What is Grant Cardone’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$2.6 Billion|
|Source of Wealth||Real Estate, Businessman, Author, Speaker|
|Date of Birth||March 21, 1958|
|Height||5’9 / 175 cm|
|Place of Birth||Lake Charles, Louisiana|
|Marital Status||Elene Lyons (m. 2004)|
The Usual Intro
Grant Cardone is a renowned real estate tycoon, entrepreneur, investor, and motivational speaker. He is the author of a best-selling book “The 10X Rule” and offers training programs and coaching services in the fields of business, investment, finance, sales, and marketing.
Additionally, his “10X Growth Conference” is known to be among the largest and most successful entrepreneurship conferences today. His services have reportedly been utilized by Fortune 500 companies such as Google, Toyota, Ford, General Motors, and more.
Before the Spotlight
Grant Cordone was born on March 21, 1958, in Lake Charles, Louisiana. He has a twin brother, Gary, and three other siblings. Grant Cardone also grew up to be an entrepreneur by profession, although he hasn’t acquired the same celebrity status as Grant. As a child, Cardone made frequent visits to real estate properties with his father, which likely inspired him to develop his own real-estate portfolio later in life.
Cardone’s father passed away when he was 10. After spending his childhood and teenage in distress, Cardone started doing drugs at age 16 and became a hardcore addict by the age of 25, when he decided to admit himself into rehab. Cardone has referenced his drug addiction numerous times in his speeches.
Cardone studied at the LaGrange High School in Lake Charles and then at McNeese State University. In 1981, he graduated from college with an undergraduate degree in accounting and a $40,000 student loan debt. Following his graduation, Cardone struggled to find a job for a short period of time, while his drug addiction only got worse.
The Journey to Success
Cardone started his career as a car salesman. While he had a naturally charming personality, he never really loved his job. In rehab, Cardone realized that while he didn’t enjoy working, he hated being broke even more. After a successful recovery from his crippling drug addiction, he dedicated all efforts to turning his life around.
Cardone saw the potential for improvement at his current job. He considered the traditional sales process to be inefficient and attempted to improve it. Owing to his inherent genius, he became a business advisor and consultant for automobile companies, which paid well and allowed him to save up a sizable sum of money. Cardone started investing heavily in real estate in his mid to late twenties.
Fortunately for Cardone, his investments in real estate bore fruit, and his future started looking bright when he bought his first property, a single-family house, at age 29. Real estate brought Cardone extraordinary returns on investment, which he then reinvested by purchasing even more property. He purchased two multi-family complexes in San Diego only five years after he began in real estate.
From there on, things only went uphill for Cardone. In 1996, he started his own real estate company, Cardone Capital. By 2012, Cardone Capital had established itself as one of the most successful real estate companies in Florida.
Today, Cardone owns numerous real estate businesses. According to his website, his real estate portfolio boasts an impressive value of $5 billion.
In addition to his multibillion-dollar real estate portfolio, Cardone is hailed as an authority on entrepreneurship and all things finance. His reputable personal brand allows him to charge hefty sums of money for speaking at public events. Cardone is a best-selling author and is known for developing the iconic “10X Rule.
The Best Moments
- Cardone bough his first property at age 29.
- In 2016, he made the seventh spot on Richtopia’s global list of 500 most influential CEOs in the world.
- Forbes magazine named him the #1 marketer to watch in 2017.
- In January 2022, he brought a $40 million mansion in Malibu, California.
The Private Side
Cardone married Spanish-born American actress Elena Lyons in 2004. The pair had their first daughter, Sabrina, in 2009 and their second daughter, Scarlett, in 2011.
While he was born to a Catholic family, he developed beliefs in Scientology as he grew up. He credits Scientology for increasing his confidence and improving his ability to speak in front of a large audience.
Cardone expressed in one of his books that he had ambitions of extreme wealth since his childhood. Having achieved this dream in his thirties, Cardone now lives a life of luxury with his wife and two children in Miami, Florida.
Grant Cardone’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Grant Cardone
Here are some motivational and inspirational quotes from Grant Cardone:
- “Taking massive action means making somewhat unreasonable choices and then following these up with even more action. This level of action will be considered by some to be borderline insane, well beyond the agreed-upon social norm—and will always create new problems. But remember: If you don’t create new problems, then you’re not taking enough action.”
- “Think big. There’s no reason to think small.”
- “Show up early, treat people with respect, and perform at the highest levels till the world can’t deny you.”
The Social World
Grant Cardone has amassed a large following on social media. Here are the links to his official accounts, along with the number of followers on each one:
- YouTube: 2.12 million subscribers.
- Instagram: 3.8 million followers.
- Twitter: 578.9 thousand followers.
- Facebook: 6.7 million followers.
- TikTok: 1.4 million followers.
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Here are some lessons we can learn from Grant Cardone’s exemplary career, best-selling writings, and motivational speeches:
- Managing finances. Cardone goes into great detail on this topic in his speeches and writings.
- Selling and marketing. Cardone’s programs and courses have established themselves as some of the best ones out there.
- Turning your life around. Within five years of his release from rehab, Cardoni became a millionaire.
- Investing in real estate. Cardone’s career showcases the excellent potential for high returns on real estate investments.
The Unusual Stuff
Some interesting facts about Grant Cardone you might not have known before:
- Cardone reportedly overdosed thrice from ages 16 to 25, at which point he was admitted into rehab.
- Cardone started studying real estate when he was 15. As a child, he would tour real estate properties with his father.
- Cardone claims that his real estate company, Cardone Capital, owns $2.7 billion worth of apartment buildings in the U.S.
- Cardone is a New York Time’s best-selling author. He also has a blog and a podcast, both of which can be found on his official website.
Answering Frequent Questions
Did Grant Cardone get robbed?
Cardone was robbed, pistol-whipped, and beaten by a drug dealer at age 23. This traumatic event left him with severe facial injuries and saw him hospitalized. This incident ended up being a prime motivator for Cardone to change his life for the better.
What is the 10X Movement?
The 10X Movement, inspired by Cardone’s book, “The 10X Rule”, suggests you should aim ten times higher than you hope to achieve.
Does Cardone have a jet?
Cardone has a $60 million Gulfstream G650ER Jet, which he purchased in 2020.
The Closing Remarks
Cardone is an American businessman, investor, author, and motivational speaker. He lost his father at age ten and struggled with drug abuse from age 16-to 25 before getting help.
He then dedicated himself to work. His early interest and investments in real estate would become a stepping stone to success. Today Cardone is praised not only as one of the most successful real estate investors in the world, but also as someone who fought a fierce battle against a debilitating drug addiction and came out on top.
Featured image credit: s_bukley / Shutterstock.com