What is Funny Mike’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$3 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Endorsements, YouTube, TV Shows, Rapper|
|Date of Birth||October 8, 1996|
|Height||5’11 / 1.81m|
|Place of Birth||Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States|
The Usual Intro
MacArthur Johnson, better known by his stage name FunnyMike, is a multi-talented American comedian known for his impressive rapping, pranking, and vlogging skills.
FunnyMike goes by names like Young 22 and 22 Savage in the hip hop industry. Some of his notable songs include “Jumpin” and “Mama Whooped My Ass.” He also took the internet by storm with his awe-inspiring acting skills. He made his first on-screen debut in the 2019 movie “I Got Kicked Out Of My Mansion.”
FunnyMike shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. His YouTube endeavor also proved to be a lucrative journey, generating millions of views.
Before the Spotlight
MacArthur Johnson was born on October 8, 1996, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to Arthur Bradford and Denise Jones. He has one younger brother named “Wings.”
Funny Mike went to Tara Highschool. He garnered a strong love for comedy videos and aspired to be a comedian. After graduating in 2017, he began releasing short comedy clips on the Vine app, which was trending back then.
The Journey to Success
Johnson kicked off his multi-millionaire career by first becoming a social media comedian. After gaining recognition through Vine, he started making YouTube content in 2017. His first video, titled “RUNIK IS FIGHTING CANCER,” instantly garnered 2 million views. His later videos included pranking, making celebrity impressions, and memes. His grand success inspired him to open two more YouTube channels under the name “Kiddy Town Videos for Kids” and “FunnyMike Skits,” which have 100k and 1.5 million subscribers, respectively.
Funny Mike founded many avenues to success; he was an aspiring rapper and released his first single titled “Hit That Bit for the Gram” in 2014. Funny Mike gained mainstream success when he adopted the name “22 Savage” from one of the most sought-after rappers named “21 Savage.” He mimicked 21 Savage’s appearance and music style, etc. His first song, “No Heart,” received over 2 million views on YouTube.
Johnson’s breathtaking acting skills also played a key role in his success. He made appearances in a string of comedy shows such as “Got Hooked Up 2,” where he role-played as T.J, and the drama “Twisted Ambition” where he played Tow Truck. Mike also appeared on MTV’s American game show “Wild “N Out,” which soared his popularity not only as an actor, but also as a man of multiple talents.
The Best Moments
- Started the YouTube channel “The MJ Family” with Jaliyah Monet.
- Signed a record label, “Travis Jones Entertainment.”
- Released “Ain’t No 21” in 2016.
- Dropped the mixtape “Savage Mode.”
The Private Side
Funny Mike started dating Instagram and YouTube star Jaliyah Monet in early 2017. Two years later, they were blessed with a daughter named Londyn and a son named MacArthur Johnson Jr. in 2020. The couple lives a luxurious life and frequently posts videos based on challenges, family, and pranks.
Funny Mike was involved in several controversies and scandals. In May 2016, he got into a heated argument with Richard Philips, who was distributing party fliers in the parking lot. He was arrested by the police and charged with second-degree murder, obstruction of justice, and illegal use of firearms.
Funny Mike’s Related YouTube Video
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
There are many life-leading lessons we can adopt from Funny Mike. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- The Sky Is Not The Limit. Mike didn’t just center his career around YouTube and Vine. He branched out to become a successful artist and actor, which gained him even more viewership. Don’t focus on one thing. Try to diversify your portfolio.
- Do It With Heart. Don’t force yourself on matters where your heart is not at rest. Mike’s passion lies in comedy, and this is visible by the energy in his videos. You work at your best when you do something with your heart.
- Be Creative. Funny Mike clearly understood how competitive the music and acting industry has gotten over time. Mike re-invented himself to stand out. He took inspiration from 21 Savage to produce innovative rap beats. His emulations proved to be a distinguishing factor and helped him gain mainstream success.
- Hard Work & Persistence. Funny Mike developed an immense love for pranks and jokes when he was young. Starting out from Vine, he worked hard and broke sweat. His path to success was not easy. He suffered several controversies and scandals that significantly lowered his fame, but he fought it all with his exceptional determination.
The Unusual Stuff
We bet you didn’t know the following mind-boggling facts about Funny Mike:
- He is a highly-skilled gamer and has a YouTube channel called “Funnymike Gaming Channel.”
- He opened a company called “Funny Mike ENT” to manage upcoming influencers.
- He gained 2 million subscribers in just a year.
- Mike once took his kids out for a shopping spree.
Answering Frequent Questions
How did Funny Mike develop an interest in making comedy videos?
Mike was a born jokester, but comedy wasn’t his area of expertise. When he began uploading videos on social media, he received positive reviews and decided to continue with them.
Did 21 Savage and Funny Mike have a fight?
21 Savage could see how Funny Mike began impersonating his style. They both had a public spat over Twitter, and Mike even challenged 21 Savage to a boxing match, which he declined.
Which cars does Funny Mike own?
Funny Mike loves expensive and luxurious cars, particularly Mercedes. He also has a Lamborghini Aventador in his collection.
The Closing Remarks
Boasting 7.7 million subscribers on YouTube, Funny Mike has established a huge social and business empire. His videos frequently receive millions of views, which easily places him on the list of the richest YouTubers in the world. Mike not only wants to make people burst into laughter, but he also wants to spread positivity through multiple platforms. Now that’s a man of great culture!