What is Teyana Taylor’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$5 million|
|Source of Wealth||Professional Singer, Actress, and Dancer|
|Date of Birth||December 10, 1990|
|Height||5 ft 4 inches|
|Place of Birth||Harlem, New York|
|Partner||Iman Asante Shumpert|
The Usual Intro
Teyana Me Shay Jacqueli Shumpert, popularly known as Teyana Taylor, is an American singer, actress, and dancer. In 2005, Taylor signed a record deal with Pharell Williams’ imprint Star Trak Entertainment.
She made her first national appearance on MTV’s My Super Sweet 16. Later, she signed to Kanye West’s GOOD Music label in 2012. She has worked with prominent artists such as Omarion, Chris Brown, and Usher. Her net worth is estimated to be $5 Million.
Before the Spotlight
Taylor was born on December 10, 1990, in Harlem, New York. She is the daughter of Tito Smith and Nikki Taylor. She was raised by her mother, who also manages her career. She started performing at the age of nine.
She enrolled in various talent competitions, including the Apollo Theater National All-Star talent. Lauryn Hill, Brandy, Stevie Wonder, Janet Jackson, and Michael Jackson were her role models as she grew up.
The Journey to Success
Taylor’s musical journey began in 2006. She made her debut as a choreographer in the music video of Beyoncé’s hit single ‘Ring the Alarm.’ The following year, she was signed by Pharell Williams for Star Trak Entertainment, a contract that got her first appearance in a reality show.
Taylor made her grand entry in the Barbie doll box in the fourth season of My Super Sweet Sixteen in February 2007. In 2012, she signed a joint venture contract with Kanye West’s GOOD Music and The Island Def Jam Music Group. She made an appearance on the GOOD Music compilation album Cruel Summer.
Adidas offered her a contract to design and release two pairs of sneakers in 2013. In 2014, she released her debut studio album under the GOOD Music label titled VII, which reached No. 19 on the Billboard 200.
In 2016, she released Freak On, which became the lead single from her upcoming second studio album. She also started a workout program later in 2017 that led to her dance routine featuring in Kanye West’s music video, Fade.
A year later, she released her second studio album, K.T.S.E, and later on starred in Netflix’s The After Party as Bl’asia. In 2019, she also starred in another film, The Trap.
In 2017, Taylor shared an MTV Video Music Award for Best Choreography for Kanye West’s “Fade” with Guapo, Matthew Pasterisa, Jae Blaze, and Fonzworth Bentley. She was named ‘Video Director of the Year’ at the BET Awards and the BET Hip Hop Awards in 2020.
Teyana was also nominated for ‘Best Female R&B/Pop Artist’ and the ‘BET Her Award’ at the 2019 BET Awards, and ‘Best Dance Performance’ at the Soul Train Music Awards in 2019 and 2020.
The Best Moments
Some important highlights of Taylor’s career include:
- She started her musical career by signing a deal with Pharrell Williams’ Star Trak Entertainment in 2007.
- Featured in Blue Magic, Jay-Z’s music video.
- Made her official debut with Google Me in 2008, which was her first commercial hit single.
- Started acting in 2010, taking the role of Rena in Stomp the Yard: Homecoming.
- Debuted an album titled VII under the label GOOD Music in 2014.
- Collaborated with R&B singer Kehlani to produce Morning in 2019.
- Announcement retirement from the music world in 2020.
The Private Side
Teyana Taylor was engaged to Iman Shumpert in 2015 and previously with Brandon Jennings from 2011 to 2014 when they separated. She has also been in relationships with Soulja Boy in 2009, Daniel Gibson between 2008 and 2009, and ASAP Rocky in 2006. She also had an encounter with Drake in 2009.
In 2016, Taylor married professional basketball player Iman Shumpert, who has played for the New York Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers, Sacramento Kings, Houston Rockets, and also Brooklyn Nets.
They welcomed daughters Junie and Rue on December 16, 2015, and September 6, 2020, respectively; both children were born at home, and Iman delivered them.
In 2018, the couple starred in their own VH1 reality show, Teyana and Iman.
Teyana Taylor’s Related Youtube Video
Teyana Taylor Asks Iman Shumpert 30 Questions | GQ
Famous Quotes of Teyana Taylor
- “You have to stand for what you believe in and sometimes you have to stand alone.”– Teyana Taylor
- “The good thing about movies is that they’re subjective. You can connect to different themes depending on your own perspective.” – Teyana Taylor
- “Look at people for an example, but then make sure to do things your way. Surround yourself with positive people.” – Teyana Taylor
- “It’s great to be able to employ people who other people wouldn’t consider viable employees.” – Teyana Taylor.
The Social World
Here are some social media stats of Teyana Taylor:
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Here are the three important lessons we can learn from her:
- Love Again. You should not give up on love. Always give someone a chance. You will get the perfect mate for you.
- Choose your influencers. Looking up to the right people on your career path will help you set your targets and work towards achieving them.
- Choice matters. Making the right choice is the determinant of your successful life.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some interesting facts about Taylor:
- She made her small-screen debut on MTV.
- She was signed at age 15.
- Her debut album was a chart-topper.
- She’s a rookie actress.
- She is married and has a daughter.
- She filmed her Sweet 16 for MTV.
- She is friends with Chris Brown.
- She creates choreography for many well-known artists, like Beyoncé, Kanye West, and others.
- She was involved in a heated feud with Rihanna in 2013.
Answering Frequent Questions
Is Teyana Taylor married?
Yes, Taylor has been married to American basketballer Iman Shumpert since 2016 and has a daughter.
What is Teyana Taylor’s net worth?
Taylor has had a successful career since she was young. Her net worth is estimated to be $5 million.
Which is Taylor’s best song?
Maybe, from the album VII, featuring Pusha T and Yo Gotti, is considered Taylor’s best song.
The Closing Remarks
Taylor is an American singer, actress, and dancer who ventured into the entertainment industry at a young age. She had a passion for music. She rose to fame after she began working with Kanye West’s GOOD Music label in 2012, and her net worth is estimated to be $5 Million.
Featured image credit: Dooley Productions / Shutterstock.com