What is Moneybagg Yo’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$6 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Professional Rapper, Songwriter|
|Date of Birth||September 22, 1991|
|Height||1.73 m (5’8”)|
|Place of Birth||Memphis, Tennessee, USA|
The Usual Intro
DeMario DeWayne White Jr, famously known as Moneybagg Yo, is an American professional rapper and songwriter. Relatively new to the rapping scene, White instantly became a sensation with the support of fellow Memphis rapper, Yo Gotti.
His first and second albums saw immense commercial success, seamlessly making their way onto the Billboard 200 chart. White’s successive projects continued to break records for him. Even though he ran into legal troubles due to gun possession charges, his growth was not affected.
Before the Spotlight
DeMario DeWayne White Jr. was born on September 22, 1991, in Memphis, Tennessee, USA. Little information is available about White’s early life. As his father wasn’t present, he and his two siblings were raised by a single mother working tirelessly to make ends meet.
Since childhood, White has been invested in music, particularly in the hip-hop genre. Artists like Drake and Future inspire him a lot, and he dropped out of high school to focus on his music career.
The Journey to Success
White’s music career began in 2012 in the form of multiple mixtapes. However, it wasn’t until 2016 that White garnered recognition following three mixtape releases. He won a Memphis Hip Hop award for ‘Mixtape Of The Year.’Some of his known early mixtapes include “ELO,” “2 Federal,” and “Heartless.”
White began working with Yo Gotti, who signed him under his Collective Music Group record label. Following a distribution deal with Interscope Record, White released his hit mixtape “Federal 3X.” Later on, he produced numerous mixtapes and worked with many prominent artists like Quavo, Youngboy NBA, Lil Baby, and Tay Keith. In 2018, he released his debut studio album “Reset,” which gained considerable attention.
White’s third studio album, “Time Served,” climbed to No.3 on the Billboard 200 chart. His fame allowed him to work with other well-known artists like Jhene Aiko and Polo G. His most recent album, “A Gangsta’s Pain,” debuted with 110,000 album sales and reached number one twice on the Billboard 200 chart.
The Best Moments
- Memphis Hip Hop Award for Mixtape Of The Year. (2016)
- Signing under Collective Music Group record label and Interscope Records.
- Debut album “Reset” (2018)
- Most successful album (2021)
The Private Side
White has been in several relationships throughout his life. His most famous relationship was with rapper Megan Thee Stallion. Unfortunately, the two broke up in 2019. White has eight children in total — four sons and four daughters. He started dating Ari Fletcher in 2020 and has an on-and-off relationship with her.
In 2016, Moneybagg Yo and other guests at his CD release party were arrested for gun possession and drug abuse charges.
White converted to Islam and took his shahada from rapper Kevin Gates. He is a devout Muslim who practices Islamic rituals.
Moneybagg Yo‘s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Moneybagg Yo
- “Just because you took longer than others, doesn’t mean you failed. Remember that.”
- “Just don’t let anyone judge you. Move at your own pace. Do things the way you want, and if people don’t get it immediately, then make them understand.”
- “You can have the talent. It’s cool, everybody has the talent, but it’s more than that to be a successful star. You gotta be able to listen and take constructive criticism and different stuff like that, you know what I’m saying? And you just gotta be on time.”
The Social World
Here are the social media statistics of Moneybagg Yo.
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
- Achieving greatness takes time. White has been working on music since 2012, but the response was below his expectations. He remained steadfast and waited until he found rapid success. Waiting for the right time and believing it will arrive is essential for success.
- Having strong ideals. Follow the path which you believe is correct. White preaches how you should not let the judgment of others influence your own beliefs. Do not rush your plans to prove yourself to others; make them understand your perspective.
- Talent isn’t everything. Though White believes having talent is important, he admitted that putting in hard work is more important than talent. If you do not hone your craft, your skills will be useless.
- Learn from criticism. Getting upset at criticism is a sign of arrogance. While all criticism is not constructive, White explains there is still much to learn from others’ perspectives.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some less-known facts about Moneybagg Yo:
- White has his own clothing line called Bread Gang Clothing.
- His nickname was given to him by one of his classmates in high school.
- White produces the beats of his songs by himself.
- Before getting famous, White’s only job was at Church’s Chicken.
Answering Frequent Questions
How has Moneybagg Yo earned his wealth?
White’s affluence comes from the music industry through live streams, album sales, and concerts.
Who are the mothers of Moneybagg Yo’s children?
Only two out of four of his baby mamas are known. One is Chyna Santana, who passed away, and the other is a woman that goes by the name Juicy Baby online.
How did Moneybagg Yo and Ari Fletcher meet?
Initially, White saw her at a mall but later interacted with her at a party.
The Closing Remarks
Moneybagg Yo is currently one of the most popular and fastest-growing rappers in America. He continues improving his musical sense and rapping style to progress further in the rap and trap music industry. His resilience in capturing a large audience in a short amount of time is an inspirational feat.
Featured image credit: Franklin Sheard Jr / Shutterstock.com