What is Tommy Fury’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$2 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Professional Boxing|
|Date of Birth||May 7, 1999|
|Height||6’0” / 183 cm|
|Place of Birth||Manchester, England|
|Partner||Molly-Mae Hague – Girlfriend since 2019|
The Usual Intro
Tommy Fury is a professional boxer and social media star who gradually rose to prominence around 2020. He is best known for his appearance in the fifth season of the reality TV show “Love Island” and his boxing bout against YouTuber turned boxer Jake Paul. Tommy is the half-brother of current WBC heavyweight champion, Tyson Fury.
Before the Spotlight
Tommy Fury was born on May 7, 1999, in Manchester, England. His father is Irish, while his mother is of Mauritian descent. Tommy’s father is also the father of renowned two-time heavyweight world champion, Tyson Fury. Tyson and Tommy are half-brothers, with Tyson being the older of the two.
Since Tommy’s father and brother were both boxers, he was naturally inspired to follow the same path and developed an interest in the sport at a young age. Tommy studied at Saint Ambrose Barlow High School.
The Journey to Success
Tommy made his debut as a professional boxer on December 22, 2018. He went up against Jevgenijs Andrejevs and was able to snag a victory by a 40-36 point decision. This debut fight was an undercard fight in the match for the 2018 featherweight world title.
Starting off his career with a win, Fury dominated his second fight in 2019 with a clean first-round knockout. At this point, Fury took a break from his boxing career to participate in the hit reality TV show, Love Island. His appearance as one of the more prominent characters in the fifth season made him a social media sensation.
Fury stepped back into boxing later that year and resumed his career with a first-round TKO. His fourth fight was a second-round knockout.
In 2021, Fury fought as an undercard in the Jake Paul vs. Tyrone Woodley bout. His winning performance caught the eye of Jake who decided to trade a few words with the boxer. After mutual agreement, the two agreed to host a match in December 2021.
However, the fight was canceled after Fury pulled out due to a broken rib and chest infection. A renewal for August 6, 2022, was also canceled by Fury due to Visa issues.
The Best Moments
- Started boxing in 2018
- Dominated his initial fights, with many of them being knockouts
- Appeared on season five of Love Island in 2019
- Won his undercard fight at the 2021 Paul vs Woodley match
The Private Side
Tommy Fury hit it off with social media influencer Molly-Mae Hague when the two met at Love Island in 2019. They have been together since, and their posts on social media suggest that their relationship is going strong.
There are some rumors that the two will be announcing their engagement soon; however, there’s currently no evidence to support this claim.
On October 21, 2021, the couple’s flat in Manchester was burgled by an experienced gang while they were out partying in London. The value of goods stolen is reported to be $800,000.
Tommy Fury‘s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Tommy Fury
Below are some of Tommy Fury’s most famous quotes and sayings:
- “If you weren’t meant to follow your gut, you wouldn’t have one”
- “She truly is the girl of my dreams, and in such a short space of time, I’m pretty sure I’ve found the one I’ve been looking for all my life.”
- “To hear all this talk about him saying he doesn’t fancy the fight anymore, then he fancies the fight, then I’m a potential opponent, then I’m not — get your facts straight before you speak my name, and if you want to fight, let’s get on and do it.”
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Here are some success lessons from the famous boxer Tommy Fury:
- Capitalize on opportunities. Despite being heavily invested in boxing, Fury decided to take a break to appear on Love Island. This single decision made his popularity soar, eventually leading him to come face-to-face with Jake Paul.
- You are the only person you can compare yourself with. As Tommy himself put it into words: “I don’t want to be labeled as his little brother, I’m my own man.” No victory would ever be satisfactory if Tommy compared himself to his elder half-brother Tyson.
- Don’t shy away from controversy. Fury has conflicted with Jake Paul in the past and is now in a running conflict with KSI. A lot of his popularity can be credited to his feuds with other boxer-influencers on social media.
- Be open to trying new things. Besides being a well-known boxer, Tommy is also a famous reality TV star, social media influencer, and entrepreneur with a dedicated fashion line.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some interesting facts about Tommy Fury you might find amusing:
- KSI recently expressed interest in fighting Tommy Fury in a boxing match.
- Fury weighs 81 kg at 6’0” and has an 80-inch reach.
- Fury is often criticized for not going up against competent boxers. It is true that many of his opponents have had poor professional records.
- Tommy goes by the nickname TNT.
Answering Frequent Questions
What is Tommy Fury’s professional boxing record?
Tommy stands at an official record of eight wins and no losses. Four of his wins were by knockout.
Why did Tommy Fury pull out of his boxing match with Jake Paul?
He is reported to have pulled out of this fight due to a broken rib and a bacterial infection in his chest. The second fight was canceled due to visa processing issues.
Where is Tommy Fury now?
Fury and his girlfriend live together in a lavish $4 million mansion in Cheshire.
The Closing Remarks
Tommy Fury is a professional boxer and social media influencer who came into the limelight as an undercard for the Paul vs. Woodley fight. He has since stepped up his game and is now competing with the likes of Jake Paul and KSI. He’s recently made headlines after KSI name-dropped him and expressed a desire to fight in a professional boxing match.