What is Impractical Jokers’ net worth?
|Net Worth||$20 Million|
|Source of Wealth||TV Show|
|Date of Birth||Brian – March 14, 1976 |
James – May 1, 1976
Sal – November 6, 1976
Joe – June 5, 1976
|Height||Brain – 5’10 / 179cm |
James – 5’11 / 180 cm
Sal – 5’10 / 177 cm
Joe – 5’10/ 178 cm
|Place of Birth||New York City, U.S|
|Star Sign||Brian – Pisces |
James – Taurus
Sal – Scorpio
Joe – Gemini
|Marital Status||Brian – Single |
James – Melyssa Davies (m. 2020)
Sal – Single
Joe – Bessy Hagar (div. 2021)
The Usual Intro
Impractical Jokers is an American reality TV show that has been airing since 2011. The show is best recognized for its iconic dares and challenges, embarrassing punishments, awkward social interactions with unknowing members of the public, and cringe-worthy humor.
The show was hosted by the four ‘jokers’: James Murray, Brian Quinn, Sal Vulcano, and Joe Gatto from till season 8. Joe Gatto left the group in January 2022. Its Season 9 is currently airing.
Before the Spotlight
The cast of the Impractical Jokers, officially known as the Tenderloin group, were classmates at the Monsignor Farell High School in New York.
They used to prank each other even back then, intending to one-up each other in putting the victim of the prank in an embarrassing situation. Their pranks would eventually serve as the inspiration for the Impractical Jokers TV show.
The Journey to Success
Three of the four friends formed the comedy group, The Tenderloins, in 1999. Brain Quinn joined the group in 2006. They won $100,000 in prize money in 2017 after winning a comedy competition.
They used this money in direct pursuit of their ambitions as a comedy group. The Impractical Jokers TV show first aired in 2011. In the show, one of the cast members has to complete a challenge while following the other three’s instructions delivered to him via a secretive earpiece. The instructions provided to the joker currently undergoing the challenge typically involve them doing something that would be embarrassing or humiliating. If a joker fails to complete their challenge, they get a thumbs down. The joker with the most thumbs down at the end of an episode has to suffer through a ‘punishment.’
These punishments have historically been more extreme than the regular challenges and make for some interesting content. Seeing the losing joker going through an embarrassing or frightening situation evidently does great at getting a laugh out of the viewing audience. The show describes itself as: “scenes of graphic stupidity among four lifelong friends who compete to embarrass each other.”
One of the key factors that caused the show to receive widespread success was the lack of a script. The challenge was planned out, of course, but beyond that, everything that happened on screen was genuine. The challenges or pranks were carried out in public, and the bystanders had no clue what was going on.
The show has seen great commercial success and is a comedy favorite in households worldwide. Its popularity led to the creation of several spinoffs and international versions, all of which can be considered successful in their own right. It continues to air today, with season 9 nearing its conclusion. Plans for season 10 have not yet been revealed, but with Joe Gatto gone, fans of the show wonder what the remaining three jokers have in store for them.
The Best Moments
- Won $100,000 in the ‘It’s Your Show’ competition in 2007.
- Released the first episode of Impractical Jokers on December 15, 2011.
- Released the Impractical Jokers movie on February 21, 2020.
- Joe Gatto left the group in January 2022.
The Private Side
Brian Quinn served as a firefighter for some time before joining in 2006. He frequently donates to his former fire station, having reportedly donated over $50,000.
The 100th show of Impractical Jokers involved significant donations to different charities. The Jokers have mentioned that being recognized in public is becoming an increasing problem as it leaves them unable to successfully pull off a prank/challenge.
The public’s unscripted reaction to the jokers’ goofy antics is the foundation of the comedic element in the show.
Impractical Jokers Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Impractical Jokers
Impractical Jokers have remained one of the world’s most popular comedy groups. Here are some of their best quotes and sayings:
- “For us, I think the hard thing was finding the right format for what we do. We are organically best friends, you know. We’ve been doing this kind of ’embarrassment’ humor all our lives and so when we created the format for the Jokers show… it just shows off our friendship in a really nice way.” – James Murray
- “Everything is real. It is one of our golden rules for the show. We won’t do it otherwise because the show is built around real reaction, ours included.” – Sal Vulcano
- “In the back of an ambulance in 1995, I watched my father pass from this world to another, my look was very similar to this guy right here.” – Joe Gatto
The Social World
The Impractical Jokers are active on social media. Here are the links to the group’s official accounts and the number of followers on each one:
- TikTok: 2.6 million followers.
- Instagram: 1.8 million followers.
- Twitter: 900.9 thousand followers.
- Facebook: 4.8 million followers.
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Impractical Jokers have seen a great public response since their inception. Here are some of the success lessons we can learn from them:
- Being genuine. As Sal said, the show is built around original reactions. This keeps the show interesting and unique.
- Having a positive attitude. The Jokers show us how not taking things too seriously can lead to cheerful, laughter-filled events.
- Being confident. It takes a great deal of confidence to do what the jokers do. A high degree of improvisation is involved in most episodes.
- Social interactions. The jokers show us how to turn around awkward social interactions and uncomfortable scenarios into interesting conversations.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some fun facts about Impractical Jokers:
- The group initially intended to name the show “Mission: Uncomfortable.”
- James Murray is a dedicated author. His latest writing, “Alien Summer #1,” was published on March 15, 2022.
- A woman once slapped Sal Vulcano after he called her baby ugly as a part of a challenge.
- James Murray married Sal’s sister, Jenna Vulcano, in 2014 as Sal’s punishment for losing a challenge. The marriage was annulled the very next day, though.
Answering Frequent Questions
Why did Joe Gatto leave Impractical Jokers?
Joe wanted to take a break to focus on his role as a father after separating from his wife, Bessy Gatto.
Which joker has lost the most challenges?
Sal Vulcano has lost 75 challenges, the most out of the four hosts throughout the seasons.
Who is Larry?
Joe Gatto was often heard yelling ‘Larry’ during challenges, especially in the show’s earlier seasons. Larry Crisci is a crew member who left after season 1. In 2016, he sued for $500,000 for the nonconsensual use of his name.
The Closing Remarks
Impractical Jokers has gained recent traction on social media because of the departure of one of the four jokers, Joe Gatto. The remaining three jokers have decided to continue by hosting celebrities and comedians in place of the fourth joker through season 9.
Impractical Jokers remains a unique and iconic reality comedy show today; people love it for its over-the-top humor.
Featured image credit: lev radin / Shutterstock.com