What is Eve’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$10 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapper / Actress / Television personality|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1978|
|Height||5’6 / 170 cm|
|Place of Birth||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Partner||Maximillion Cooper (m. 2014)|
The Usual Intro
Eve Jihan Cooper is a 43-year-old American rapper, actress, and television personality. Since the release of her debut album in 1999, Eve has seen tremendous success. She is the third female rapper in history to take the number 1 spot on the Billboard 200. Over the years, Eve’s albums have sold millions of copies. Aside from her music career, Eve has also had various other successful endeavors such as a clothing line.
Before the Spotlight
Eve Cooper was born on November 10, 1978, in Philadelphia to Julie Wilcher and Jerry Jeffers. Her mother was a supervisor at a publishing company, while her father worked as a chemical plant supervisor. She spent her early years in West Philadelphia but moved to Germantown during her teenage years. Eve graduated from Martin Luther King High School in Philadelphia.
Eve always had a passion for singing and had a lot of experience performing with choirs. She also formed an all-girl group called Dope Girl Posse or EDGP, but the band soon broke apart. After that, she pursued her solo rapping career using the moniker “Eve of Destruction”.
The Journey to Success
Eve’s professional career began when she started working with Dr. Dre. She was signed with Dre’s label Aftermath for a year. With Aftermath, she recorded a few tracks including Eve of Destruction which was part of the 1998 movie Bulworth‘s soundtrack. Unfortunately, Eve’s contract with Aftermath expired before she could start working on an album.
Through Dr. Dre, Eve came into contact with the rapper DMX and became part of his musical ensemble called Ruff Ryders. Working with DMX’s label, Eve provided background vocals and contributed to the compilation album Ryde or Die Vol. 1 (1999). Her first single What Y’all Want (1999) was also on the album. Soon after, Eve released her debut album Let There Be Eve…Ruff Ryders’ First Lady in September 1999.
Her first album sold 2 million copies and is certified double Platinum. The most popular singles on the album include Gotta Man and Love Is Blind. With her debut album, Eve became the third female artist to have her album take the #1 spot on the Billboard 200. But this was just the start of her prolific career.
In 2001, Eve released her second album Scorpion, which contained her most successful single to date. The second single on the album Let Me Blow Ya Mind (ft. Gwen Stefani) ranked at 2nd place on the Billboard Hot 100 and also earned Eve a Grammy Award for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration in 2002. Eve also released her third album Eve-olution (2002), which contained another extremely successful single, Gangsta Lovin’ (ft. Alicia Keys).
From 2002 to 2012, Eve mainly collaborated on singles with other artists like Michael Jackson, Kelly Rowland, Maroon 5, and Ludacris, so she could focus on her acting career. She also changed labels which delayed the release of her third album. Eve’s fourth album Lip Lock came out in 2013 under her own label From The Rib Music. It included some of her best singles such as Tambourine and Give It to You (featuring Sean Paul).
In 2019, Eve released her single Reload (featuring Konshens) after six years.
Television and Film Career
Eve began her acting career with a role in the action film XXX (2002) and then starred in all three installments of the Barbershop film series (2002-2016). In 2003, she played the role of Shelly Williams on the sitcom Eve (2003-2006). She then starred in two movies, The Woodsman and The Cookout (both 2004).
Eve had more successful roles during the late 2000s and early 2010s, starring in some of the well-known films of her time like Whip It (2009), 18.104.22.168. (2010), Bounty Killer (2013), Animal (2014), and With This Ring (2015). She also appeared in two episodes of the popular TV series Glee.
Aside from acting, Eve also served as a co-host on CBS Daytime’s The Talk from 2017 to 2020. Most recently, she was selected to be part of the American musical drama series Queens (2021-2022) and performed several songs.
Aside from music and acting, Eve has appeared on the covers of various magazines as well as in advertisement campaigns. She also launched her own clothing line called Fetish in 2003 but discontinued it in 2009. Eve also hosts her BBC Sounds podcast Constantly Evolving with Eve. The podcast features interviews with Eve’s friends and peers where she explores their life experiences and personalities.
The Best Moments
- Joined the all-female singing group Dope Girl Posse and signed a record deal with Dr. Dre.
- Her first song ranked 29th on the American Billboard Hot 100 and her first album sold 213,000 copies in the first week after release.
- In 2001, Eve appeared on the cover of Jet magazine and was referred to as the “Queen of Rap.”
- Eve won the BET Award for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist in 2001.
- Appeared as a lead character in the Barbershop film series (2002-2016).
- Eve has worked with several renowned artists, including Gwen Stefani, Keyshia Cole, Missy Elliott, Kelly Rowland, Alicia Keys, and Ludacris.
- Her fourth album, Lip Lock (2007) reached number 46 on the Billboard 200 chart.
- In 2020, Eve was named one of the “30 Greatest Female Rappers Ever” by Spin.
The Private Side
Eve began dating her current husband, Maximillion Cooper, in 2010. The pair were engaged a few years later in 2013 and married in 2014. Eve and Cooper have five children — four from Cooper’s previous marriage. In 2022, Eve and Cooper welcomed their first child together in February.
Eve’s Related YouTube Video
Eve – “Queens,” Pregnancy & Staying True to Herself in Hip-Hop | The Daily Show
Famous Quotes of Eve
- “I’d rather make all my secrets public than have an image based on gossip. I’d rather put it out there myself and control it.”
- “I’d rather experiment than follow the same formula. I’m a curious person. It’s gotten me into trouble, but I say, ‘Why not? Let’s try it.'”
- “I’m still a tomboy at heart. In high school, I was the girl in the baggy jeans and Timberlands, but I was also at the hairdresser’s every week.”
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
- Take Risks: When Eve began her career, male artists dominated the rap genre. Despite that, she went on to start her solo career and saw tons of success over the years.
- Stay True To Yourself: Eve has never shied away from saying no. Throughout her career, she has always been herself rather than what the industry demanded of female rappers.
- Branch Out: Eve’s multi-million dollar fortune is the result of calculated decisions and self-exploration. After establishing herself as a successful musician, she explored acting and also launched her own clothing line. This not only generated revenue but also helped Eve explore her talents.
Answering Frequent Questions
Does Eve have a child?
Eve has four stepchildren from her husband’s previous marriage and a biological son who was born in February 2022.
Are Eve and DMX related?
No, they are not related but DMX was one of her closest friends. Eve worked for DMX’s label and was a part of Ruff Ryders.
How long has Eve been married to Maximillion Cooper?
The pair have been married since 2014.