What is Odell Beckham Jr.’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$40 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Professional football, Endorsements|
|Date of Birth||November 5, 1992|
|Place of Birth||Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States|
|Partner||Lauren Wood (girlfriend)|
The Usual Intro
Odell Beckham Jr. is a professional American footballer who plays for Newyork Giants of the National Football League. He is known to be one of the best wide receivers in the sport. Odell started playing football at an early age and has been dedicated to becoming one of the most successful players ever since. His net worth reflects his hard work, consistency, and exceptional talent.
Before the Spotlight
Odell Bekham Jr. was born on November 5, 1992, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the oldest of his siblings. His father, Odell Beckham Sr., was a football player, while his mother was a decorated track runner.
Odell studied at Isidore Newman High School in New Orleans. After graduation, he attended Louisiana State University, playing football for the college team. Beckham’s keen interest in football was demonstrated by hours of practice with his teammates.
Odell had an impressive track record playing basketball as a junior and senior. The talented athlete also portrayed his expertise in sprinting and jumping events. He was offered to join the junior national team program but wanted to pursue football as his primary sport.
The Journey to Success
Odell Beckam Jr. started his football career by being drafted in the Louisiana State University’s football team due to his versatile skill set and stronghold on his game. OBJ’s rise to stardom came after an incredible rookie season with the New York Giants in 2014.
Beckham was drafted in the first round of the National Football League at the age of 22. In his debut year, he immediately displayed his skill and talent by claiming numerous NFL records, such as being the first player to achieve 75 receptions, covering 1100 yards, and achieving ten touchdowns in his first season.
Beckham went on to claim the Rookie of the Season Award in 2014. In the game against the Dallas Cowboys in Week 12, he made a one-handed touchdown catch, which went viral over social media. Many sports outlets called it the best catch ever made in the history of the sport.
By 2016, Beckham had solidified his place as one of the greats by claiming even more records, such as the fastest player to reach 200 career receptions and 4000 career yards. In 2020, he was considered one of the sport’s best and most renowned personalities; however, he was still missing the crown jewel — the Super Bowl.
Fortunately, he was signed by the Los Angeles Rams in 2021 for a single season. They went on to win the Super Bowl LVI, cementing his name as a legend.
Aside from his football career, Beckham currently has a Nike sponsorship worth over $25 million. He also has deals with Head & Shoulders, Foot Locker, and Lenovo. Odell is a keen esports enthusiast and has invested his time and money in young organizations.
Beckham is also a television superstar featuring in several shows such as Catching Odell, Code Black, Ballers, and music videos for artists such as Drake, Chris Brown, Niki Minaj, and Ariana Grande.
The Best Moments
Here are some of the essential highlights from Odell Beckham’s outstanding career:
- Won the Paul Hornung Award in 2013
- Acquired by the Newyork Giants in 2014
- Became the first Giants’ player to earn the title “Offensive Rookie of the Year”
- Ranked amongst the top 100 players in the NFL in the 2019 Season
- Won his first Super Bowl championship with the Rams in 2021
The Private Side
Beckham was inspired to become an athlete from his parents. He has two younger siblings, Kordell and Jasmine.
Odell Beckham has been dating model Lauren Wood for the past two years, but the couple has been relatively private about their relationship. In 2020, they officially announced their relationship at the Vanity Fair Oscar. Earlier this year, the celebrity couple welcomed their first child, Zydn.
Odell purchased a 14,000-square-foot house in Columbia Station, Ohio, for $1.6 million. He’s planning to sell the sprawling mansion for $3.3 million.
Odell Beckham Jr.’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Odell Beckham Jr.
- “There’s always going to be bumps in the road. There’s always going to be this and that, adversity. You just overcome it. It’s what I’ve done all my life.”
- “I never, ever thought I would be able to grow a beard like I have now. I think it’s gonna be here for a little minute. Fear the beard, hopefully.”
- “As you get older, you grow and mature, and that should never stop. As soon as you stop growing, you’re done living. I’ll always be growing, forever learning, forever taking in advice from people I deeply respect.”
- “Life stuff happens. You get knocked down, and you get back up. That’s just always been my mentality. I’m not really fazed by anything. It’s in the past. There’s nothing I can really do about it now. You learn from it, and you move on.”
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Here are some lessons worth learning from Bekham’s flourishing career:
- Cherish every moment. Even if things aren’t turning out the way you expect them, don’t waste your timecomplaining. Odell did not win a single Super Bowl until his 8th season. Instead of complaining, he focused on other awards that were within his reach.
- Practice guarantees success. Since he first stepped foot in the field, Odell trained consistently and rigorously to improve his game. His hard work paid off when he broke multiple NFL records in his very first season.
- Learn from your mistakes. Very few players get drafted in the NFL, and even fewer get to become one of the greatest in the league. Odell Beckham achieved this status by constantly learning from his shortcomings and improving in all aspects of the sport.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some exciting facts about the footballer Beckham:
- Despite being a professional football player, Odell is exceptionally talented at other sports like baseball.
- Odell’s faux fade haircut is a highly popular style amongst his fans.
- He set a Guinness World Record for the most one-handed catches in one minute at 33 catches.
- Beckham considers Los Angeles Laker’s forward LeBron James as his idol.
Answering Frequent Questions
Why did Odell Beckham leave the Super Bowl final?
Odell Beckham was ruled out of the Super Bowl LVI after he suffered from a non-contact knee injury. Beckham then had to leave during the third quarter.
How much did Odell lose with Bitcoin?
Odell Bekham Jr. announced that he would start taking his salary in Bitcoin, which proved quite unfortunate after thecryptocurrency’s latest dip. His entire salary is now worth USD 35,000, including taxes, which is equal to one Bitcoin.
Is Odell Beckham Jr a top wide receiver?
According to the official NFL website, Beckham ranks among the top 5 receivers after entering NFL in 2014.
The Closing Remarks
Beckham is one of the finest players in the history of American football. The 29-year-old professional has outperformed many players during his remarkable career. Based on the recent contract Beckam signed, he will become one of the highest-paid wide receivers in the sport. However, Odell’s fame got slightly overshadowed by the controversies he had to face in his professional career.
Featured image credit: DFree / Shutterstock.com