What is Ron Howard’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$200 million|
|Source of Wealth||Direction, Production and Acting|
|Date of Birth||March 1, 1954|
|Place of Birth||Duncan, Oklahoma, United States|
|Partner||Cheryl Howard (m.1975)|
The Usual Intro
Ronald William Howard is a renowned director, producer, and writer. He is mainly known for his box office hit films such as “Angels and Demons,” “Inferno,” and many more. His prolific career has made him become one of the most renowned directors in Hollywood.
Before starting his journey into movie-making, Howard rose to fame for his breakout role as Opie Taylor in the hit tv show “The Andy Griffith Show.” He has won 9 Academy Awards till date.
Before the Spotlight
Ron Howard was born on March 1, 1954, in Duncan, Oklahoma. His mother, Jean Speegle, was a successful American actress who starred in over 30 TV shows, while his father, Rance Howard, worked in several blockbuster films of his time.
When Howard was born, Rance was serving in the United States Airforce. In 1958, they moved to a rental house in Desilu Studios. Howard attended Robert Louis Stevenson Elementary and David Star Jordan Junior High.
After graduating from John Burroughs High School, he enrolled in the University of Southern California’s School of Cinematic Arts. Unfortunately, Ron was not able to graduate.
The Journey to Success
Ron’s most prominent performances were in TV shows “The Andy Griffith Show” and “Happy Days.” In 1956, he made his first appearance in the film “Frontier Woman” when he was just 18 months old. At four, he made a memorable screen debut in the famous movie” The Music Man.” Howard has also played the role of a protagonist in some major films such as “American Grafitti” and “The Shootist.”
Owing to his exceptional acting skills, Ron continued to make television and film appearances until he left the all-time favorite sitcom” Happy Days.” He switched to directing/producing and received excellent reviews for his films and TV series, especially “Splash,” “Cocoon” and “Apollo 13.”
Howard’s career took off in the 2000s when he was awarded 4 Oscars for the popular movie “A Beautiful Mind.” Ron also directed several blockbusters with legendary actor Tom Hanks, earning an fortune along the way.
Some of his most popular directions include “The Da Vinci Code,” “Angels and Demons,” and “Inferno.” His valuable contributions to the media industry made him a directorial star. Howard struck gold once again with his 2022 release “Thirteen lives.”
The Best Moments
- Won ‘Best Director Award’ for his highly anticipated film “Apollo 13”
- Received an Oscar for Best Picture and Best Director for “A Beautiful Mind”
- Received National Medal of Arts in 2013
- Enlisted in the honorary “Television Hall of Fame” in 2013
- His film “The Da Vinci Code” grossed over $758 million worldwide
The Private Side
Ron married his high school sweetheart, Cherly, in 1975. They met as juniors at John Burroughs high school in Burbank, California.
Cheryl has appeared in several films directed by Ron, such as “Splash,” “Ranson” and “Angels and Demons.”
The couple has four children and five grandchildren together. Ron resides with his family in a 17,000-square-foot mansion in Greenwich, Connecticut. His extravagant house is worth $27.5 million.
Ron Howard’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Ron Howard
- “One of the great things about being a director as a life choice is that it can never be mastered. Every story is its own kind of expedition, with its own set of challenges.”
- “I’m not a caterer. I just have to stay with my creative convictions. At some point, you have to just get past the special-interest groups and do what you’re there to do, which is make a movie.”
- “The sooner we become a multi-planet species, the safer the species is, and the stronger the guarantee that we’re going to continue to evolve.”
- “I think it’s in our nature to try to get beyond that next horizon. I think that when we, as a species, are scratching that itch, we’re actually following an evolutionary compulsion that is wired into us. I think good things come of it.”
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
- Believe in yourself. Despite the inevitable obstacles Ron encountered in his career, he never gave up. The difficulties he faced pushed him to try harder, and soon his efforts earned him immense popularity in the media industry.
- Focus on the bigger picture. Define the goals you want to accomplish and work for them. Having a purpose in life makes it easier to act to the best of your potential and achieve what you aim for. Ron followed a similar strategy by realizing the heights he could achieve as a producer.
- Never be afraid to change lanes. Despite leading a successful career as an actor, Ron knew that his true potential lied in directing and producing. He took a bold decision to switch to direction, and his bravery paid off, making him one of the most decorated directors of the 21st century.
The Unusual Stuff
- Ron’s wife has starred in almost all of his movies.
- Howard is a die-hard cricket fan and was invited to attend a test match between England and Australia.
- He played a minor role alongside his father at the age of 18 months.
- At Ron’s birth, his parents celebrated by stating on a playbill, “the star appears in the nude, creating quite a sensation.”
- His weekly pocket money as a child was only 25 cents.
Answering Frequent Questions
How many Ron Howard movies has Tom Hanks been in?
Tom Hanks has starred in 5 of Ron’s notable directions, namely “Splash,” “Apollo 13”, “The Da Vinci Code,” “Angels and Demons,” and “Inferno.” After working on several projects together, these two have developed a friendly bond.
What is Ron Howard’s religion?
Ron Howard is a Christian by faith even though he was born in a Morman household; this can be seen in his movies, such as “Angels and Demons,” “Inferno,” etc.
Why did “Hillibilly Elegy” receive negative reviews from the public?
The public criticized the movie as they considered it to be “tone-deaf, politically incorrect, and stereotypical.” It was described as a “sickeningly irresponsible parade of death and despair,” by a journalist from The Independent.
The Closing Remarks
Howard rose to prominence with his commendable acting as well as directing skills. He is known for combining comedy with drama in his works. Ron’s seamless infusion of the two genres has made him quite popular among audiences of all ages. From Wayne to Tom Hanks, Howard has worked with many renowned stars, and is on his way to becoming one of the most influential directors of the 21st century.
Featured image credit: taniavolobueva / Shutterstock.com