What is LeBron James’ Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$1 Billion|
|Source of Wealth||Basketball, Endorsements, Movies, TV Shows, Investments|
|Date of Birth||December 30, 1984|
|Height||6’8 / 2.06 meters|
|Place of Birth||Akron, Ohio, United States|
|Religion||Christian – Catholic|
The Usual Intro
LeBron James is an American professional basketball player and entrepreneur who plays for the Los Angels Lakers. He is also given the title of “King James” due to his tremendous skills and exceptional career achievements that make him one of the greatest basketball players of all time.
James gained mainstream popularity through his basketball career and is considered to be the highest-paid NBA player. He is one of only two basketball players to accumulate a 10-figure net worth.
Before the Spotlight
Lebron James was born in Akron, Ohio, on December 30, 1984 to Gloria Marie James and Anthony McClelland.
James had a rough childhood. His father was an ex-con, and her mother struggled to find work. They frequently changed apartments as the family was not financially strong. When James was 9 years old, his mother gave him away to Frank Walker, a local football coach. This was the beginning of his professional basketball career.
During his early years, he played in the Amateur Athletic Union for the North East Ohio Shooting Stars. James attended St. Vincent—St. Mary High School, a private catholic school.
The Journey to Success
LeBron James started to gain immense fame during his early high school years. He was declared ‘High SchoolPlayer of the Year’ 3-times while winning three Ohio Championships in his four years on the school team. His name appeared on the Sports Illustrated magazine cover, where he was titled as “The Chosen One.”
After storming his high school games, James skipped college and was selected as the first pick by Cleveland Cavaliers in the 2003 NBA draft. He became the youngest player to earn the title of “Rookie of the Year” with the consolidated averages of 20.9 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 5.9 assists per game in his first season.
LeBron signed with the Miami Heat on July 8, 2010, and continued to play there till 2014. Although, he lost to Dallas Maverick in the finals of his first season, he defeated Oklahoma Thunder with renewed vigor by 4 to 1. He had a whopping 28.6 points, 10.2 rebounds, and 7.4 assists. Later, he returned to the Cleveland Cavaliers and played for them from 2014 to 2018 and won a championship in 2016.
His first debut in the USA team was in the 2004 Olympic Games of Athens, where James won an Olympic Bronze Medal. He also won a Gold Medal in the 2007 FIBA Americas Championship in Las Vegas.
LeBron competed in the 2008 Beijing Olympics and brought home a Gold Medal. In 2012, he won his second consecutive gold medal in the London Olympics, cementing his career as one of the best basketball players in history.
The Best Moments
- Four-time winner of NBA MVP Awards, NBA Finals MVP, NBA Championships, and three All-Star MVP Awards.
- Set a new record in 2013 by being the Youngest and 38th NBA player to score 20,000 points, surpassing Kobe Bryant.
- James was the 5th NBA player to reach 32,000 points in 2019, and he surpassed Michal Jordan to become the 4th highest scorer in the NBA.
- Won two Gold Medals and one Bronze Medal with the USA team in all three Olympics games.
The Private Side
On 14th September 2013, LeBron James married his high school girlfriend, Savannah Brinson. They have three children together.
He bought a $9 Million mansion in Miami overlooking Biscayne Bay in Coconut Grove. Additionally, he purchased a $21 Million mansion in the Brentwood neighborhood in 2015.
Outside of his lucrative NBA career, James established a charity organization known as the ‘LeBron James Family Foundation.’ It supports children and single-parent families in need.
As a philanthropist, he actively supported the Boys & Girls Club of America, Children’s Defense Fund, and ONEXONE.
LeBron James Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of LeBron James
Here are some inspirational quotes from the basketball legend, LeBron James:
- “You can’t be afraid to fail. It’s the only way you succeed. You’re not gonna succeed all the time and I know that”
- “I think the reason why I’m the person who I am today is because I went through those tough times when I was younger.”
- “My game is really played above time. I don’t say that like I’m saying I’m ahead of my time.”
The Social World
LeBron James’ breakthrough skills in basketball and endorsement deals have gathered him a large fan base. Here is a measure of his fame in some statistical terms:
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
LeBron James’ legacy is full of inspiring stories and motivating lessons. Let’s take a look at some of the most significant ones:
- Be passionate about what you do. From the age of 9, LeBron developed a strong passion for basketball and inclined himself to be the best player in the sports. Passion drives you to push past the boundaries. So once you develop a passion for something, dedicate all your heart into being the best at it!
- Stay Optimistic. One of James’ most notable achievements is recovering from a 3-1 losing match against the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals. Even in the face of adversity, LeBron James displayed outstanding resilience and defeated the opposing team. Staying positive can tilt the balance in your favor.
- Take other’s exposure. Did you know that LeBron James took many pieces of advice from NBA legends to polish his basketball skills? Keeping an open mind and learning from others can be your stairway to success.
- Make sacrifices for the greater good. LeBron James skipped countless parties and turned down many opportunities to see his friends and family so he could get adequate sleep and focus on his career. While skipping outings with your friends may be difficult, the reward will be even greater.
The Unusual Stuff
- LeBron is Ambidextrous, which means he can shoot with both his left and right hand.
- He was the first Black Man to appear on the cover of Vogue magazine.
- His mother gifted him the a Hummer H2 on his 18th birthday.
- Before entering the NBA, LeBron James was a talented football player.
Answering Frequent Questions
How is LeBron James so healthy?
LeBron james mentioned during the reveal of his sneakers that, “I had no sugars, no dairy, I had no carbs.” He further stated that, “All I ate was meat, fish, veggies, and fruit. That’s it. For 67 straight days.”
Is LeBron James a vegan?
No. LeBron never made any official statement about animal rights. He usually does not eat red meat, but regularly consumes poultry and fish. He is not reported to eat a plant-based diet.
How many hours a day does LeBron James sleep?
LeBron sleeps for 12 hours each day. His teammates have often ridiculed James, saying that he’s either sleeping or playing basketball.
The Closing Remarks
LeBron James is successfully hitting one milestone after another. Even though he went through a rough patch in his childhood, he currently stands at a net worth of $1 Billion, officially becoming the first NBA player to hit the billion mark. Due to his devotion and focus, he was also able to carve his name as one of the best basketball players in history.