What is Tee Grizzley’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$2 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapping, Streaming|
|Date of Birth||March 23, 1994|
|Height||6’0” / 183 cm|
|Place of Birth||Detroit, Michigan, U.S.|
The Usual Intro
Tee Grizzley is a 28-year-old professional American rapper, songwriter, and streamer from Detroit. After serving a nearly three-year sentence in jail, Grizzley made an impressive return by firmly establishing himself at the forefront of the rap industry. Fast forward a few years, Grizzley is now a respected rap artist and entertaining Twitch streamer, racking in millions of dollars while doing what he loves.
Before the Spotlight
Terry Sanchez Wallace Jr. was born in Detroit, Michigan, on March 23, 1994. His biological parents were involved in drug-related crimes and were frequently behind bars. As a result, the young boy was raised by his grandmother.
Grizzly enrolled at Michigan State University but found himself strapped for cash mid-semester. Forced to resort to burglary to pay his dues, Grizzley was caught by authorities and fled to Kentucky to avoid being jailed.
However, he continued to indulge in criminal activities. He was arrested in 2014 after trying to rob a jewelry store and served around three years in prison for all charges against him.
The Journey to Success
Grizzley made good use of his time in prison by honing his rapping skills. After being released in 2016, he adopted his current stage name and — a month later — released his debut single titled “First Day Out” on YouTube.
In 2017, Grizzly signed with 300 Entertainment and Atlantic Records and collaborated with rapper Lil Yatchy on his third single, “From the D to the A.” He also released his debut mixtape, the entirety of which he had written in prison. In 2018, Grizzley released his debut studio album, “Activated.” The album charted well nationally, peaking at the 10th spot on Billboard 200.
Later that year, Lebron James featured his song on one of his Instagram posts and dramatically increased the up-and-coming rapper’s popularity. It gave him the push he needed to fall over into mainstream media.
Grizzly followed up by collaborating with a few other popular artists, such as Lil Durk, Lil Pump, Meek Mill, Moneybagg Yo, and Payroll Giovanni in the late 2010s. These collaborations exposed him to a broader audience and played a crucial role in his continued success.
Grizzly has since come a long way. He released his second and third studio albums in the early 2020s. It was also in 2020 that he started to stream on Twitch. Although Grizzley is a decorated rapper, his streaming career has also brought him considerable wealth through donations and ad revenue. He also hosts a private GTA V roleplaying server that charges users a premium fee for access.
The Best Moments
- Released his debut single, “First Day Out,” a month after being released from prison in 2016
- Released his high-ranking debut studio album, “Activated,” in 2018
- Started streaming on Twitch in 2020
- Dropped his third and latest studio album, “Built for Whatever,” in 2021
The Private Side
Grizzley and his longtime girlfriend, My’Eisha Agnew, had their first child in February 2021. Later that year, Grizzley announced his engagement to Agnew.
In 2019, Grizzley became the victim of a drive-by shooting incident while he was traveling with his driver and aunt. His aunt was shot eight times and succumbed to her wounds at a nearby hospital.
Grizzley had grown up with his aunt and was left devastated by her passing. His following track, “Satish,” was a tribute to her.
Tee Grizzley’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Tee Grizzley
Here are some inspirational quotes from the successful rapper:
- “Discipline yourself. Be conscious of what you think, and what you like. What gets you mad? What gets you in your feelings? Figure that stuff out and take control of it so nobody else can control you.”
- “I think my genre is more ‘reality rap’; I talk about my life and the struggles that I’ve been through.”
- “I really can’t make no wrong moves out here, because just as quick as you can get people to love you, you can get people to hate you.”
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Some success lessons we can learn from the highly followed streamer:
- There’s always light at the end of the tunnel. Despite having to suffer through a troubled childhood and an extensive three-year sentence, Grizzley turned his life around for the better.
- Learn how to monetize your skills. Arguably one of the most important things today’s generation needs to learn is to monetize their skills. Grizzley makes hundreds of thousands while playing games.
- Make the most out of your time. Grizzley used his time in prison to pen down an entire debut mixtape for himself, which later topped several charts.
- Learn from the experienced. Grizzley reportedly hung out with the old and wise instead of the young and ill-tempered while incarcerated.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some interesting facts about Tee Grizzley that we bet you didn’t know:
- Grizzley claims to make nearly $200,000 monthly from his GTA V server membership fees alone.
- According to his Instagram page, Grizzley drives uber, works as a waiter, and is a registered nurse.
- Grizzley was the first person in his family to attend college, making it even more of a shame that he couldn’t complete his education.
- Grizzley’s record sales tripled after he received a shout-out from Lebron James.
Answering Frequent Questions
Where is Grizzley now?
Grizzley resides in Detroit, Michigan, with his partner and son.
Why was Grizzley arrested?
He was arrested for robbery and sentenced to 15 + 18 months in prison.
How much does Grizzley weigh?
Grizzley weighs 95 kg or 210 pounds at 6 feet.
The Closing Remarks
Tee Grizzley is an American rapper who earns a handsome sum of money streaming on Twitch. His streams average five to six thousand live viewers at any time, which is respectable by the highest standards.
The fact that Grizzley claims to make $200,000 per month via his GTA V roleplaying server comes as a shocker. If that statistic is accurate, we may see his net worth completely take off in the coming years.