What is Lisa Bonet’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$14 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Acting|
|Date of Birth||November 16, 1967|
|Height||5’2 / 157 cm|
|Place of Birth||San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Partner||Lenny Kravitz (m. 1987; div. 1993)|
Jason Momoa (m. 2017; sep. 2022)
The Usual Intro
Lisa Bonet is a 54-year-old American actress best known for playing Denise Huxtable on “The Cosby Show.” Her relationship and recent split with Aquaman star Jason Momoa are also major contributors to her fame. Bonet is a decorated actress with several accolades to her name. The 80s and 90s were the highlights of her career, and she lives a more private life today.
Before the Spotlight
Lisa Michelle Bonet was born in San Francisco, California, on November 16, 1967. Her Jewish mother worked as a schoolteacher, whereas her African American father was a moderately successful opera singer.
Bonet attended Birmingham High School in Los Angeles but decided not to continue with conventional education. She instead left for Hollywood and enrolled at the Celluloid Actor’s Studio, where she studied acting.
Bonet had developed a liking for TV media in her childhood. She began appearing in small-time commercials, made guest appearances on TV shows, and participated in beauty pageants.
The Journey to Success
Lisa’s first breakthrough in the media industry was at age 16 when she landed a major acting role on The Cosby Show. The 16-year-old’s performance as Denise Huxtable proved to be highly successful and brought her popularity and acclaim. Bonet moved to New York as a consequence of acquiring this role.
In 1987, she starred in the spin-off series, A Different World. Her character Denise had become so popular among Cosby viewers that the show’s producers decided to dedicate an entire series to her. However, she left after just one season. That same year, Lisa made her film debut as a supporting character in the movie “Angel Heart,” for which she won a Young Artist Award.
Bonet was fired from The Cosby Show in 1991 due to “creative differences” with co-star Bill Cosby, but she was well-established in the industry by this point. She continued to be a prominent TV personality and made multiple appearances in films and television shows throughout the 90s. Some of the projects she was a part of include “Enemy of the State,” “High Fidelity,” “Biker Boyz,” and “Life on Mars.”
Bonet took a nearly decade-long hiatus from her acting career starting in 2005. She returned to “Road to Paloma” in 2014. In the same year, she appeared with her future husband and celebrity actor, Jason Momoa, in the series “The Red Road.”
Along with her acting career, Bonet’s real estate portfolio also contributes to her immense wealth. After she broke up with her first husband, the duo sold their lavish house for a reported $7.5 million. She and her second husband, Jason Momoa, bought a $3.5 million property in Los Angeles shortly after their marriage.
The Best Moments
- Casted as Denise Huxtable in The Cosby Show at age 16
- Made her film debut in 1986 with the movie “Angel Heart”
- Started starring in A Different World in 1987
- Won the Best Young Female Superstar in Motion Picture Award for Angel Heart in 1988
The Private Side
Lisa Bonet met her first husband, Lenny Kravitz, at a concert in 1985. On Bonet’s 20th birthday, they decided to elope in Las Vegas and had a daughter the following year. The marriage ultimately failed as the two separated in 1993 on good terms.
In 2005, Bonet began seeing Jason Momoa. She gave birth to a son in 2007 and a daughter in 2008. They remained in a relationship before finally getting married in 2017. Unfortunately, her second marriage also failed. The recent announcement of their separation in January 2022 came as a shocker to many.
Lisa Bonet’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Lisa Bonet
Bonet is soft-spoken but intelligent. Here are a few of her most influential quotes and sayings:
- “What saddens me is the corruption of youth and beauty, and the loss of soul, which is only replaced by money.”
- “Success made me self-sufficient, but it also took away my anonymity. I’m just this quiet nobody, and all of a sudden people are nervous around me. That was kind of weird.”
- “Everyone has their story. Everyone has issues. You have to face your fears.”
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Here are some lessons we can learn from the affluent celebrity:
- Value your privacy. Bonet is one of the few celebrities who truly values her privacy and discloses little about her personal life to the public.
- Hone your craft. Bonet dedicated herself to acting since she was a child and perfected her craft throughout her teenage and adulthood.
- Stay on good terms with people. Even though Bonet has broken up with her partners, she remains on amiable and respectful terms with them.
- Move on. Bonet acknowledges her time at The Cosby Show as the highlight of her career, but, in her own words: “it is the past; I don’t really concentrate on it.”
The Unusual Stuff
Some interesting facts about Lisa Bonet you might not have known:
- Lisa Bonet had her legal name changed to Lilakoi Moon in the 90s.
- Bonet doesn’t own a TV at her place.
- She is still on good terms with Kravitz; they raised their daughter together.
- Bonet had to drop out of “A Different World” because of her pregnancy, as her character was not expecting.
Answering Frequent Questions
Where is Lisa Bonet now?
Bonet currently resides in Los Angeles.
What is Bonet’s source of income?
Bonet generates revenue through royalties, endorsements, and promotions.
Why did Bonet and Momoa split up?
The pair reportedly split up due to different priorities in life.
The Closing Remarks
Lisa Bonet has established herself in the industry by appearing as Denise on The Cosby Show. Unfortunately, she was at odds with the show’s creator, Bill Cosby, and was removed from the cast. Bonet remained an influential actress throughout her prime nonetheless. She’s recently been under the spotlight after announcing her divorce from Jason Momoa.