What is Lil Wayne’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$150 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapper|
|Date of Birth||27 September, 1982|
|Height||5’5 / 1.65 meters|
|Place of Birth||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States|
The Usual Intro
Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., famously known as Lil Wayne, is an American rapper who instantly gained fame in the early 21st century due to his hit albums, mixtapes, and singles, including “A Milli” and “Lollipop.” He is also the winner of the prestigious Grammy Awards.
He has won numerous awards, including the prestigious Grammy Award, and even broke the record of Elvis Presley for the most entries on the Billboard Top 100 Chart.
Being one of the best-selling artists in history allowed Lil Wayne to start his music label called “Young Money Entertainment.”
Before the Spotlight
Dwayne Carter Jr. was born on September 27, 1982, in New Orleans, Louisiana. His parents divorced when he was two years old, and his mother raised him in Hollygrove, one of the poorest towns in New Orleans.
Lil Wayne attempted suicide when he was 12 by shooting himself in the chest with a 9mm pistol. According to reports, it was in response to his mother’s disapproval of him becoming a rapper.
Dwayne started rapping at the age of two. He studied at the ‘Eleanor McMain Secondary School’ during his early years and went to ‘Marion Abramson Senior High School’ but dropped out at 14 to focus on practicing music.
The Journey to Success
Lil Wayne’s career began at 9 when Bryan and Slim Williams, the founders of Cash Money Records, discovered his skills. He soon became the youngest member of the label, joined by the duo B.G.’z and the rapper Lil’ Doogie.
In 1996, Lil Wayne joined the American hip-hop group Hot Boys with Young Turk, Juvenile, and Lil’ Doogie. Later that year, the group’s fame skyrocketed with the release of ‘Bling Bling’ and the platinum-selling album Guerilla Warfare.
In 1999, he released his first solo album, “Tha Black is Hot,” which went platinum in less than two months after its release, selling more than 1 million copies. The album peaked at No.3 on the Billboard 200. Other albums, including “Lights Out” and “500 Degreez,” were certified gold and significantly bolstered his recognition as a hip-hop artist.
Carter’s fourth album, “Tha Carter,” released by the Cash Money Records and Universal Records sold an astonishing 116,000 copies within its first week of release. It was also certified gold by the RIAA. The sequel to the his fourth album, “Tha Carter II” also produced spectacular results: it climbed to No.2 on the Billboard 200 album chart and sold 238,000 copies in its first week.
Wayne’s ground-breaking success comes from the album, “Tha Carter III.” This triple-platinum blockbuster netted 3 Grammy Awards and spawned his most famous songs of all time named “Lollipop.”
The Best Moments
- Lil Wayne has sold over 100 million records globally, making him an all-time best-selling artist.
- His sixth album ‘Tha Carter III’ sold over 1 million copies in the United States and won the Grammy Award for Best Rap Album.
- He currently serves as the CEO of his label, “Young Money Entertainment.”
- His album, “Guerilla Warfare,” made No.1 on the Billboard Hip-Hop Chart and No.5 on the Billboard 200.
The Private Side
Lil Wayne founded “One Family Foundation,” a charitable organization to reconstruct the athletic fields at his primary school.
He married his high school girlfriend, Toya Johnson, in 2004 after having a daughter with her in 1998. Lil Wayne was involved in multiple relationships throughout his life, fathering four children.
Lil Wayne’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Lil Wayne
Wayne has many influential quotes that embellish our lives. Let’s take a glance at some of his potent ones:
- “Love me or hate me, I swear it won’t make or break me”
- “I’m not an example for how people should live their lives. Never in my life would I ever set out to be an example for people on how to live their lives. If you need an example for how to live, then you just shouldn’t have been born. Straight up.”
- “I always believe that to be the best, you have to smell like the best, dress like the best, act like the best. When you throw your trash in the garbage can, it has to be better than anybody else who ever threw trash in the garbage can.”
The Social World
Lil Wayne’s stoned and rasped beats have been met with critical acclaim and helped him gather a large fan base. Here is a measure of his immense success in some statistical terms:
- Instagram: 15.4 Million followers.
- Youtube: 4.77 Million subscribers.
- Twitter: 34.9 Million followers.
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Lil Wayne stands as an exemplary figure for all. Here are some life lessons we can all adopt in our lives:
- Don’t hesitate to learn from somebody. Lil Wayne sought advice from rapper/producer Bryan Williams early in his career. Williams is still his mentor and has helped coach and set the road for some of his greatest triumphs.
- Hard Work. Did you know Lil Wayne’s career didn’t take off until his sixth solo album was released? It took nearly 12 years of hard labor, perfecting his artistic approach, and spending days in the studio before becoming one of the music industry’s biggest success stories!
- Help those who help you. Lil Wayne has mentored some of the best-selling up-and-coming artists in his genre after transforming into one of the most sought-after performers in the music industry. He guided many musicians and pushed them toward their goals.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some of the exciting facts about Lil Wayne that we bet you didnt know of:
- Lil Wayne was only 11 when he released his first album “True Story.”
- Lil Wayne’s first stage name was “Shrimp Daddy,” after the famous artist Pimp Daddy.
- He once pulled a cleaver on his mother’s second husband.
- He has recorded over 500 guest appearances on other artists’ albums.
Answering Frequent Questions
Did Lil Wayne suffer from health problems?
On his flight to Los Angeles in 2012, Lil Wayne had to make an emergency landing in Texas because of seizures and was immediately hospitalized. The next day, he had a second seizure attack and was again hospitalized on his flight back.
Was Lil Wayne ever arrested?
In 2007, Wayne was arrested by the NYPD for smoking marijuana near his tour bus.
Are Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne dating?
It was rumored that Nicki and Wayne were dating as thousands of users posted on the internet. However, both of them clarified that they are just friends and treat each other like siblings.
The Closing Remarks
With hard work and consistency, Lil Wayne has progressed into a million-unit-selling artist with over 120 million sales worldwide. He has secured a reputation as one of the best rappers in history. He has influenced millions of musicians worldwide with his dedication, mixtapes, multi-platinum ‘Tha Carter’ series of albums, and numerous guest appearances.