What is Travis Scott’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$60 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Professional Rapping, Business Collaborations|
|Date of Birth||April 30, 1991|
|Height||5’10 / 177 cm|
|Place of Birth||Houston, Texas|
|Marital Status||Kylie Jenner|
The Usual Intro
Travis Scott is an award-winning American professional rap artist. He is best known for his unconventional, distinctly aggressive yet melodic style of rapping. His fan-following has increased ever since he started dating Kylie Jenner.
While Scott is no stranger to fame, he has recently come under the limelight because of the disaster at his latest Astroworld festival in 2021.
Before the Spotlight
Travis Scott, officially named Jacques Bermon Webster II, was born in Houston, Texas, on April 30, 1991. He spent most of his early life living with his grandmother in South Park. The high crime rate and poor living conditions of his neighborhood invigorated Travis’ desire for success. In his own words: “It gave me my edge.”
Scott relocated to Missouri at age 6 and started living with his parents. He graduated from Elkins High School and enrolled at the University of Texas at San Antonio, but dropped out in his second year to dedicate time and attention to music.
The Journey to Success
Travis Scott’s professional music career began in 2008 when he and his old friend Chris Hollaway released an unnamed single on Myspace. He formed another band the next year and released several pieces of music.
In 2012, Scott turned his complete attention to music. He signed a publishing deal with Kanye West’s record label, GOOD music. Over the next year, he released one mixtape and multiple singles. He also started to collaborate with other rap artists.
Scott’s first major musical success came with the release of his second mixtape, “Before the Rodeo,” in 2014. In 2015, Scott went on a concert tour where industry-famous names such as Kanye West and Chris Brown made appearances. Shortly after the tour, Travis released his debut album, “Rodeo.”
The album shocked the world by featuring an impressive collection of famous rap artists. Juicy J, Kanye West, The Weeknd, Swae Lee, Justin Beiber, and Young Thug, among several others, featured in his songs. The album secured third place on the Billboard 200.
In 2016, Scott released his second album, “Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight.” A week after its release, the album topped Billboard 200. In 2018, Scott released his third studio album, “Astroworld.” It also debuted at first place on the Billboard 200. Shortly after, he announced the Astroworld music festival.
In 2021, there was overcrowding at the Astroworld festival, which resulted in a crowd crush. Ten people were killed, while hundreds were injured. Scott faced harsh criticism for his poor handling of the situation.
In addition to music, Scott derives income from brand endorsements and business collaborations. He launched the “Travis Scott burger” in partnership with Mcdonalds in 2020.
The Best Moments
- Began producing music in 2008.
- His debut album “Rodeo” attained the third spot on the Billboard 200.
- In 2018, his album Astroworld’s single “Sicko Mode” topped the Billboard 100.
- Performed at the infamous Astroworld festival in 2022.
The Private Side
Travis Scott started dating social media star and model, Kylie Jenner, in 2017. The relationship went viral on social media and received tons of public attention, earning Scott lots of fame over the years. In 2018, they had a daughter.
The couple decided to part ways in 2019. But after the COVID-19 pandemic hit, they decided to stick together during quarantine to take better care of their daughter. While under quarantine, their feelings for each other resurfaced, and they resumed dating. Kylie conceived a son in 2022.
Travis Scott’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Travis Scott
Travis Scott frequently comments on his experience as a rap artist and a songwriter.
Here are some of his most famous quotes and sayings:
- “I’m not into just one thing; I always felt like I had to have my hand in everything revolving around what I do, whether it’s directing videos, making beats, making music, performing.”
- “You’ve gotta motivate kids. They wanna grow up. They got problems. You’ve gotta give ’em that music to make ’em feel like they’re OK, and it’s only a couple of artists that do that.”
- “I don’t know if he remembers, but the first time I ever met Cudi was the first time I met Kanye. I’ve never told anyone this, but it was the same day. That was the first time I was around G.O.O.D. Music at all. I was sitting like, ‘Man, I’m in the presence of ‘Ye and Cudi. This is the art level where I want to be.”
The Social World
Travis Scott took a temporary hiatus from social media after the 2021 Astroworld crowd crush. However, he has returned to his normal activity level in recent weeks.
Here are the links to his official social media accounts, along with the number of followers he has:
- Facebook: 9.5 million followers.
- Instagram: 45.7 million followers.
- Twitter: 11.4 million followers.
- YouTube: 16 million subscribers.
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Here are some success lessons we can learn from the iconic rap artist:
- Start young. Scott started practicing music at a young age, partly because his father and grandfather were also musicians.
- Follow your dreams. Scott decided to drop out of college to pursue his passion – music. After moving to New York, he slept on his friend’s couch. Shortly after, his parents also stopped sending him money, but Scott never deviated from his path.
- Don’t let adversity deter you. Travis hasn’t let the recent lows in his career prevent him from creating addictive tunes. He is bouncing back strong.
- Get to know the right people. Travis’ early success can be attributed to his collaborations with fellow celebrity-rapper Kanye West. A significant contributor to his debut album’s popularity was the sheer number of rap artists it featured.
The Unusual Stuff
As one of the world’s most famous rap artists today, Travis Scott is undoubtedly a figure of interest. Here are some things you might not have previously known about him:
- Travis Scott dated singer Rihanna for a short time, although the timeline of this relationship is still unknown.
- Travis Scott learned to play drums when he was only three. He learned the piano next.
- Travis Scott dislikes sour cream – it makes him nauseous.
- Travis Scott has been nominated for eight Grammy Awards but has so far been unable to secure a single win.
Answering Frequent Questions
Is Travis Scott a satanist?
While many rumors and conspiracies suggesting that Travis is a satanist popped up after the Astroworld concert, there’s no concrete evidence to support this claim.
Why did Travis Scott not stop the Astroworld concert?
Scott claims he was unaware of any problems at the concert until after he finished performing on stage.
Did Travis Scott apologize for Astroworld?
Travis Scott publicly apologized for the incident on Astroworld via a video post on Instagram.
The Closing Remarks
Travis recently made headlines at Astroworld 2021. His statement on the incident has been met by the public with skepticism. A video clip reveals that Travis paused the concert and called for medical assistance upon spotting someone unconscious in the audience.
However, he resumed the concert shortly. Some clips show unconscious bodies being surfed by the crowd to paramedics. After a short break from the internet, Scott has resurfaced. He has announced plans for the release of his fourth studio album, “Utopia.”