What is Drake’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$260 million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapper / Singer / Actor|
|Date of Birth||October 24, 1986|
|Nationality||Canadian / American|
|Height||6ft / 183 cm|
|Place of Birth||Toronto, Ontario|
The Usual Intro
Drake is a Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor. Drake initially started his acting career and has appeared on multiple TV shows like “Degrassi: The Next Generation.” However, he got noticed after he came into the music industry. Right now, he is one of the highest-paid entertainers. He has always bragged about how he ‘started from the bottom,’ but right now, he seems to be enjoying the ‘view’ from the top.
Before the Spotlight
Drake was born on October 24, 1986, in Toronto, Canada. His parents divorced when he was 5 years old. He lived with his mother in Toronto, while his father returned to Memphis.
They lived in a small apartment and his mother often struggled with expenses. Drake went to Forest Hill Collegiate Institute. He was bullied due to his racial and religious background causing him to drop out of school. However, he later graduated in 2012.
The Journey to Success
At the age of 15, Drake started his acting career. He appeared in a Canadian TV teen drama, “Degrassi: The Next Generation.” Between 2001 to 2008, he appeared in a total of 100 episodes.
Drake began his career in music in 2005 with the release of his first mixtape, “Room for Improvement.” The mixtape was received positively by his audience and sold approximately 6000 copies. The next year, he released another mixtape entitled “Comeback Season,” which was published via his own record label, “October’s Very Own.”
Drake was inspired by rappers such as Jay-Z and Clipse, who were self-made artists. He collaborated with Lil Wayne on multiple songs. Drake also signed a recording contract with Wayne’s label, Young Money Entertainment. In the same year, he released his album “Thank Me Later.”
Drake has collaborated with many artists such as Rihanna, DJ Khaled, Eminem, and Chris Brown. He has produced a number of hits in multiple genres. His most famous album, “Scorpion”, broke the one-day global records on Spotify and Apple Music with 132 million and 170 million playbacks, respectively. It peaked at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200.
Drake’s most popular single, “One Dance,” featuring Wizkid and Kayla, topped the Billboard 100 for 10 non-consecutive weeks. The song was released on September 5, 2016, and was from his album “Views.” In 2016, it had sold more than 100 million copies by December and became the fifth best-selling song of 2016.
In 2016, Drake launched his Bourbon Whiskey, “Virginia Black.” The company sold over 4,000 bottles in the first week and 30,000 bottles in the same year.
Drake has also signed deals with numerous brands, including Nike, Sprite, Burger King, and Apple, which has earned him millions of dollars. He also grew his net worth through world tours and concerts. His most famous successful show till date was the “Summer Sixteen” show that generated $80 million in revenue. Drake has been on five world tours shows so far.
The Best Moments
- Released his album “Honestly, Nevermind” on June 17, 2022.
- Became the Billboard Artist of the Decade of 2021 BBMAs.
- Made history by debuting three songs on Billboard Hot 100 simultaneously.
- Made his debut as a film producer and created a documentary, “The Carter Effect.”
- Hosted the OVO Fest for the first time in 2010.
- Has won 4 Grammy Awards.
The Private Side
Drake lives in Toronto, Canada in a $100 million estate nicknamed ‘The Embassy,’ which can be seen in his music video “Toosie Slide.” He also owns various multi-million dollar mansions.
Drake has been on-and-off with artist Rihanna from 2009 to 2016. He has mentioned his relationship in every one of his studio albums. His remarks about Rihanna are, “She’s a woman I’ve been in love with since I was 22 years old.”
Drake has a son, Adonis, with former model Sophie Brussaux. Drake hid this news for a while and finally revealed it on his album “Scorpion.”
Drake’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Drake
- “Accept yourself. You don’t have to prove sh*t to no one except yourself.”
- “I was born to make mistakes, not to fake perfection.”
- “Everybody dies but not everybody lives.”
- “It’s never too late to realize what you want in your life and it’s never wrong to fight for it.”
- “Strength isn’t always shown in what you can hold on to, sometimes it’s shown in what you can let go of.”
The Social World
- Instagram: 114 million Followers
- Twitter: 39.5 million Followers
- Facebook: 53 million Followers
- YouTube: 26.5 million Followers
- SoundCloud: 2.94 million Followers
- Snapchat: 269k Followers
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
- Use Pain as Fuel. Drake has been through a rough childhood with his parents’ divorce, getting bullied at school, and financial problems. He took all the hardship and pain as fuel instead of giving up.
- Own the business. Drake knew his potential. He always wanted to be an entrepreneur because he knew its value. After his first few hit albums, endorsement deals from brands found themselves at Drake’s doorstep.
- Consistency is the key. Even after releasing multiple chart-topping hits, Drake continued his pursuit of becoming the best rapper in the world.
- Hustle, Hustle, and Hustle. “I should just work because I know that there’s somebody else working if I decide to go play.” Drake is constantly experimenting with new melodies and songs and prefers to stay in the studio to support his team instead of clubbing and partying.
The Unusual Stuff
- Drake unexpectedly became a father to Adonis in 2017.
- His full name is Aubrey ‘Drake’ Graham.
- Drake is a talented songwriter and wrote “Un-thinkable” for Alicia Keys.
- Drake has a tattoo of Aaliyah.
- He reportedly accounted for 5% of Toronto’s annual tourism income in 2018, which was estimated to be around $440 million.
Answering Frequent Questions
What is Drake’s favorite food?
Drake’s favorite food is Scallops at Thomas Keller’s French Laundry.
Did Drake and Rihanna ever date?
Drake and Rihanna have been dating from time to time since 2009 to 2016. They have collaborated on multiple songs such as “Work,” “Too Good,” and “What’s my name?”. Drake has described her as the ‘Ultimate Fantasy’ in multiple interviews.
Does Drake have a favorite color?
Drake’s favorite color is Brown.
How many total songs has Drake made?
Drake’s discography includes 139 singles, 7 albums, 7 mixtapes, and 4 EPs.
How much does Drake earn per month?
Drake is currently earning more than $1 million per month.
The Closing Remarks
Drake is one of the best rappers alive on this planet. He has an impressive portfolio of 4 Grammy Awards and the title of ‘Artist of the Decade’. He recently dropped his album “Honestly, Nevermind,” which has crossed 250 million streams in less than a month. His path to success has just begun, and it can be said without doubt that his popularity and net worth will only increase.