What is Mike Trout’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$60 Million|
|Source of Wealth||MLB Salary, Endorsements|
|Date of Birth||7th August, 1991|
|Height||6’2 / 1.88 meters|
|Place of Birth||Vineland, New Jersey, United States|
The Usual Intro
Michael Trout is a professional baseball player who is currently a center fielder for the Los Angeles Angels in the MLB. His exceptional fielding skills make him one of the best baseball players of the 21st century.
Teammates and coaches have reported that Mike brings energy every time he plays on the field because of his whole-hearted love of the game.
Before the Spotlight
Michael Nelson Trout was born on August 7th, 1991, in Vineland, New Jersey to Jeff and Debbie Trout. He has one older brother named Tyler, and one older sister named Teal.
Mike was passionate about sports since he was a kid. He played basketball and baseball in Millville Senior High School. He set a new record in New Jersey High School by scoring 18 home runs.
His interest in baseball developed from his father, Jeff Trout, who was also a professional baseball player in the 80s. He taught him how to play and the importance of patience.
Mike started training at Tri-State Arsenal when he was 14. According to scouts, he was the fastest and strongest player in the team.
The Journey to Success
Mike’s journey to stardom began when he was still in high school. He played in the “Area Code Games,” scoring 6-for-11 against some of the top players. After graduating from high school, he was drafted by The Angels in 2009 and became the 25th member in the first round of the MLB.
He first played for the Arizona Angels in the rookie-level Arizona League and finished the season with Cedar Rapids Kernels in the Class-A Midwest League. Mike was promoted to Class A-Advanced California League’s Rancho Cucamonga Quakes. His outstanding performance in the 2010 season awarded him the “Topps Minor League Player of the Year Award,” making him the youngest player to earn that honor.
Mike was called up to the majors in 2011. He hit his first home run against the Baltimore Orioles and became Angel’s youngest player to hit two home runs in a single game. The following year, he played for the Salt Lake Bees before joining the Angels in April. 2012 marked the breakthrough in his career. Trout broke several rookie records that year and was awarded “Rookie of the Month” four times. By the end of the season, he also won ‘BBWAA Jackson Robinson Rookie of The Year Award.’
He hit another milestone in 2013 when he reached his 200th career run after only 249 games, making him the fastest player to achieve that feat in 73 years. In 2015, Trout won the prestigious ‘All-Star Game MVP’ title, becoming the first person to earn this in the sport’s history. Next year, Trout was again awarded “American League MVP.”
Trout injured his thumb in 2017 and had to stay off the pitch for eight weeks. However, he reappeared in July to record his 1000th career hit. In early 2018, he signed a $426 million deal with the Angels. Despite his foot surgery, he finished with 45 home runs and earned his third MVP honor award. During the 2020 season, he scored his 300th home career home run, breaking the Angels’ all-time record.
The Best Moments
- In 2010, he played in the All-Star Futures Game and was named Baseball America’s second-best overall baseball prospect.
- He received the titles of ‘Baseball America All-Star’ and a ‘Topps Class A All-Star’ at age 19.
- He was named ‘Baseball America’s ‘Minor League Player of the Year’ in July 2011.
- Mike won a total of 8 Silver Slugger Awards and became a three-times champion in the American League MVP.
The Private Side
Mike partnered with numerous companies and made millions from the lucrative world of celebrity endorsements. He teamed up with Nike to launch his personal line of shoes. He also has endorsement deals with food companies such as SuperPretzel and Subway.
He has recently started investing in BodyArmor, a well-known sports drink. Trout also signed a deal with “Topps” and sold his autographed baseball cards.
Mike married his high school girlfriend, Jessica Cox, in 2017. The couple has their first child, Beckham Aaron Trout, in 2020.
Mike Trout’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Mike Trout
Mike’s powerful words develop strong imagery in our minds. Let’s look at some of his influential quotes:
- “I just keep thinking about putting up good numbers, playing hard, and winning games.”
- “You surprise yourself on some balls off the bat. You don’t think you have the chance to catch it. And then your natural ability just takes over”
- “I always dreamed of making it in baseball, but life has moved pretty quickly for me.”
The Social World
Mike’s long list of prestigious awards has gathered him a large fan base. Below are some of his active social media accounts with their statistics:
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Mike Trout is an exemplary figure for us. Here are some of the lessons we can adopt into our lives:
- Hard work pays off. Mike received criticism over his throwing hand. He worked towards perfecting it, and won his first MVP award by his second season.
- Learn from your mistakes. Mike Trout was struck two times in a row by a pitcher in one game. Instead of opting for the dugout, Mike took a more positive approach and said: “I’ve figured it out now. I got him next time.” Instead of giving up, he showed how consistency and learning from your mistakes play a vital role in paving the way to success.
- Keep improving. Even though Mike has won many prestigious awards, he does not boast about it. He believes that he is a work in progress, which is clear from his saying: “I’ll just try to get better each and every day.”
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some of the exciting facts about Mike that we bet you didn’t know of:
- Mike owns a 9,000-square feet mansion worth $9 million in Newport.
- He honored his late brother-in-law, Aaron Cox, with a home run.
- Mike was once banned from a carnival game at the Cumberland County Fair because he won a prize every time he played.
- He proposed to his girlfriend in 2016 by hiring a skywriter.
Answering Frequent Questions
Is Mike Trout right-handed or left-handed?
Mike Trout bats and throws with his right hand.
How long did Mike date Jessica?
Jessica was in a relationship with Mike since high school and supported him throughout his career. They spent 11 years together before getting married.
What disease does Mike Trout have?
Mike suffers from a thyroid condition for which he takes Human Growth Hormone (hGH).
The Closing Remarks
Mike Trout has solidified his reputation as an all-time great in the world of baseball, setting multiple records and consistently having one of the highest on-base percentages in the league. His god-gifted lightning speed, coupled with persistence and hard work, allowed him to win a number of awards and gather a huge fan base.