What is Hulk Hogan’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$25 million|
|Source of Wealth||Musician / Wrestler / Actor|
|Date of Birth||August 11, 1952|
|Height||6’7 / 201 cm|
|Place of Birth||Augusta, Georgia|
|Partner||Jennifer McDaniel (div. 2021)|
The Usual Intro
Terry Eugene Bollea, famously known by his ring name Hulk Hogan, is a professional wrestler, actor, and reality television star. He is best known for his wrestling career in WWE. Hogan was at the peak of his career in the ‘80s and ‘90s. Using his fame, he branched out to other business ventures, including owning several restaurants and hosting his reality television show.
His net worth took a significant hit after his first divorce in 2009. However, in recent years he has financially recovered. To this day, Hogan is a hero in the eyes of many wrestling fans.
Before the Spotlight
Terry Eugene Bollea was born in Augusta, Georgia, on September 11, 1953. He belongs to an Italian, French, and Scottish ethnicity. His father, Pietro ‘Peter’ Bollea, was a construction foreman, whereas his mother, Ruth V, was a homemaker and a dance teacher.
When Terry was one year old, his family relocated to Port Tampa, Florida. From a young age, he loved playing baseball and attracted scouts like the New York Yankees and Cincinnati Reds. However, an injury ended his baseball career. Hogan also loved playing music and spent nearly a decade playing bass guitar. He dropped out of college to play for the band “Ruckus.”
Terry started to gain attention from a massive crowd in the Tampa Bay Region. Among the audience were Jack and Gerald Bisco, a duo of famous wrestling brothers. Impressed by his physique and height, they asked their coach to train Terry. In 1976, they requested Terry to become a wrestler, which he accepted and became a trainee.
The Journey to Success
Hulk Hogan gained prominence when he debuted as a wrestler in WWE. As a newbie, he still used his name Bollea. In 1977, he changed his name to “The Super Destroyer” and adopted a masked appearance. After he was compared to Marvel’s Hulk by a local TV host, he decided to embrace the name and officially change it to “Hulk Hogan.”
In the beginning of his career, Hogan won multiple matches. His win against Andre the Giant brought him great fame and a massive fan following. The following year, he went to Japan to wrestle. He was given the nickname “Ichiban” (meaning No.1). Hulk Hogan reached the peak of his career in the ‘80s and ‘90s. He would get up to 30 to 40 million people to sign up for pay-per-view events like Wrestlemania. Hogan abruptly left WWF in 1982 for a movie role in Rocky III (from which he pocketed a cool $15,000).
In 1983, Hogan’s returned to WWE after McMohan’s son (CEO of WWE) took the company under control. He wanted Hogan to be the leading charismatic character of the company.
In the ‘80s and ‘90s, Hogan used his fame to enter Hollywood as an action star. He made his debut in the movie “Rocky III” in 1982, which brought him great recognition. Other films he starred in include “No Holds Barred” and “Suburban Commando.” Later in the early 2000s, he jumped on the trend and hosted his celebrity TV show “Hogan Knows Best.”
Hogan ventured into other businesses and opened his restaurant, “Pastamania,” in 1995. The restaurant would sell his signature pasta, but was closed down after a year. In 2006, he came up with his energy drink “Hogan Energy” and frozen cheeseburger “Hulkster Burgers” that were a hot-selling item in superstores.
Six years later, he opened another restaurant, “Hogan’s Beach” in Tampa. Unfortunately, the business shut down after the partnership dissolved. Upon this, Hogan opened another restaurant, “Hogan’s Hangout,” in Clearwater Beach.
The Best Moments
- Won Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Male Athlete.
- Became the Inspirational Wrestler of the Year in 1993 and 1999.
- He won his first WWF Heavyweight Title in 1984.
The Private Side
In December 1983, Hogan married Linda Claridge. They were blessed with two children. After rumors spread of Hogan’s affair, his wife filed for a divorce in 2007. Hogan’s net worth took a significant hit after his divorce, and he lost approximately 70% of his wealth. Fortunately, he recovered most of it in the later years.
In 2010, Hulk Hogan married Jennifer McDaniel. However, the couple ended up getting divorced in 2021.
Hulk Hogan‘s Related YouTube Video
The Howard Stern Show – Hulk Hogan & Family Interview (2006-10-23)
Famous Quotes of Hulk Hogan
- “I fear no man, no beast or evil, brother.”
- “God created the Heavens, he created the earth! He created all the Hulkamaniacs! Then, he created a set of 24-inch pythons, brother!”
- “I’m the man that made wrestling famous.”
- “Gotta change with the times, man.”
- “I woke up and realized life is great and people are awesome and life is worth living.”
The Social World
- Instagram: 1.8 Million Followers
- Facebook: 7.7 Million Followers
- Twitter: 2.2 Million Followers
- YouTube: 12.9K Followers
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
- Never Give Up. After getting divorced, Hogan was on the verge of getting bankrupt. However, he didn’t give up. Hogan ventured into other businesses and worked hard to stand back on his feet. In recent years, he has recovered financially and is on the list of the top wealthiest wrestlers.
- Persistency. Hogan has been in the wrestling industry for quite a while. However, he is also one of the wealthiest ones. As he was passionate about wrestling, he dedicated years of practice to become the amazing wrestler he is today.
- Venture into other businesses. Hogan ventured into other businesses along with wrestling, including becoming a mainstream Hollywood action star. He also opened several restaurants and even launched an energy drink and frozen cheeseburger.
- Follow your Passion. As a young boy, Hogan was athletic. He used to spend most of his time developing his skills. Despite an injury that ended his baseball career, he pursued wrestling and followed his most potent competencies.
The Unusual Stuff
- Hogan weighed 295 pounds and had 24-inch biceps.
- He broke his leg on the first day of wrestling practice.
- At the beginning of his career, his parents disapproved of his wrestling career.
- He knocked Richard Belzer unconscious on live TV.
- After his divorce with his first wife, he was on the verge of committing suicide.
Answering Frequent Questions
What businesses does Hulk Hogan own?
Hulk Hogan owns a restaurant, “Hogan’s Hangout,” in Clearwater Beach, Florida.
How big is Hulk Hogan?
Hulk Hogan has a height of 6 ‘7 and weighs approximately 300 Ibs, although he is not considered a big person.
How many matches did Hulk Hogan win in PPV (Pay Per View)?
Hulk Hogan has won 55 PPV and lost 30 along with 4 draws.
The Closing Remarks
Being just 2 inches away from having the biggest biceps in the world, Hogan continues to take the internet by storm. Like other wrestling legends such as John Cena and The Rock, Hogan made most of his earnings through professional wrestling. However, Hogan didn’t stop there. He made several brand endorsement deals and owned a couple of restaurants. As of today, he has a net worth of $25 million.