with Juice WRLD to release the single “Suicidal.”
- He has over 8.8 million monthly listeners on Spotify.
The Private Side
YNW Melly is currently believed to be single. He was a victim of COVID-19 in 2020, which he revealed through a post on Twitter. He tried to escape, highlighting his health concerns as the rapper 6ix9ine did, but was ultimately denied.
He faced several legal issues, which frequently put him in prison. In 2015, he was charged with three counts of aggravated assault and was imprisoned for a year. In 2018 and 2019, he was arrested for possession of marijuana. He was also involved in a shooting in 2018 and was fined on two counts of first-degree murder in 2019.
YNW Melly’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of YNW Melly
Each word of YNW Melly is a blessing for us. Here are some powerful quotes:
- “When they think you down bad and at your worst, that’s when they sh*t on you. I’ll be home soon. Sh*t on me, I won’t hesitate to shine on you.”
- “Tryna walk a narrow straight path is a battle. Kinda hard to walk when you’re chained in shackles. My soul bleeds through these four walls. My heart aches after phone calls.”
- “I don’t wanna lose my conscience drinkin’ all this Hennessy. But, baby, you took control of me, and I got too many enemies.”
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
YNW Melly stands as a bold figure for us. Here are some life-leading lessons we can adopt in our lives:
- Be Passionate. Did you know YNW Melly developed an interest in music from the age of five? Michael Jackson was a role model for him. He closely observed his dance steps and his performance which compelled him to start recording and producing music.
- Focus on Lyrics. His songs have a sharp contrast and a nice blend of violence and trauma and soulful melodies that caught the attention of the public. By mixing these elements, he made his music distinctive from other rappers who had a more gangster-oriented theme in their songs.
- Collaborate. As a new entrant in the music industry, YNW Melly initially found it challenging to make a reputable name for himself since the music industry had already become competitive. He teamed up with many high-profile artists like Lil B, which not only gave him exposure but also significantly boosted his fame.
- Fight. Don’t sit back. Melly’s life can be characterized by numerous hardships, such as constant jail time and rough childhood. But you know what makes him stand out from the others? His exceptional endurance. YNW Melly did not give up. Instead, he fought it head-on.
The Unusual Stuff
We bet you didn’t know these facts about YNW Melly:
- He joined the “Bloods” gang during his early childhood.
- He has teeth made of diamonds.
- Melly puzzled the public after showing off his new Versace sneakers in prison.
- YNW suffers from Bipolar disorder.
Answering Frequent Questions
What types of songs does YNW Melly like to make?
He likes to make songs that touch peoples’ souls. He told Complex: “I need something that touches the soul. It ain’t about the views and all that; it’s about the soul.”
Does YNW Melly help his brother?
YNW Melly wants to assist his younger brother, YNW B Slime. In an interview with Billboard, he disclosed how he was proud of him and would do anything to support him.
What cars does YNW Melly own?
YNW Melly is an avid collector of cars. He owns many high-end cars like the Ford Mustang and Lamborghini.
The Closing Remarks
YNW Melly found solace in music. Despite the legal issues and hardships he suffered, he fought vigorously. His hard-hitting lyrics and power-packed beats induce emotional appeal within his listeners, easily paving his way to the list of budding talented rappers from Florida.