What is DC Young Fly’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$3 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Professional Rapper, Comedian, Actor, TV Personality|
|Date of Birth||May 2, 1992|
|Height||1.80 m (5’11”)|
|Place of Birth||Atlanta, Georgia, USA|
|Religion||Unknown (born Christian)|
|Partner||Ms. Jacky Oh (fiance)|
The Usual Intro
John Whitfield, famously known as DC Young Fly, is an American rapper, producer, TV host, actor, and internet personality. Although he is known for his involvement in numerous areas of the entertainment industry, he rose to prominence as a cast member of MTV’s improv comedy show, “Wild N’ Out.”
The multitalented rapper has led a lucrative career and is famous for his roasting sessions on TV, YouTube, and formerly on Vine. He is immensely popular on social media and is a part of his podcast featuring him, Karlous Miller, and Chico Bean.
Before the Spotlight
John Whitfield was born on May 2, 1992, in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. He is the youngest among six siblings; three brothers and three sisters. Growing up, Whitfield always had a passion for music and sang in the church choir. In high school, he had a reputation for being the mischievous, funny guy. When his brother died in 2010, he got a face tattoo to honor him as he played an important role in shaping Whitfield’s music career.
Whitfield made his first Twitter account in 2009. He generated a small fanbase that rapidly grew after he started posting on Vine. Following Vine’s shutdown in 2016, he shifted to other platforms such as Instagram. He was mainly known for his videos of roasting various celebrities by 2014.
The Journey to Success
Whitfield entered mainstream media by releasing his first mixtape, “Industry Most Wanted,” in 2014. He chose the nickname DC Young Fly. He appeared in the comedy show “Wild N’ Out,” which was a pivotal point in his career in 2015. He was named “Rookie of the Year.” He made his silver screen debut starring in “Almost Christmas.”
In 2017, Whitfield independently produced and starred in the film “DigitalLivesMatter.” He also worked on several BET projects simultaneously. MTV revived their classic “TRL” show and appointed Whitfield as the host; he was an instant sensation.
The 85 South Show’s rise in the comedy world began in 2015 when they started a podcast featuring Whitfield, Karlouos Miller, and Chico Bean. He and his crew got the opportunity to host the BET awards in 2020 and 2021.
Whitfield continues to focus on his music career and has released several albums and mixtapes. He has worked with many prominent artists like Nick Cannon and Moneybagg Yo. His most recent music project was released in 2020, called “Good Thang.”
The Best Moments
- Debut mixtape “Industry Most Wanted” (2014)
- Becoming a cast member for MTV’s “Wild N’ Out” (2015)
- Film debut “Almost Christmas” (2015)
- Hosting MTV’s “TRL” (2017)
The Private Side
Whitfield began dating Ms. Jacky Oh in 2015, a famous model, actress, and co-star in the show “Wild N’ Out.” They are still together and reportedly engaged, although there is no news about a wedding. They have three kids together, the eldest daughter Nova Whitfield and the middle child Nala Whitfield. Ms. Jacky Oh recently gave birth to their son, whose name is unknown.
Whitfield usually stays away from controversy; however, it’s reported that he was arrested at the age of 18 for charged with 11 offences. He had begun his career at MTV during that time. The comedian was also involved in a fight that left him with stab wounds. In 2014, he and Kevin Hart had an online feud after Whitfield insulted him.
DC Young Fly’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of DC Young Fly
More than inspiring quotes, Whitfield is famous for his witty humor and capable roasting skills. Here is his most famous catchphrase known by all his fans:
- “Bring that a*s here boi.”
The Social World
Here are the social media statistics of DC Young Fly:
- Instagram: 11.8 million followers
- Twitter: 621K followers
- Facebook: 3.7 million followers
- Tiktok: 2.1 million followers
- YouTube: 1 million subscribers (personal channel)
- YouTube: 2.1 million subscribers (The 85 South Comedy Show channel)
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
- Hard work. Whitfield has proven that you can make your dreams come true through an opportunistic approach and unending diligence to your passion and goals. His work ethic provides motivation for everyone.
- Multi-talented. By taking advantage of every opportunity, Whitfield shows that facing multiple challenges can pay off. Now, his expertise expands to countless aspects of the entertainment industry.
- Importance of bonds. Whitfield puts his family bonds above everything else. He prioritizes his wife and kids, doing his best to provide the best life for them.
- Taking initiative. Without taking the first step towards your goal, you can never succeed. After getting attached to MTV, Whitfield undertook several projects and even worked to revive the hit show “TRL.”
The Unusual Stuff
Whitfield has made a name for himself in multiple industries. Here are some fun facts about him:
- When his fiance told him she was pregnant with a second child, Whitfield thought it was a prank.
- He starred in “How High 2” alongside Lil Yachty.
- His famous catchphrase “bring that a*s here boy” is considered a cult classic.
- He makes R&B music which is mainly related to his numerous life experiences.
Answering Frequent Questions
What does DC Young Fly mean?
The “DC” stands for “Da Crew.” Everyone else on his team also has the same two initials. Young Fly is his moniker inside his team.
Is DC Young Fly married?
Although he has two children with Ms. Jacky Oh, they are only engaged and are yet to get married.
How did DC Young Fly get famous?
Whitfield found immense fame on the video entertainment app, Vine. Although it shut down in 2016, he was already famous on other social media platforms by then.
The Closing Remarks
Whitfield can easily be considered as a jack of all trades. His many projects in television, music and other entertainment media have all brought him immense success. He continues to make a name for himself through multiple endeavors in all fields related to entertainment.