What is Maye Musk’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$20 million|
|Source of Wealth||Writing/Modeling/Diet Counseling|
|Date of Birth||April 19th, 1948|
|Nationality||Canada, South Africa, United States|
|Height||1.73m (5 ‘8)|
|Place of Birth||Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada|
|Partner||Errol Musk (1970-1979)|
The Usual Intro
Maye Musk is a Canadian model and dietician. She had a successful 50-year-long run of modeling career and was featured on many popular magazines. She’s the mother of the world’s richest man, Elon Musk, who is an entrepreneur and investor.
Maye is not just a proud mother — she shines her own light too. She is the author of the bestselling book “A Woman Makes a Plan: Advice for a Lifetime of Adventure, Beauty, and Success.”
Before the Spotlight
Maye Musk was born on April 19, 1948, in Canada as Maye Haldeman. She had five siblings, including a twin. She studied at the University of Oran, graduating with a master’s degree in dietetics.
Her parents, Winnifred Josephine and Dr. Joshua Norman Haldema, were archaeologists and she went along with them on their expeditions. In the early 1950s, her family set out on an expedition to locate the Lost City of the Kalahari.
Musk traveled with her parents in a prop plane around southern Africa in an attempt to locate the fabled city. For over ten years, they roamed the Kalahari Desert.
Related: Errol Musk Personal Life and Worth
The Journey to Success
Maye Musk kicked off her professional career as a model when she was only 15. Her god-gifted beauty landed her many modeling roles. She has been imprinted on Special K cereal boxes. Maye has also collaborated with many popular artist like Beyonce, appearing in her music video of “Haunted.”
In 2011, Musk began to capture the eye of the public when she appeared on the New York magazine with a fake baby bump. Her success garnered her many modeling projects in US and Canada. The following year, she was featured on the cover of Elle Canada. Many popular shopping brands like Target and Virgin America also offered her commercial gigs in exchange for large sums of money.
Age doesn’t stops Maye. She obtained millions through the lucrative world of fashion modeling. In her 60s, she appeared on four billboards in Times Square. Turning 69, she made history by appearing as the oldest spokesmodel for the brand, CoverGirl.
Maye signed a deal with CAA Fashion and CAA Speakers at the age of 72 which sky-rocketed her career. Outside modeling, she is also a renowned dietician, having two master’s degrees in dietetics and nutritional science. In 2019, she released her memoir, “A Woman Makes a Plan: Advice for a Lifetime of Adventure, Beauty, and Success.”
The Best Moments
- 1952 – Explored southern Africa on her parents’ expedition
- 1969 – She was a finalist in the Miss South Africa beauty competition
- 1970 – Married Errol Musk
- 1971 – Son Elon Musk was born
- 2017 – She was the oldest spokesmodel of the brand “CoverGirl”
- 2019 – Published her first book
- 2012 – Pictured on the front page of Elle Canada
- 2021 – she made a guest appearance at Lady Kitty Spencer’s wedding
- 2021 – Appeared on Saturday Night Live with son Elon Musk
The Private Side
Maye Musk married Errol Musk in 1970 and had three children with him, namely Elon Musk, Kimbal Musk, and Tosca Musk. However, Errol proved to be a violent and abusive husband and Maye divorced him in 1979.
Maye Musk has enjoyed success as a model, but her children have had even more success in their careers. She supported them on many occasions; for example, she offered her sons a whopping $100,000 paycheck when they were launching a new form called “Zip2.”
Maye also gave away all her savings from a Toronto job to finance their business. Her son, Elon, is one of the richest men in the world as the owner of SpaceX and Tesla. Kimbal co-founded the company “The Kitchen and Big Green.” Her youngest son is an award winning actor.
Maye Musk’s Related Youtube Video
Maye Musk On Raising Successful Children And Leveling Up Her Career
Maye sat down for an interview with CBS to discuss her life and career.
Famous Quotes of Maye Musk
Maye’s words of wisdom continue to embellish our lives. Here are some of the best quotes and sayings from her:
- “It’s better to be interesting than to be beautiful.”
- “You need to have a reason to move. You may want to explore better opportunities, get away from bad situations, or just take a chance. It could be the best thing you do.”
- “No matter how big or small the opportunity, someone else will always answer the question for you of “why not?” But think about what’s going to make you happy.”
- “When you have good eating habits, you have more energy and feel fantastic, but it takes time and persistence. That was the basis of my nutrition counseling.”
- “Things broke. We didn’t panic. We fixed them and carried on. In life, we fear many things that don’t happen. When bad things happen, we need to find a solution.”
The Social World
Maye Musk has successfully shown that older people can have a place on social media. She is very active on social platforms, especially Instagram.
She has 570k followers on Instagram and regularly posts about her life, modeling, and travels.
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Maye musk is an ideal motherly figure for many, having set out many life-leading lessons. Here are some crucial ones we can adopt in our lives:
- Stay Persistent. Maye suffered many hardships in her life. She was living in a viciously abusive marriage and was beaten up frequently by her husband. The worst part about it was that she couldn’t get a divorce due to legal complications. Maye bore it all and showered her kids with affection.
- Hard Work. Maye worked hard throughout her career. She was once offered a modeling job in Mississauga. That morning, she took four buses, two trains, and walked 400 yards in three feet of snow to reach her destination. That’s not all – she had to walk again in the thick snow to hitch a ride back. She fought the toughest of conditions with her strong will.
- Age does not define you. Maye modeled for the first time when she turned 15. She was told her modeling career would end when she turns 18. Maye overlooked it all and even at the age of 71, she continues to take the internet by storm with her impeccable beauty. Don’t factor in age as a barrier to moving ahead.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some of the facts about Maye that we bet you didn’t know of:
- Maye Musk appeared on the late-night comedy show Saturday Night Live in 2021 when her son Elon hosted the show.
- Musk has two master’s degrees, one in nutritional science and one in dietetics.
- Musk has a twin named Kaye, who also has children who are entrepreneurs.
- She appeared naked on the cover of Time Magazine.
Read More: Most Famous Actresses Over 50 In The World
Answering Frequent Questions
How did Maye Musk become wealthy?
Maye Musk struggled with poverty as a single mother. However, she worked hard in her career as a dietician and model and soon rose to success.
Why does Maye Musk have white hair?
Musk is famous for refusing to dye her hair. Many models choose to dye their hair when they age, but Musk focuses on natural beauty.
Where does Maye Musk live?
Musk has lived all over the world, and she claims South Africa, the United States, and Canada as some of her homes. She currently resides in Los Angeles.
The Closing Remarks
Maye Musk’s $20 million net worth has come from a lifetime of hard work. She had an adventurous start to her life as she followed along on her parents’ expeditions. She endured a difficult marriage and life as a single mother. Finally, she found success as a model and dietician. Today, she continues to enthrall the public with her enchanting looks, reminding us how age doesn’t define a person’s capabilities.
Featured image credit: lev radin / Shutterstock.com