What is Kelly Clarkson’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$45 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Singer|
|Date of Birth||24 April 1982|
|Height||5’2 / 1.61 meters|
|Place of Birth||Fort Worth, Texas, United States|
The Usual Intro
Kelly Clarkson is an American songwriter, singer, and reality TV star who first rose to fame after winning American Idol in 2002. Her win not only shot her to stardom but also secured her a multi-album record deal with RCA Records.
Kelly is popularly known for her music career, which began after her grand success in American idol. She released many albums that frequently topped the US Billboard 200 chart. Her songs contain a broad theme of Kelly’s personal feelings. She won numerous prestigious awards for her outstanding singing skills as well.
Before the Spotlight
Kelly Brianne was born on April 24, 1982, in Fort Worth, Texas, USA. Her mother, Jeanne Ann, was a first-grade English teacher and her father, Stephen Michael Clarkson, was an engineer. She’s the youngest among her two siblings. Kelly was only six when her parents divorced and she grew up separately from her siblings.
Kelly studied at Pauline Hughes Middle School. When she was seven, she joined the choir and received her first exposure to singing. Later, she went to Burleson High School and participated in many musical and talent shows. Kelly was offered countless scholarships by top-tier universities, but she turned down all of them to solely pursue her passion for music.
The Journey to Success
Prior to making an appearance on American Idol, She recorded a demo with the money she earned by doing jobs. Kelly received contracts from Jive Records and Interscope Records, but she rejected both because she feared being stereotyped and commercialized.
In 2001, she flew to Los Angeles for broader opportunities and was given a minor role in the TV series Sabrina, The Teenage Witch, and Dharma & Greg. Although she recorded a 5-track demo reel with Gerry Goffin, she faced a big setback when most US recording studios were uninterested in working with her. They criticized her voice as “too black.”
The year 2002 was a breakthrough; Kelly was crowned the winner of the American Idol. She enthralled the audience not only with her bold, mature voice, but also with her down-to-earth charm and spectacular humor which won her a prize of $1 Million and a contract with RCA Records.
Only two weeks after her grand success, she debuted her first single, “A Moment Like This,” which instantly climbed to the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart. It became the hottest-selling single in the United States. The following year, she released the album “Thankful,” which was also widely praised by the public and was double platinum-certified by the RIAA.
Kelly hit another milestone in 2004. She hired new managers to give her songs a rock beat. Her Grammy-winning second album “Breakaway” sold a whopping 12 million copies worldwide and ascended to No. 3 on the Billboard 200 Album charts.
Her third album, “My December,” was even more rock-oriented than the preceding one. While the album was platinum-certified, it failed to sell more copies than her second album. Kelly quickly recovered from her failure by debuting the fourth album, “All I Ever Wanted,” which sold over a million copies in the US and remained No. 1 on the Billboard 200 for two weeks.
Kelly adopted a country genre in “Don’t You Wanna Stay,” a duet with Jason Alden. It was a huge success that encouraged her to release the fifth album “Stronger.” Once again, Kelly was awarded a Grammy for Best Pop Vocal Album, making her the first-ever artist to win the award twice.
The Best Moments
- Kelly won 4 American Music Awards, 3 MTV Video Music Awards, and 6 Teen Choice Awards.
- “A Moment Like This” broke The Beatles’ 38-year-old record for the biggest jump to number 1 on the Billboard hot 100 charts.
- She was nominated 13 times for the Grammy Awards, winning a total of 3.
- The “Heartbeat song” was listed under the top ten hits in the UK and reached No. 21 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
The Private Side
Kelly married her nine-month-long fiancé Brandon Blackstock in 2013. They welcomed their daughter, River Rose, in 2014 and a son, Remington Alexander, in 2016. Four years after their marriage, Clarkson filed for divorce and by 2021, they both parted ways.
Kelly actively participates in philanthropic work. In 2007, she participated in “Idol Gives Back” and donated funds to help battle poverty in Africa and the US. She also took part in the organization “Houses of Hope,” which built orphanages for South African children affected by AIDS.
In addition, she also supported the organization “Opportunity Education Foundation” to help educate children around the world. Kelly is also a keen supporter of charities like UNICEF, STOMP Out Bullying, and Save the Children.
Kelly Clarkson’s Related YouTube Video
Kelly Clarkson Interview on The Graham Norton Show
Famous Quotes of Kelly Clarkson
Kelly Clarkson has many influential quotes that embellish our lives. Let’s take a glimpse into some of the potent ones:
- “I’m not super conservative, and I have no problem with people being risque or owning your sexuality or even putting it out there. I have a problem when it’s all you are because you’re not being fair to yourself; you have more depth than this.”
- “I am just like my mother. She raised me to love and take care of animals, especially the ones that need it the most and so I started Eddie’s Rescue Ranch. We take in animals that need extra care and attention and the animals that get left behind.”
- “The question I love to get asked is: ‘What’s the hardest part of your job?’ And literally, the answer is probably really sad, but it’s to just to be me. Like, it’s really hard, because I think people, you know, have a set idea of what a pop star should be.”
The Social World
Kelly Clarkson’s songs broke into Billboard several times. Her singing prowess and individuality have been greatly applauded by the people and have gathered her a huge fan base.
Here is a measure of her immense fame in some statistical terms:
- Instagram: 6M Followers
- Twitter: 12.1M Followers
- Facebook: 14M Followers
- YouTube: 1.97M subscribers
- Tiktok: 246.1KFollowers
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Kelly has been a bold figure. Here are some of the important success lessons that we can all adapt into our lives:
- Risks can be your destiny. Growing up in Texas, Kelly was openly looking out for more opportunities to solidify her music career. She took the risk of leaving everything out and flew to Dallas to audition for American Idol, which changed the trajectory of her life.
- Optimism is the key. Kelly’s career was bombarded with many setbacks and heart-breaking disappointments. Almost all the US recording studios rejected her. This did not stop the talented Kelly, who continued to seek more opportunities and eventually got crowned the winner of American Idol.
- Fight rather than sit back. Did you know Kelly delivered a very strong message in her song “Stronger.” Pretty ironic, right? She gave a special message to her listeners that challenges will frequently try to break you down. Stay persistent and battle those challenges head-on.
The Unusual Stuff
Following are some interesting facts about Kelly that we bet you did not know of:
- Kelly worked as a cocktail waitress at a few comedy clubs around Texas.
- In American Idol’s last season, Kelly moved the judge Keith Urban with her emotional “Piece by Piece” song.
- She is licensed to carry a concealed handgun.
- She has written many books for children, like Magical Lullaby and River Rose.
Answering Frequent Questions
Why is Kelly Clarkson leaving The Voice?
Following an eight-season run, Kelly is exiting her role as a judge and coach to spend more time with her kids.
Why did Kelly Clarkson want to change her name?
When the American Song Contest premiered in Los Angeles, the former American Idol said on the red carpet, “I just got divorced, so I had to drop my married last name.”
Is The Kelly Clarkson Show replacing Ellen DeGeneres?
Ellen announced that her show would end after its 19th season on US TV. The Kelly Clarkson Show will take over Ellen’s show by the end of 2022.
The Closing Remarks
Kelly is an all-around entertainer known for her bold and euphonious voice. Her warm, multi-octave vocals deliver a profound, powerful message that has earned her multiple awards in the music industry while also frequently certifying her songs platinum.
Featured image credit: Jamie Lamor Thompson / Shutterstock.com