What is Kris Jenner’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$170 million|
|Source of Wealth||Reality TV Star, Businesswoman, Socialite|
|Date of Birth||November 5, 1955|
|Height||1.68 m (5’6”)|
|Place of Birth||San Diego, California, USA|
|Partner||Robert Kardashian (m. 1978; div. 1991)|
Bruce Jenner (m. 1991; div. 2015)
The Usual Intro
Kristen Mary Jenner is an American media personality, businesswoman, and outgoing socialite. She is the mother of the Kardashian and Jenner family from the hit reality TV show “Keeping Up With the Kardashians.” Her marriages to reputable men made her famous as they brought her into the media spotlight.
Acting as an advisory and manager for her daughters and sons, she has established herself as a successful businesswoman. She invented and trademarked the term “momager.” Kris is a major shareholder and co-founder of her children’s businesses, such as KKW Beauty and Kylie Cosmetics.
Before the Spotlight
Kristen Mary Jenner was born on November 5, 1955, in San Diego, California, USA. She is the first child born to Mary Jo Shannon, who ran a children’s clothing store, and engineer Robert True Houghton. At the age of 7, her parents divorced and she stayed with her mother. She and her sister Karen were raised by her mother alone until she remarried businessman Harry Shannon. Her brother Steven Shannon was born in this marriage.
The family moved to Oxnard, California, for a better future. Unfortunately, Shannon’s business partner fled with his company’s entire assets, which caused them to move back to San Diego. Jenner started working at her mother’s store, Shannon & Company. After graduating from Clairemont High School in 1973, she started her career as an air hostess in 1976.
The Journey to Success
In 2007, Deana Katz suggested the creation of a reality TV show to Kris Jenner upon visiting her eccentric family. Being intrigued, she proposed the idea to producer Ryan Seacrest. After filming a sample with his production company, Seacrest approved the project and named the show “Keeping Up with the Kardashians.”
The show revolved around the drama that ensued in a celebrity family’s personal lives. The show received widespread commercial success and is currently one of the longest-running reality TV shows in the United States. The series developed many spin-offs such as “Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami” and “Khloe & Lamar.”
Jenner managed her children’s career much before the airing of their TV show. Jenner owns a production company called Jenner Communications. In 2004, she launched a children’s boutique along with her daughter Kourtney, which ran for six years before closing. The family brand is involved with numerous clothing, fragrance, make-up, and other fashion-related enterprises, most of which are managed by Jenner.
Besides her multi-million dollar shares in several companies, Jenner is an established author whose debut book is an autobiography “Kris Jenner… and All Things Kardashian,” released in 2011. Following the memoir’s success, she released her cookbook in 2014. Countless fashion and lifestyle magazines, like Variety and The Hollywood Reporter, have featured Jenner on their cover as a role model.
Jenner is an optimal example of an accomplished businesswoman. She is currently an executive producer of the new Netflix show “The Kardashians,” which debuted in 2022.
The Best Moments
- Starred in popular reality TV show “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” (2007-2021)
- Opened children’s boutique “Smooch” (2004-2009)
- Wrote memoir/autobiography “Kris Jenner… and All Things Kardashian” (2011)
- Hosted daytime talk show “Kris” (2013)
- Released cookbook “In the Kitchen with Kris: A Kollection of Kardashian-Jenner Family Favorites” (2014)
The Private Side
Kris Jenner married celebrity lawyer Robert Kardashian in 1978. They have four children: Kourtney, Kim, Khloe, and Rob. Kardashian was widely recognized for being O.J. Simpson’s best friend and defense attorney at the time of his murder trial. Jenner was a close friend of O.J. Simpson’s late wife.
Kris and Robert divorced in 1991. However, they remained on good terms until Kardashian died of esophageal cancer in 2003. She confessed to having an extra-marital affair with Todd Waterman in her memoir.
Jenner remarried retired Olympic athlete Bruce Jenner a month after her divorce. In 2015, Bruce Jenner publicly came out as a transgender woman and changed her name to Caitlyn Jenner. They have two daughters, Kendall and Kylie. She also has four step-children from Caitlyn.
Jenner filed for divorce in 2014 due to irreconcilable differences. It was finalized in 2015. Jenner has been dating Corey Gamble since 2014.
When Jenner was 8, she was diagnosed with a cancerous bone tumor in her leg. Luckily, it didn’t metastasize and was successfully removed via surgery.
Jenner received a surgical face-lift and neck-lift for Kim Kardashian’s wedding in 2012. The same year, she established the California Community Church with Pastor Brad Johnson.
Kris Jenner’s Related YouTube Video
The Evolution of Kris Jenner | NowThis
Famous Quotes of Kris Jenner
- “There’s a lot of people that have great ideas and dreams and whatnot, but unless you’re willing to work really, really hard, and work for what you want, it’s never going to happen.”
- “It’s just one day at a time. I love multitasking and I’m really organized and when you have a certain work ethic, which all the girls have, we all have that same thing going on.”
- “A girl never knows when she might need a couple of diamonds at 10 o’clock in the morning.”
The Social World
Here are the social media statistics of Kris Jenner:
- Instagram: 49.3 million followers
- Twitter: 12.4 million followers
- Facebook: 9 million followers
- Tiktok: 3.1 million followers
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
- Multitasking. Jenner simultaneously manages her six children’s careers. She emphasizes the importance of organizations to multitask. Sometimes the comfort of following one route holds you back.
- Working for your dream. Jenner explains that working hard is essential to making your dreams come true. Lazing around won’t get you anywhere.
- Knowing your worth. Jenner handles her fame effectively and shows her self-confidence as a businesswoman. Realizing your worth boosts your self-esteem.
- Prioritizing your relationships. Although the Kardashians have petty disputes on their show, it is evident that Jenner has a good relationship with her family. The trust extends to their professional life as well.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some less-known facts about Kris Jenner’s life:
- She has the names of her two youngest daughters tattooed on her lower back.
- Jenner once made a workout video with Caitlyn to promote a treadmill.
- Jenner named Kendall Nicole Jenner after O.J. Simpson’s ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson.
- Jenner has a table full of non-disclosure agreements in her house to ensure people don’t expose the family’s personal affairs.
Answering Frequent Questions
Why did Kris Jenner keep her last name?
Although she divorced Caitlyn Jenner, she keeps the name in honor of her daughters, Kendall and Kylie. She did not want their careers to experience any negative side effects.
Where does Kris Jenner live?
She bought a $9.9 million mansion in Calabasas across from Kim and Kanye’s house in 2017. She sold that in 2020 and is currently living in another $20 million estate in Calabasas.
Did Kris Jenner have a miscarriage?
While talking about Kourtney’s fertility journey, Jenner shared how she had a miscarriage in 1994. She explained how it was a traumatic and depressing incident.
The Closing Remarks
Kristen Jenner’s intelligent business mindset and her acute marketing skills have brought her tremendous success in the shape of wealth, power, and recognition. She has the reputation of being the mastermind behind the famed Kardashians. Jenner is regarded as a prominent personality in the fashion industry as she is the founder of many fashion-related product lines.
Featured image credit: Tinseltown / Shutterstock.com