What is Molly Yeh’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$9 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Chef, Blogging|
|Date of Birth||May 22, 1989|
|Height||5’7 / 1.7m|
|Place of Birth||Glenview, Illinois, United States|
The Usual Intro
Molly Yeh is a professional American chef, cookbook author, blogger, and an iconic TV personality. She hosted the Food Network’s reality TV Show “Girl Meets Farm” in 2018, which catapulted her to stardom.
Molly gained further prominence in the business industry thanks to her blog titled “My Name Is Yeh,” which was a valuable resource for many aspiring chefs and food lovers.
She’s active on social media, where she captivates thousands of fans with pictures of her cuisine. Today, she stands as one of the most notable names in America’s food industry.
Before the Spotlight
Molly Yeh was born on May 22, 1989, in Glenview, Illinois. Her father, John Bruce Yeh, works as a founding director of Chicago Pro Musica, while her mother, Jody Yeh, is a housewife. Both her parents had a solid musical background.
Molly has one older sister, Jenna, a well-known chef, and one half-sister, Mia. She spent her childhood living in the streets of Chicago and studied at Glenbrook South High School. She then relocated to New York to attend Juilliard School and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in music.
The Journey to Success
While residing in New York, Molly’s interest shifted from music to cooking. She embarked on her journey to stardom by first launching her own personal lifestyle website titled “MynameisYeh.com.” Although she began blogging in 2009, Molly pursued it more professionally after she moved with her fiance to New York in 2013.
Her blogging website featured healthy breakfast recipes and midwest cooking recipes. The website became a ground-breaking success; it attracted a huge traffic of food enthusiasts, reaching over a million hits every month. Her success encouraged her to publish her first book called “Molly on the Range: Recipes and Stories from An Unlikely Life on a Farm,” which was another big hit, garnering her 2017 IACP Judges’ Choice Cookbook Award.
Later, Molly became the host of many popular TV Shows, including “Ben and Jerry’s Clash of the Cones,” “Spring Breaking Championship” and the podcast “From the Top.”
The Best Moments
- She won the title of “Food Blog of the Year” by Saveur and Yahoo.
- Her work was covered by magazines like The New York Times, Bon Appetit, etc.
- Forbes included her in their ‘30 Under 30 – Food & Drink’ list in 2017.
- Released the novel “Yogurt.”
The Private Side
Molly met Nick Hagen in her high school and fell in love. They both dated for a year and eventually established a greater level of intimacy. The couple married in 2014 and moved to Minnesota-North Dakota. Nick was an American sugar beet farmer.
In 2019, the couples were blessed with a daughter who they named Bernadette Rosemary Yeh Hagen. The following year, they welcomed their second daughter named Ira Dorothy Yeh Hagen.
Molly Yeh’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Molly Yeh
Molly’s words are a great blessing for us. Here are some precious gems:
- “If people feel inspired to try something new and different in the kitchen then I’ll have accomplished what I wanted to accomplish.”
- “Question: How do you make a plate of hummus filling enough for a bunch of big burly farmers? Answer: Put meat all over it.”
- “When the chickpeas are still warm from boiling, you get warm hummus, which feels more like a meal. And it’s not that hard. Just plan ahead, soak them all night, and dump them in the food processor.”
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Molly covers many diverse chapters in life. Here are some lessons we can adopt from her:
- Be Different. It’s all about the quality. Her unique recipes, her skilfully prepared dishes, her ability to simplify complex recipes, the way she sprinkled, and her sharp movements – how often do you witness such finesse? Molly’s uniqueness was a key factor in her success.
- Pursue Your Passion. Even though she had a degree in Music, Molly realized that her interest lay in cooking and food. It was a turning point in her life, and thereafter she put all her heart and dedication into cooking. The idea here is to set a defined goal for yourself and put all of your heart into it.
- Establish Connections. One reason for her worldwide fame links to her interaction with her husband. He played a significant driving force in motivating Yeh to focus on her interests. He helped shape her opinion. In addition, she also gained exposure from her mom, who taught her the balancing of flavors.
- Hard Work & Persistence. Molly did not reach the top by just sitting and praying. It involved constant effort and working tirelessly. Her path toward success was obstructed by many hardships and setbacks. She fought it all with renewed vigor and never let her head down.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some exciting facts about Molly that we bet you didn’t know:
- Macaroni and Cheese was the first dish she perfected.
- She listens to classical music while cooking.
- She used to write journals as a child, which helped her start up her blog.
- Tahini, marzipan, sprinkles, sugar, and salt can always be found in her pantry.
Answering Frequent Questions
What kind of oil does Molly Yeh use?
The Food Network star prioritizes olive oil over butter in the various dishes she prepares.
What kind of sprinkles does Molly Yeh use?
When Molly doesn’t prepare sprinkles at home, she buys 7 India Tree Nature’s Colors Sprinkles for $8.
Does Molly Yeh have a new kitchen?
Her new kitchen line is available at Mason’s, and it features stylish cookware and back-to-school lunch essentials.
The Closing Remarks
Cooking is not a profession – it’s an art. Molly Yeh makes that apparent through her artistic skills. Over the years, she has refined and solidified her cooking style. Perfectly dripping frosted cakes, scrumptious dishes in focus, blurry background, and cupcakes artfully askew will leave your mouth watery. Light up your tastebuds with Molly’s rich flavorful dishes today!