What is Sidhu Moose Wala’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$4 million|
|Source of Wealth||Singing, Rapping, Songwriting, And Acting|
|Date of Birth||June 11,1993|
|Place of Birth||Mansa district, Punjab, India|
|Partner||Amandeep Kaur Pinkivilla|
The Usual Intro
Shubhdeep Singh Sidhu, widely recognized as Sidhu Moose Wala, was an Indian singer and rapper. Sidhu was well-known for his Punjabi music and work in the entertainment sector.
His influence can be seen in the Indian music industry from his record for the most number one singles on the Indian Billboard charts. He was assassinated on May 29, 2022 by a Canadian-based gangster in Punjab.
Before the Spotlight
Sidhu Moose Wala was born on June 11, 1993 to a Jat Sikh family. Sidhu’s father was in the military but withdrew due to an injury and then worked for the Punjab Police Department. His mother is a housewife. Sidhu was greatly attached to his family and has released songs for them like “Dear Mama” and “Bapu.”
Sidhu did his schooling at Vidya Bharti School, Mansa, Punjab. The singer attended the Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College in Ludhiana and completed his graduation in electrical engineering in 2016. Moose Wala called the rapper Tupac Shakur his inspiration. After graduation, he shifted to Canada for further studies and studied at Sheridan College and Humber College.
The Journey to Success
Sidhu Moose Wala kicked off his music career with his debut song, “G Wagon.” As a student, he began making music only out of passion. By 2017, he had his big breakthrough after he put out the track “So High” in collaboration with Byg Byrd. The public received it well, and it eventually helped him bag several awards. Soon, he saw some success and began performing at local shows in Canada and India.
By 2018, his songs entered the official Top 40 UK Asian Charts. He released his first studio album “PBX 1” in October 2018. This album helped him win the Best Album Award at the 2019 Brit Asia TV Music Awards. Throughout 2019, Sidhu saw a gradual rise in fame and was very consistent in his music. His songs charted almost every time and won many awards. He had become one of the most famous artists in Punjab on Spotify.
Sidhu released a further two albums called “Snitches Get Stitches” and “Moosetape.” Some of the songs from these albums became his first to ever enter the charts in many countries. He put out a music video for the single, “Bambiha Bole.” This video gained over 10 million views in just 24 hours.
Sidhu would go on to perform at the 2021 Wireless Festival, becoming the first Indian to do so. By April 2022, he released the EP No Name album, which contained some of his last tracks. His single “The Last Ride” peaked at number 26, one of his highest ever. The play on words was also a hit, as this was his last track released before he was assassinated.
His record label continues to posthumously release songs from the artist’s locker. Sidhu also owned his record label, 5911 Records. It helps produce music and gives a platform to young and talented stars.
The Best Moments
- Sidhu won the Best Lyricist award at the 2017 Brit Asia TV Music Awards
- He received Best Album Award at the 2019 Brit Asia TV Music Awards
- His all-time favorite single, “47,” featuring British rappers Mist and Stefflon Donwas ranked on the UK Singles Chart
- The song “The Guardian” listed Sidhu among the 50 new artists in 2020
- He released his debut album” PBX 1″, which managed to peak at 66th on the Billboard Canadian Albums chart.
The Private Side
Sidhu Moose Wala was planning to tie the knot with Amandeep Kaur, a Canadian citizen. However, his marriage was postponed to the end of 2021 because of the Punjab elections.
Unfortunately, he was assassinated on May 29, 2021 in the state of Punjab after unidentified gunmen fired 24 bullets at the late singer.
Sidhu Moose Wala’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Sidhu Moose Wala
- “Tahion Rhonda saariya nuh gall ikko kheinda, Love me or hate me menu fark ni penda, Love me or hate me menu fark ni penda.”
- “Jo Kehanda geeta kedhyaan ch kinni aa tu jaaan vekh lain ho bacha bcaha, jihte kare maan vekh lai ve tu udd de lafafe asmaan vekh ke aaha moose pindo, chadehya toofan dekh lai.”
- “Ho khenda aa na jeena chir saada time ni ohdo chaae haathi lang jaye jadon saada timee aagya putt Pattan nhi hilan dinde.”
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Sidhu Moose Wala’s unique style has created a lasting impression on generations. His music is a way for people to escape and get some inspiration:
- Hard work and determination. Since his early days, Sidhu had to work hard to achieve his dreams. He traveled over 24 kilometers to get to class in school. The rapper had to cycle there every day. Later, he would work in hotels to chop meat and wash the dishes. His journey toward music was challenging too. He would visit a lyricist tutor in his village daily, often getting turned away. However, all of his efforts eventually paid off.
- Being original. Having a unique identity is key to being successful in the entertainment sector. In many interviews, Sidhu has stated that music is an unforgiving industry. If you only work to make someone happy or tend to copy a style or pattern, chances are it won’t pay off. Having your personality and being recognizable in a crowd is vital.
- Having faith in God. Sidhu has credited his successes to God. He says that God gives us life and looks over us at all times. Sidhu says that in every step of his life, good or bad, he has always held his belief and faith in God firm. The star jumped into the music sector with this faith and saw his dreams work out.
The Unusual Stuff
- His stage name “Sidhu Moose Wala” was inspired from the name of his village, Moosa.
- He competed in the Indian Assembly Elections 2021 from the district of Mansa, but lost by a margin of 63,323 votes.
- Two of his last songs were titled “295” and “The Last Ride” — Sidhu was killed on 29/5/2021 in a car shootout.
- He appeared in two movies “Moosa Jatt” and “Yes I am Student.”
Answering Frequent Questions
How much does Sidhu Moose Wala charge per show?
According to sources, the exceptional singer charged around $7,000 to $10,000 for nightclub shows and between $18,000 to $25,000 for a live show performance in India.
Why was Sidhu Moose Wala shot?
According to police investigation, Sidhu Moose Wala’s murder was a retaliation attempt against the murder of youth Akali leader, Vicky Middukhera’s. The Lawrence Bishnoi gang is blamed for being involved in the murder of the star.
What is Sidhu Moose Wala’s most viewed song?
As of October 2022, his most viewed song on YouTube is “So High” with over 590 million views. His second and third most viewed songs are “Same Beef” and “295,” respectively.
The Closing Remarks
Even after his untimely death, Sidhu Moose Wala’s influence can be felt all over the world. He has inspired a whole new generation of artists and created a spotlight for the young to showcase their talents. Sidhu’s net worth of almost $4 million is a testament of his journey from a small-village boy to a worldwide star who ignited a passion for Punjabi music in millions across the globe.