What is Future’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$40 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Professional Rapping, Song Writing|
|Date of Birth||November 20, 1983|
|Height||1.88 m (6’2”)|
|Place of Birth||Atlanta, Georgia, USA|
The Usual Intro
Future is an American rapper, songwriter, and one of the pioneers of mumble rap. His unique rapping style stems from integrating lyrics with modern trap music. He is widely considered as a legend in the hip-hop community and is currently one of the leading hip-hop artists in the world.
Through his countless hit albums and tracks, Future revolutionized the trap music style. His breakthrough album “DS2” played an important role in his fame. Today, Future has numerous accolades to his name, several certified platinum and diamond tracks, and a massive fanbase.
Before the Spotlight
Nayvadius DeMun Wilburn was born on November 20. 1983, in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. After graduating from Columbia High School in Decatur, Future joined a musical collective called “The Dungeon Family.” He was dubbed “The Future” and uses it as his stage name till date.
Future credits his cousin Rico Wade for motivating him to pursue rapping. He considers Wade the “mastermind” behind his music style. After showing great promise as an artist, Future was signed to Rocko’s label, A1 Recordings.
He recorded multiple mixtapes with the label — his fame skyrocketed after his tracks were played in Magic City, a strip club known for kickstarting the careers of new artists.
The Journey to Success
In 2011, Future signed the most crucial label contract of his life with Epic Records. After releasing a few mixtapes, he released his debut studio album “Pluto,” featuring a variety of prominent artists like Drake and R. Kelly. “Magic” was his first track that ranked on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. His second album “Future Hendrix,” later renamed “Honest,” featured artists like Kanye West and Rihanna.
Following the release of “DS2” and the collaborative album “What a Time to Be Alive,” Future became the first rapper in 11 years to have two chart-topping albums. In 2016, he became the fastest artist to have three chart-topping albums after releasing “EVOL.”
Future released more top-ten albums and worked with multiple famous artists like Kendrick Lamar, Ed Sheeran, and Taylor Swift. Among his accolades, Future added a Grammy Award to his collection in 2019. Future’s track “Life Is Good” is his first RIAA diamond-certified track, released in 2020. His most recent studio album is “I Never Liked You.”
The Best Moments
- Record labels A1 Recordings (2010) and Epic Records (2011)
- Debut album “Pluto” (2012)
- 4 BET and BET Hip Hop Awards
- Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance (2019)
- Most successful track “Life Is Good” (2020)
The Private Side
Future has an extremely active dating life and almost seven to eight children with multiple women. The known mothers of his children are Brittni Mealy, India J, Jessica Smith, Joie Chavis, and Ciara. In 2014, Future was engaged to Ciara but split up due to infidelity. He is currently dating Dess Dior.
Future faced legal action from Jessica Smith and Ciara. While Smith sued him for failure to pay child support, Ciara sued him for defamation and slander over a thread of insulting tweets Future posted about her.
Two women from Texas and Florida filed paternity lawsuits claiming he was the biological father of their children. Reports state that Future refused a DNA test. One of those women, Cindy Parker, reached a settlement with Future. Eliza Seraphine is currently taking the case to court.
Future‘s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Future
- “Don’t ask for a million dollars. Ask for the stuff that’ll get you a million dollars – your health, your brain, your sanity, wisdom. Prepare me for when I do get that million. Make sure I don’t go crazy, make sure I help my family.”
- “Every mistake you make allows you to be honest because what’s in the dark will come to light, so it’s better to be truthful about it.”
- “I ain’t giving up on myself, so if you give up on me, I ain’t got nothing else to say for you.”
The Social World
Here are the social media statistics of Future:
- Instagram: 21.2 million followers
- Twitter: 7.4 million followers
- Facebook: 10 million followers
- YouTube: 12.1 million subscribers
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
- Own up to your mistakes. Future is a firm believer that mistakes make you wiser, and taking responsibility for them makes you stronger. Learning from your mistakes is essential to ensure you never repeat them.
- Never give up. Once Future realized his goal, he never looked back and did his best to reach it. He talks about getting past people’s expectations, especially those that don’t believe in you.
- Be Honest. Future explains how being dishonest is guaranteed to ruin your dignity and respect. Facing hard truths head on prevents any difficult circumstances later in life. The more you hide something, the harder it bites back once exposed.
- Be Yourself. In the vast hip-hop community, Future stayed true to his unique musical style and always did what he loved. Societal pressure and expectations will always hold you back from your true potential. It is necessary to put your ideals above everyone else’s beliefs.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some interesting facts that you might not know about Future:
- Before his nickname was Future, he was known as “Meathead Of Da Connect.”
- Future suffered from a gunshot on his right hand when he was 14 or 15.
- Future is a fan of Shakespeare and enjoys reading and writing poetry.
- During his childhood, Future learned the lyrics to all of Too $hort’s songs.
Answering Frequent Questions
Is Future’s real name Hendrix?
No, his real name is Nayvadius DeMun Wilburn. He calls himself Future Hendrix after Jimi Hendrix.
Who raised Future?
When his father left, he was raised by his mother, aunts, and uncles.
Who is Future’s mother?
Her name is Stephanie Jester. She worked as a 911 operator. Currently, she is the COO of Freebandz Global Music.
The Closing Remarks
Future’s career started on a whim but reached unimaginable heights of success. Being able to influence one of the most popular music genres is a massive achievement. Future’s decorated career is no surprise, as his dedication to music is evident from his relentless efforts to release better music.
Featured image credit: stock_photo_world / Shutterstock.com