What is Tyler the Creator’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$16 million|
|Source of Wealth||Professional Rapper|
|Date of Birth||March 6, 1991|
|Height||6 ft 2 inches|
|Place of Birth||Los Angeles, California|
The Usual Intro
Tyler Gregory Okonma, popularly known as Tyler, the Creator, is a well-known rapper, rising to prominence with his hip-hop group Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All. The group is notable for also including Frank Ocean and Earl Sweatshirt. He is also a fashion designer, director, and graphic designer. He creates cover art for all of his album releases.
Tyler also made appearances on television shows such as The Mindy Project, Jimmy Kimmel Live, and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. As of July 2022, his net worth is estimated to be around $16 million.
Before the Spotlight
Tyler Gregory Okonma, popularly known by his stage name Tyler, The Creator, was born in the Los Angeles area of Ladera Heights, California, on March 6, 1991. Having never met his father, Walter Whitman, he grew up with his mother, Louisa Whitman, and his sister.
In his 12 years of schooling, he attended a new school almost every year within the Los Angeles and Sacramento areas. At age 14, he started learning to play a musical instrument, and so he began teaching himself to play the piano. He soon became a very talented pianist.
While in high school, he worked at FedEx and also Starbucks before he began his career in music. His passion for music came when he was only seven. He would take the cover out of a CD case and create covers for his own imaginary albums, including a track list with song lengths before he could even make music.
The Journey to Success
Tyler the Creator released his debut mixtape titled Bastard in 2009, which quickly earned him popularity. He signed a record deal with XL Recordings, after which he released his first album with the brand, called Yonkers, followed by Goblin in 2010.
After that, he gained instant popularity and was asked to perform for several shows and concerts, including the MTV Awards, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, and Jimmy Kimmel Live.
He established his group, Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All, in 2011, with his partners Matt Martians, Left Brain, Hodgy, Pyramid Vritra, and Jasper Dolphin, along with a few others who joined later.
The group launched a television series, Adult Swims, in 2012, which was a live-action-comedy series that ran for 31 episodes.
In 2015, Tyler announced the release of his third album, Cherry Bomb, and later released singles from the album on Odd Future’s YouTube channel. The album featured renowned hip-hop artists such as Kanye West, Schoolboy Q, and Lil Wayne.
The Best Moments
Some of the best highlights of The Creator’s career include:
- In 2009, Tyler the Creator released his mixtape, Bastard, which gained popularity quickly, followed by his first album, Yonkers.
- In 2010, he released his second album called Goblin, after which he gained popularity and began performing in different shows and concerts. The same year, he appeared on the MTV Awards, Jimmy Kimmel Live, and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
- In 2011, he established his own band, named Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All, commonly referred to as Odd Future.
- In 2015, he announced his third album release called Cherry Bomb, with the following singles uploaded on their YouTube channel, also featuring Lil Wayne, Schoolboy Q, and Kanye West.
The Private Side
Tyler enjoys collecting skateboards and bicycles. He identifies as being an atheist, with moments of stating comments that are considered agnostic.
In 2016, Tyler was seen cozying up with Kendall Jenner, but later the two denied dating rumors.
Later in November, his close pal Jaden Smith declared that he and Tyler were a couple. However, Tyler replied, insinuating that Jaden was a crazy man.
Once rumors started to slow down, Tyler began focusing on his music again. In May 2019, his music release featured him wearing a long blonde wig, black sunglasses, a multicolored suit, and a grill.
Tyler the Creator’s Related Youtube Video
Tyler The Creator Wears Boxers In Late Night’s Coldest Theater
Famous Quotes of Tyler the Creator
- “Youth is something I never wanna take for granted. I just want to smile and live life.” – Tyler, the Creator
- “I’m not a follower. I’m a leader. And anyone who speaks their mind is always criticized.” – Tyler, the Creator
- “I don’t like people around me sad. I like making people happy.” – Tyler, the Creator
- “Bitches scared to let me smash on they ass. Yeah, they heard I’m fuckin’ nuts like the swag of a fag.” – Tyler, the Creator
- “I fucking hate you but I love you. I’m bad at keeping my emotions bubbled. You’re good at being perfect. We’re good at being troubled, yeah.” – Tyler, the Creator
The Social World
Here are the social media following stats of Tyler the Creator:
- Facebook: 3.8 million followers
- YouTube: 4.17 million followers
- Instagram: 13 million followers
- Twitter: 9.5 million followers
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Here are some important success lessons to learn from The Creator:
1. Be a leader
The world has many followers; become a self-driven leader and not just a follower.
2. Appreciate your worth
Learning to forgive yourselves and to be at peace with your everyday choices is fulfilling. Know your worth and appreciate how valuable you are.
3. Value every moment of your life
Every moment in life, the good and the bad, should be appreciated. Every moment lived is a lesson and a chance to create something new.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some interesting facts about The Creator:
- Tyler has never met his father.
- He has never been in a serious relationship.
- Tyler won his first Grammy Award in 2020.
- He is an atheist.
Answering Frequent Questions
Is Tyler the Creator married?
No, Tyler has never been married and rumors have it that he is gay.
What is Tyler’s net worth?
Tyler has a successful career, earning him a net worth estimated at around $16 million.
Is Tyler a believer?
From his music, Tyler is an Atheist. He doesn’t believe in the existence of deities.
The Closing Remarks
Tyler is a famous rapper, record producer, singer, songwriter, graphic designer, and remarkable fashion designer. He is widely known for his musical group, the Odd Future. He has collaborated with some of the biggest names in the hip-hop music industry, earning him a net worth of $16 million.