What is Fivio Foreign’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$2 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapping|
|Date of Birth||March 29, 1990|
|Height||6’2 / 187 cm|
|Place of Birth||Brooklyn, New York City, USA|
The Usual Intro
Fivio Foreign is a 32-year-old rapper from New York who rose to prominence in 2019 with the release of his hit single, “Big Drip.” He has since collaborated with multiple leading figures in the industry, such as Kanye West, Drake, Lil TJay, and Alicia Keys. Foreign recently released his debut studio album, “B.I.B.L.E.”
Before the Spotlight
Maxie Lee Ryles III was born on March 29, 1990, in Brooklyn, New York City. His mother worked as a teacher at the New York City Public School.
As a child, Maxie’s interests lay in rapping and baseball. However, it wasn’t until he entered his teenage years that he started taking music seriously.
Maxie started rapping under the stage name “Lite Fivio” in 2011 after honing his skills in the past few years. He began writing down original songs and uploaded some of them to YouTube.
The Journey to Success
In 2013, Maxie changed his official name to Fivio Foreign and founded the musical collective “800 Foreign Side” with some of his peers.
He was inspired to form his own group by the local hip-hop collective GS9. The group had seen a dramatic increase in popularity, and Foreign hoped to achieve the same success with his group. Unfortunately, they fell apart within the next few years.
The rapper found himself yet again at square one but moved forward with his solo career. He finally started gaining traction in the mid-2010s and built a small but loyal fanbase.
In the following few years, Fivio released numerous pieces of music. Some of his songs saw decent success, while others didn’t. All that changed in 2019 – his breakout year – with the release of his iconic single, “Big Drip,”
The track became an instant sensation — its official music video, which was released shortly after, amassed millions of views. Fivio procured two big-time contracts in November with Columbia Records and RichFish Records with his rise in popularity.
After becoming a signed artist, Fivio began collaborating with big names in the industry, including the likes of Drake, Nas, French Montana, and King Von. In 2021, he appeared on Kanye West’s album, Donda. In 2022, Foreign released his own debut album, “B.I.B.L.E,” featuring Kanye West, A$AP Rocky, Alicia Keys, Lil Yatchy, and many other renowned artists.
The album debuted at the 9th spot on the Billboard 200.
The Best Moments
- Started rapping in 2011
- Formed 800 Foreign Side in 2013
- Released “Big Drip” in 2019
- Released his debut studio album “B.I.B.L.E” in 2022
The Private Side
Until recently, Foreign was in a relationship with his longtime girlfriend, Jasmine Giselle. Giselle is also the mother of his two children. In May 2022, rapper Mellow Black broke the news of her relationship with Foreign on Instagram.
Foreign has seen a fair share of legal controversy. Many of his rapper friends fell victim to gang violence, and he himself had a run-in with law enforcement in 2021. Foreign was arrested on charges of gun possession after he tried to flee from officers. He was released shortly after his arrest.
Fivio Foreign’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Fivio Foreign
Here are some of Fivio Foreign’s most famous quotes:
- “I wanna say to anybody that’s trying to come up and go viral, push forward. Don’t stop. Don’t wait for nobody. Do it yourself. Ask for help, but don’t wait for help.”
- “I can’t say, ‘Damn, I want to sing like Beyonce.’ All I can do is sing like Fivio Foreign and pray to God that’s good enough.”
- “I really wanted, when I was a little, little kid, I wanted to collect rocks. I don’t know why. I didn’t know nothin’ about them. I just liked to pick them up and keep em.”
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Here are some lessons we can learn from Fivio Foreign’s success:
- Never lose hope. Arguably the most important thing we can learn from this man is not to lose hope. Fivio Foreign rapped for years before seeing any semblance of popularity. He started rapping professionally in 2011, but it wasn’t until 2019 that he finally came under the spotlight.
- Go at it alone. Foreign had initially hoped to succeed as a musical collective. However, after his group members failed him, he decided to go alone and focus once again on his solo career. As he beautifully puts it: “Don’t wait for nobody. Do it yourself.”
- Be self-content. If you aren’t self-content, you’ll never have enough. Fivio recognizes the limits of his abilities and knows that he’s done well for himself. That’s the key to satisfaction.
- Capitalize on opportunities. The brilliant Foreign signed a mere $5,000 contract with RichFish records just because he knew he couldn’t let the opportunity slip by. He realized he was in the spotlight for a brief time before the world would move on, and he had to make the most of it.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some interesting facts about Fivio Foreign:
- Fivio has cited 50 Cent and Chief Keef as his early inspirations.
- Foreign wants to open his own record label and sign other artists someday.
- He has a brother named Maxie. The two share the same first name.
- False rumors of his death surfaced online in late 2020.
Answering Frequent Questions
How much did B.I.B.L.E sell in its first week?
The album sold the equivalent of 29,000 units in its first week.
How much did Mase give Fivio Foreign?
Mase claims that even though the contract value was $5,000, he paid the Brooklyn rapper $750,000. Foreign’s fans argue that the contract is unfair and exploitative.
Where is Fivio Foreign now?
Fivio Foreign currently resides in his hometown of Brooklyn, New York City.
The Closing Remarks
Fivio Foreign’s rise to popularity makes for an exciting and inspiring tale. Even though things around him began to fall apart in the earlier years of his career, he stuck to his craft and is now one of the top rappers in Brooklyn. Having only released a single studio album so far, we will likely be seeing much more of this talented rapper in the near future.