What is DaniLeigh’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$3 million|
|Source of Wealth||Singing|
|Date of Birth||December 20, 1994|
|Height||5’5 / 1.65m|
|Place of Birth||Miami, Florida, United States|
The Usual Intro
Danielle Leigh Curiel, recognized widely by her stage name DaniLeigh, is a 27-year-old American singer, songwriter, and dancer. She was initially a backup performer and made her breakthrough on YouTube by posting covers of famous songs. Her talent was recognized, and soon she began putting out her original music.
Before the Spotlight
Danielle Curiel was born on December 20, 1994 in a Dominican family. She has been involved in music since childhood as her sisters and father used to sing at the local church. Dani herself started dancing at the age of 12 and picked up vocals by 14.
However, she had stage fright and was too shy to perform in front of an audience. She has stated that Missy Elliott, Aaliyah, Drake, and Rihanna have been the biggest influences in her life since she was young.
The Journey to Success
Dani began her career on YouTube by posting cover songs such as Musiq Soulchild’s “So Beautiful.” However, she started her professional career by moving to Los Angeles at 16. There she built connections and soon became a backup dancer for Pharrel Williams and Nelly Furtadao.
At 18, she was asked by legendary singer Prince to direct the music video for his song “Breakfast Can Wait.” Under Prince, she learned the ins-and-outs of the industry. By 2015, she started performing music and witnessed success in 2017 with her single “Play.” It featured Mexican rapper Kap G and was meant to empower Latinos and women.
In 2017, Dani signed with Def Jam Records and released her first EP, “Summer with Friends.” By 2018, she released another album that featured YG, Lil Yachty, Lil Baby, and YBN Nahmir. Her fame skyrocketed when she collaborated with Lil Baby on “Lil Bebe” and Chris Brown for the chart-topping single “Easy.” She has even choreographed and appeared in music videos for Megan Thee Stallion and DaBaby.
Unfortunately, Dani faced lots of controversies in 2021 when she released the song “Yellow Bone.” The music promoted colorism and was met with significant backlash from the public. Danielle had to put out a public apology for this action.
The Best Moments
- Her song “Easy” featuring Chris Brown is triple-platinum certified
- Her young career already boasts over five albums and 2 EPs
- Dani and Lil Baby’s collaborative song is RIAA Platinum certified.
- Her album features renowned artists like YG, Lil Yachty, Lil Baby, YBN Nahmir, and Chris Brown
- She has choreographed music videos for DaBaby and Megan Thee Stallion
The Private Side
Like most celebrities, DaniLeigh likes to keep her relationships private. She dated rapper DaBaby for a brief period in 2020. The pair had a daughter named Velour while they were together. They broke up in December of the same year.
Since then, Danielle has been single but linked with other rappers like Chris Brown. However, there has been no official confirmation yet.
DaniLeigh’s Related Video
Famous Quotes of DaniLeigh
- “I’m not good at pretending, I’m not. I’m a Sagittarius, so part of our sign is we’re real, we blunt, that’s something about us. So no, I can’t pretend, you see it in my face. If I don’t like you, I say, “What’s up”, I’m cordial, I’m never going to disrespect nobody, unless they disrespect me, but no, I can’t pretend to, I’m not going to pretend to be your friend. You know I don’t like you, so why pretend?”
- “I reached a million followers, so no limits, I ain’t got no limits. That’s how I was feeling. I had just dropped “Lil Bebe,” and then I was dropping content for it. I dropped my album, The Plan, so that went up for me, it got a lot of streaming, then following, I think, just went up. It just all went up for me. It takes a minute to reach a million followers, that’s a moment, so it made me feel like I can’t stop, so I don’t got no limits.”
- “I feel like my music is super motivational. I feel like everything I do, I just be in a bag when I’m doing it, so I want people to feel that way, and no limits was that vibe. It’s short and quick, and I wanted it short and quick to be like, “This is what I want to talk about real quick,” and go flag somebody, let me see that, go ahead.”
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Dani’s move from a backup dancer to a star in the spotlight is highly inspiring. Here are some lessons to be learned from her life:
- Self-care is a necessity. DaniLeigh has been extremely public about her abusive relationships and not being treated well by men. She stated that she uses music to release her anger and frustration. Danielle admits that it might not be the best way, but it helps her grow and blow off some steam.
- Showcase your talents. Despite being an excellent dancer, Dani always wanted to be more. She worked on her vocal abilities and experimented with music, and soon after, showcased all of her talents to the world.
- Own your destiny. Danielle discovered her ability to sing and dance at a young age and decided to pursue it as a career. She faced a lot of demotivating comments from her fellows, but persisted and pushed through to achieve her dreams.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some surprising facts about DaniLeigh that most people don’t know about:
- She moved to Los Angeles at the young age of 16.
- Her music style is fusion of hip hop and Latin music.
- Her single, “Yellow Bone,” was criticized heavily for promoting colorism. Danielle had to apologize for this insensitive song.
- Dani and her sister created a pop duo known as Curly Fryz.
- She started posting covers on her YouTube channel at the age of 14.
Answering Frequent Questions
What is DaniLeigh’s daughter’s name?
DaniLeigh has a beautiful baby daughter named Velour who was born in December 2021.
Who is the father of DaniLeigh’s baby?
DaniLeigh dated renowned rapper DaBaby for a small period in 2020. In December 2021, they were said to have their daughter together. DaBaby and DaniLeigh are the parents of a daughter, Velour.
Why did DaniLeigh delete her Instagram?
DaniLeigh deleted all of her social media accounts in late 2021. She did this to escape the internet after her breakup with DaBaby. Dani stated that she had gotten addicted to social media and that it was unhealthy for her.
The Closing Remarks
DaniLeigh has established a net worth of over $2 million and has been labeled one of the most versatile artists of modern era. She is exceptionally talented and capable of dancing, singing, writing, and even directing. She continues to push and set higher goals for herself.