What is Lil Nas X’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$7 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapping, Singing|
|Date of Birth||April 9, 1999|
|Height||6’2 / 187 cm|
|Place of Birth||Lithia Springs, Georgia, U.S.|
|Partner||Yai Ariza – Boyfriend|
The Usual Intro
Lil Nas X is a 23-year-old American rap artist and singer. He is recognized internationally for his hit single “Old Town Road,” which has won him several prominent awards.
Lil Nas X is still relatively new in the world of music — he began his career in 2018. However, he has quickly become one of the most popular and influential LGBTQ+ rap artists worldwide.
Before the Spotlight
Lil Nas X, officially named Montero Lamar Hill, was born on April 9, 1999, in Lithia Springs, Georgia. At a mere six years of age, his parents divorced, leaving Hill with his mother. Three years later, he moved in with his father. Today, Hill has a good relationship with his father but is somewhat distant from his mother.
In his teenage years, Hill struggled with his sexuality – initially hoping it was just a phase that would soon pass over. It would take a few years for him to come to terms with his homosexuality.
Having no one to turn to in his teenage years, he started creating memes on the internet. Because of his young age, he was pop-culture savvy, and his memes were able to resonate with a large audience in his generation.
Nas studied at the local Lithia Springs High School. After graduating in 2017, he decided to pursue an undergraduate in computer science at the University of West Georgia. However, he dropped out in his second year to dedicate his efforts to making music.
The Journey to Success
Lil Nas X began his professional career with some minor jobs during his time in college and began producing music in 2018. His first official release was the mixtape “Nasarati”; however, it failed to garner attention and was later taken down because of some copyright issues.
December 3, 2018, was a significant turning point in Lil Nas X’s career – he released the iconic “Old Town Road,” seamlessly combining country and rap music into one track, something that had never been done before. Lil Nas X used his talent in meme creation to promote his music on social media, creating an estimated 100 memes in total.
Old Town Road debuted at No. 81 on the Billboard 100, but soon climbed to first place. It also topped the Hot 100 chart for a record 19 weeks. In April 2019, a remix featuring country-music icon Billy Ray Cyrus was released. Needless to say, the track was a huge commercial success.
In 2021, Lil Nas X released his debut album, “Montero,” which featured multiple chart-topping singles such as “MONTERO (Call Me by Your Name)” and “Industry Baby.”
Lil Nas X’s next album, “Late to da Party,” is currently in the works. Its lead single, which goes by the same name, was released in June 2022.
The Best Moments
- Released “Old Town Road” in 2018.
- Released his debut EP, “7,” in 2019.
- Released his debut album, Montero, in 2021.
- Won 2 Grammy Awards for his April 2019 Old Town Road remix.
The Private Side
In 2019, Lil Nas X came out as gay. During June, which is also recognized as pride month, he first confessed to his sister and father and then revealed his sexuality publicly. He expected harsh public backlash and received lots of online hate.
The rap and hip-hop communities have historically been intolerant of homosexuality. However, Lil Nas X has remained steadfast against the homophobia he’s been subject to in the last few years.
Not much is known about Lil Nas X’s dating history. Currently, it is speculated that he’s dating Yai Ariza, a professional dancer who also appeared in the official music video for “Industry Baby.”
Lil Nas X‘s Related YouTube Video
Lil Nas X Reveals His Relationship Status
Famous Quotes of Lil Nas X
Lil Nas X’s sudden rise to popularity has been remarkable. A significant factor in his success is his innovative and clever use of the internet to promote his releases.
- “I started using the Internet heavily right around the time when memes started to become their own form of entertainment. I started to get into every side of the Internet around 13-ish.”
- “I run a meme type of account on Twitter; I know what my audience is looking for.”
- “‘Take my horse to the old town road and ride till I can’t no more’ basically means just running away, and everything is just gone. The horse is metaphorical for not having anything or just the little things that you do have, and it’s with you.”
The Social World
Lil Nas X continues to post hilarious jokes and memes online. Going through his social media is a bizarre and entertaining experience.
Below are the links to his official accounts, along with the number of followers he has:
- Facebook: 3.8 million followers.
- Instagram: 12.5 million followers.
- Twitter: 7.8 million followers.
- TikTok: 28.3 million followers.
- YouTube: 18.5 million subscribers.
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Here are some success lessons we can learn from the award-winning celebrity-rapper:
- Use the internet. Lil Nas X is one of several young rappers who initially made a name for themselves through the internet. The internet is a powerful tool for those who know how to use it to their advantage.
- Come out. After struggling with his sexuality for several years, Lil Nas X finally embraced and revealed it to the world through his music in spectacular fashion.
- Be yourself. Lil Nas X’s relaxed, laid-back rapping style sets him apart from other rappers. Being yourself is enough – you’re unique.
- Innovate. Before Lil Nas X released Old Town Road, no one had thought country rap could ever be a thing.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some fun facts about Lil Nas X you might find weird or fascinating:
- Lil Nas X purchased the beat for “Old Town Road” from the Dutch producer “YoungKio” for a mere $30!
- Lil Nas X has two adopted dogs. He named them “Seven” and “Nine.”
- In 2019, Lil Nas X performed at a concert at his high school.
- Lil Nas X released a video game named “Twerk Hero” for mobile and PC.
Answering Frequent Questions
Where does the name “Lil Nas X” come from?
The ‘Nas’ in Lil Nas X comes from fellow American rapper “Nas,” who was a childhood influence for the young Hill. Here’s what Lil Nas X has to say about the ‘Lil’ in his name: “I had it just Lil Nas at first because every rapper has a ‘Lil’ in front of his name, and that’s funny to me. But then I got stuck with it because I already built a fan base at that point.”
What is the Yeehaw Challenge?
The Yeehaw Challenge is a trend on TikTok. A person records themselves drinking Yeehaw juice, after which they turn into a cowboy or cowgirl, all while Old Town Road is playing in the background.
Where is Lil Nas X now?
Lil Nas X currently resides in his luxurious $2.35 million home in Sherman Oak, Los Angeles.
The Closing Remarks
Lil Nas X has achieved great success in the recent past and shows no signs of slowing down any time soon. He is expected to go on his first tour, the Long Live Montero Tour, in September 2022. His fans eagerly await. He has also been popping up in the news lately because of his feud with the BET (Black Entertainment Television) Awards.
Featured image credit: DFree / Shutterstock.com