What is Mark Rober’s Net Worth?
|Net worth||$5 million|
|Source of Wealth||YouTuber / Inventor / Entrepreneur|
|Date of Birth||March 11, 1980|
|Height||5’8 (172 cm)|
|Place of Birth||Orange County, California|
The Usual Intro
Mark Rober is an internet celebrity who has a massive fan following on Youtube for his science-related content and is the genius behind “Digital Dudz,” his own costume shop.
The Youtuber is also a mechanical engineer who’s worked for NASA developing certain things for the Curiosity Rover. His work on “#TeamTrees” with Mr.Beast helped raise millions of dollars for planting trees. His recent work sheds light on the ocean cleanup initiative happening around the world.
Before the Spotlight
Mark Rober was born on March 11, 1980 in Orange Country, California. Much of his childhood is a mystery; he has shared some details regarding his interests while growing up but nothing that about his family or relationships. As a young boy, he loved math and science and did his own experiments, like creating goggles that shield your eyes while you’re cutting an onion.
Beyond that, we also don’t know much about his adolescent years. He loved his physics class experiments and would eventually go on to pursue a major in mechanical engineering from Brigham Young University. He graduated from there and pursued a Master’s degree from the University of Southern California before working with NASA at their Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
The Journey to Success
Rober has enjoyed a rather illustrious career rife with success. The work he did for companies like NASA and Apple Inc. before eventually ending up with his own channel on Youtube was prolific in its own right. He worked on the Curiosity rover for the Mars mission for almost nine years before working with Apple till around 2015.
In 2011, he started his own YouTube channel under a different alias. Soon after getting his first viral video up on the platform, the YouTuber decided to pursue his interests full-time and even started his own costume shop called “DigitalDudz.” This meant he had to leave his dream job at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. As a former NASA employee, his content received a lot of positive reception from the online community.
Rober’s content online is typically science and tech-related, even though he made his debut making prank videos and nifty costume ideas. It wouldn’t be long before he started collaborating with interesting people. His channel saw a lot of initial success but it took heart and determination from Rober to bring it to a point where it boasts over 22 million subscribers and over 2 billion views.
He’s still engaged in a number of high-paying activities like authoring patents and co-hosting a show for the Discovery Channel. Rober claims to plan out his uploading schedule and edit his own videos. He keeps coming up with new ideas even though he’s not done with the old ones. In 2015, he was also invited to speak about the benefits of thinking creatively by TED.
In 2019, Rober collaborated with Mr.Beast on the #TeamTrees initiative along with a host of other YouTubers looking to become a part of something monumental and positive. Later, he started something similar with #TeamSeas and ended up raising $30 Million for cleaning up the beaches and seas with The Ocean Cleanup crew.
The Best Moments
- Started working with NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
- Spent four years working with Apple Inc. as a product designer.
- Quit his job at NASA to launch his own online costume/merchandise store.
- Started collaborating with other creators and celebrities on Youtube.
- Branched out and started making science-related content for his channel.
- Collaborated with Mr. Beast to raise awareness for his #TeamTrees initiative.
The Private Side
Rober is a very private person and not much is known about his parents. The YouTuber barely ever features them online, except for a photo-op with his mother on Instagram. The star has a wife and a son who he often shares pictures with on Instagram.
The family lives in Sunnyvale, California in a cozy house with enough parking space to fit all of Rober’s cars. Rober’s son suffers from autism and he has made efforts to raise awareness about it by hosting a livestream with talk show host Jimmy Kimmel. However, he came under fire for raising funds for the controversial organization NEXT for AUTISM.
Mark Rober’s Related YouTube Video
Feeding Bill Gates a Fake Burger (to save the world)
Famous Quotes of Mark Rober
- “Wearable tech is really exploding, and I feel like five years down the road, tech is going to be totally in our clothing. It’s the next frontier for tech to conquer in our lives.”
- “By shifting your focus to the princess and treating your life’s challenges like video games, you can trick your brain and actually learn more and see more success.”
- “I have a science YouTube channel where I will sometimes use my engineering skills to build things such as the world’s largest Super Soaker or the Guinness World Record world’s largest Nerf gun.
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
- Reinvent Yourself: Being able to reinvent yourself regardless of the circumstances you’re going through is a luxury that only the brave can enjoy. Rober doesn’t shy away from tackling problems, he tries to construct easier ways to do something.
- Take Risks: Making sacrifices for your goals can be very beneficial for you. Rober chose his passion over a cushy job with no risks. His decision ended up paying off rather well — now his channel is its own self-sustaining job.
- Follow Your Gut: Don’t be afraid of standing out and being criticized for trying something different. Rober didn’t let anyone dissuade him from leaving his job at NASA to work on Digital Dudz. He chose to go with his gut and took the plunge.
- Build Connections: Don’t shy away from working with other people in the same industry as you. Rober didn’t let his ego or fear stop him from communicating and building an extensive network full of celebrities. He’s made videos with all sorts of people like Mr. Beast and Bill Gates.
The Unusual Stuff
- He set the Guinness World Record in 2021 for the “World’s Largest Nerf Gun.”
- He’s on friendly terms with American talk-show host Jimmy Kimmel.
- He makes all sorts of do-it-yourself projects like the glitter-bomb prank.
Answering Frequent Questions
What happened to Mark Rober?
He’s still uploading on his YouTube channel and has plans to co-host a show for the discovery channel with Jimmy Kimmel.
Why is Mark Rober so successful?
Rober is successful because he understands how storytelling can keep his audience captivated with his content, and he also knows how to network and collaborate with other creators.
How does Mark Rober make money?
He mostly earns through his YouTube channel. His work consists of science-related videos he enjoys making and editing himself.