What is Mulatto’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$2 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapping|
|Date of Birth||December 22, 1998|
|Height||5’6” / 160 cm|
|Place of Birth||Columbus, Ohio, U.S.|
The Usual Intro
Latto (formerly known as Mulatto, Big Latto, and Miss Latto) is a biracial rapper from America who rose to popularity in the late 2010s. The young rapper is known for winning the 2016 reality TV show “The Rap Game.” She has released two albums and multiple mixtapes since; several of her releases have charted well on Billboard.
Before the Spotlight
Alyssa Michelle Stephens was born on December 22, 1998, in Columbus, Ohio. The identity of her biological father is unknown. Her mother’s boyfriend, Shayne Pitts, acted as her father figure during her early years.
Latto and her family moved to Atlanta when she was two. Her father was African American, and her mother was Caucasian, but she herself was fairly light-skinned, for which she was bullied in school. The bullying she faced because of her mixed ethnicity ended up being the inspiration for her future stage name – Mulatto.
Latto grew up around cars and learned how to drive at a young age. She was also particularly interested in drag racing.
The Journey to Success
While Latto started rapping at age 10, she didn’t see much success until her late teenage years. 2016 proved to be her breakout year as she won the popular reality show “The Rap Game.” Impressed by her performance, So So Def Records offered her a contract. Latto turned down the offer and began pursuing her solo career instead.
After gaining a sizeable fanbase, Latto released her debut single, “No More Talking.” She followed this up with two mixtapes; “Miss Mulatto” (2016) and “Latto Let ‘Em Know” (2017).
Her feud with fellow Rap Game contestant Young Lyric would result in diss tracks being released from both sides, garnering publicity and attention.
She remained inactive throughout 2018 but made a strong return a year later and released her hit single, “Bitch from da Soul,” in 2019. The track made it onto the Billboard 100 chart, although it only peaked at No. 95.
Due to her increasing publicity, Latto started being invited to live performances at big events, which exposed her to an even bigger audience. In 2020, she signed with RCA records and released her debut studio album “Queen of da Soul.” The album was an instant hit and claimed the 44th spot on the Billboard Top 200.
In the year 2020, she collaborated with and was featured by many famous artists like Cardi B, Doja Cat, and Gucci Mane. After seeing how much the public loved her debut album, she released an extended version with the track “Sex Lies,” featuring Lil Baby.
In late 2021, Latto shocked fans and critics alike by releasing her highest-charting single to date, “Big Energy,” which peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100. A year later, she released her second debut album, “777,” which included a collaboration with 21 Savage.
The Best Moments
- Won The Rap Game in 2016
- Released her debut studio album, “Queen of da Soul,” in 2020
- Released her highest charting single, “Big Energy,” in 2021
- Released her second studio album, “777,” in 2022
The Private Side
Mulatto is a private person and does not reveal details regarding her personal life. She was in a relationship with a mystery boyfriend, which media networks reported to be 21 Savage. However, there’s little evidence to support this claim.
In addition to her decorated singing career, Latto has also ventured into business. She owns a clothing store, Pittstop Clothing, in her hometown of Georgia.
Mulatto’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Mulatto
Here are some of Latto’s most famous quotes and sayings:
- “When you successful the first thing a hater gon’ say Is that you done went Hollywood.”
- “They watching my moves tryna race ain’t a game Soon they gone crash better stay in they lane.”
- “I’m bound to be the greatest.”
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Here are some success lessons we can learn from the rich and influential rapper:
- Value your privacy. Latto keeps the identity of her boyfriend and details of her personal life to herself.
- Don’t be afraid to try new things. Despite being a multimillionaire singer, Mullato ventured into business and launched her own clothing store.
- Start young. It’s never too late to start. But it’s also no secret that starting young gives you an overwhelming head start above your competition.
- Stand against bullying. Even though Latto was bullied during school for being of mixed ethnicity, she embraced her biracial nature by using the stage name Mulatto.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some interesting facts about Latto that we bet you didn’t know:
- Latto was mistaken for another woman and arrested by police in May 2019.
- She was a part of the 2020 XXL Freshman Class.
- Latto has been a brand ambassador for Rihanna’s Savage X Fenty lingerie.
- Latto’s biological father wanted her to be a drag racer.
Answering Frequent Questions
How does Latto make money?
Latto generates income through record sales, royalties, brand deals, tours, and concerts. She also earns by selling merchandise through her clothing store.
When is Latto’s next tour?
Latto will be opening for rapper Lizzo in her “The Special Tour,” scheduled to start on September 23, 2022.
What is “F*ck Rice Street” about?
Latto released this track to express her anger and frustration at law enforcement after being mistakenly arrested.
The Closing Remarks
Latto is a biracial American rapper who was bullied during childhood for her dual ethnicity and light-colored skin. Rather than succumbing to the ridicule, she embraced her heritage and began rapping under the name “Mulatto” – an ethnic slur used to describe people with mixed ancestry.
She later had to change her name to Latto due to mounting pressure from modern-day activists but explained that her choice of name wasn’t intended to offend or derogate anyone.