What is The Kid Laroi’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$4 Milion|
|Source of Wealth||Rapping, Singing, Songwriting|
|Date of Birth||August 17, 2003|
|Height||1.80 m (5’11”)|
|Place of Birth||Waterloo, New South Wales, Australia|
The Usual Intro
Charlton Kenneth Jeffrey Howard, better known as The Kid Laroi, is an 18-year-old Australian professional rapper, singer, and songwriter who amassed a massive fan base in a few years. The talented artist has won numerous accolades while also being nominated for the Grammy Awards.
His fame mostly comes from his friendship and several collaborations with Juice Wrld. The popularity of the joint projects landed him several record label contracts. He is one of the most successful young artists in both Australia and America.
Before the Spotlight
Charlton Kenneth Jeffrey Howard was born on August 17, 2003, in Waterloo, South New Wales, Australia. His parents, Nick Howard and Sloane Howard belonged to a musical background. They split up when Laroi was four, and his father was mostly absent during his childhood. His mother occasionally dealt drugs to survive. His traumatic childhood worsened after being bullied at his private schools.
Laroi’s uncle was the father figure in his life until he passed away in 2015. The family moved to Broken Hill, Adelaide, and then settled in Sydney. Laroi landed a scholarship at an art school but dropped out to focus on his music. He hustled in front of the hotel rooms of famous artists staying in the city and caught Swae Lee’s attention through one of his songs.
The Journey to Success
Laroi started his career as a small-time Soundcloud musician uploading rap beats on the platform. He formed a duo with DJ Marcus Jr. and went by the name “FC6.” He met Khalid Rohaim, a music producer, who helped kickstart his career. He became Laroi’s mentor and gave him songwriting work, eventually helping him land a deal with Sony Music Australia in 2017.
In 2018, Laroi released his debut mixtape, “14 with a Dream,” which did exceptionally well. He gained further recognition by finishing as a finalist in the Triple J Unearthed competition. In 2019, he reached an agreement with record labels Grade A Productions and Columbia records. He grew close to the late rapper Juice Wrld, whose mentorship significantly advanced his career. He moved to Los Angeles with him and featured in many of his songs.
Laroi quickly became a world-renowned artist with his mixtape “F*ck Love,” following the demise of Juice Wrld. He has worked with countless prominent artists like NBA Youngboy, Justin Bieber, and Miley Cyrus. In 2022, he released his debut studio album, “Kids Are Growing Up,” and started his first international tour.
The Best Moments
- Signed with Sony Music Australia (2017)
- Released his debut mixtape “14 with a Dream” (2018)
- Signed under record labels Grade A Productions and Columbia Records (2019)
- Won Best Artist and Best Pop Release awards at ARIA Music Awards (2021)
- Debut studio album “Kids Are Growing Up” (2022)
- First International tour “End Of The World” (2022)
The Private Side
Laroi currently lives in Los Angeles with his brother, mother, and father. He recently returned to Australia due to his tour for the first time in three years. He wants to establish Australia’s name in the international music industry.
He is currently dating Tiktok personality and model Katarina Demetriades. The couple often shares pictures of themselves together on their social media accounts.
In 2021, Laroi and Deme contracted the COVID-19 virus and lived in quarantine for some time. He publicly announced his recovery a few weeks later.
The Kid Laroi’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of The Kid Laroi
Here are some motivational words of Laroi.
- “You have to have a mentality, you can’t fail. You have to do it. That’s what’s helped me a lot.”
- “I think I’ll be doing music until I die, regardless of whether I’m popular or not. If I ever feel like people aren’t receiving my music well anymore, I’ll probably go to the backroads and become an executive or just sign artists.”
- “And I love working, that’s my life. I’m a lonely person anyway. I don’t like being around a load of people so I can work on myself and think.”
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
There is much to learn from Laroi’s clever way of making it big in the music industry. Here are some essential lessons he has taught everyone.
- Anything is possible. At such a young age, Laroi managed to find monumental success. The key is to never stop believing and placing limits on your goals. Laroi continues to break records as he progresses.
- Not looking back. Once you’ve discovered your passion, stick to it and don’t think about backing down before you have given it your all. Laroi’s efforts to gain recognition in the music industry began after he dropped out of school.
- Setting priorities. Laroi’s relentless work ethic has helped him flourish immensely. He prioritizes working and focusing on outdoing himself before thinking of leisure.
- Forming advantageous bonds. Laroi befriended Juice Wrld early in his career, who greatly contributed to his growth. He always welcomed support from prominent figures in the music industry and held them in high regard.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some less-known facts about Laroi:
- He belongs to the Australian Kamilaroi aboriginal ancestry, where the name “Laroi” comes from.
- At one time, he worked at a fruit store to support his mother financially.
- He is close friends with Justin Bieber. They call each other and meet frequently.
- Laroi has his own clothing line named “Laroi Family.”
Answering Frequent Questions
Is The Kid Laroi indigenous?
Yes, his great-great-grandfather was a member of the Stolen Generation. This aboriginal lineage is from the Gamilaray or Kamilaroi people.
How much is the LAROI meal?
Laroi launched a collaboration meal with Mcdonald’s that sold for $15. People began selling the limited edition nugget meal at $30 a piece.
What happened between Laroi and Braun?
Laroi signed with Braun in 2021. He left shortly after due to neglect from Braun’s side in making career decisions.
The Closing Remarks
Laroi’s story is nothing short of miraculous. However, his willingness to always go that extra mile made his success well-deserved. Since his tour, his progress has significantly boosted, with his name reaching the entire world. His career has just begun, and he has vast potential that is yet to be found.