What is Charleston White’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$2 Million|
|Source of Wealth||YouTube, Social Media, |
|Date of Birth||1970|
|Height||5’8” / 172 cm|
|Place of Birth||Texas, United States|
The Usual Intro
Charleston White is a popular YouTuber and well-credentialed motivational speaker who originates from a life of crime and violence as a local gang leader. After a petty theft went south, he found himself in juvenile correction. With nothing but time on his hands, he developed a sense of morality and came out a better and more mature person.
Before the Spotlight
Charleston White was born in 1970 in Texas. The identities of his immediate family remain unknown. His father reportedly worked in the navy, while his mother was a homemaker. Unfortunately, his father’s job in the navy meant he could spend little time with White.
With no guidance from his father, White joined a local gang and familiarized himself with the world of crime. At first, he engaged in theft and robbery, but as his confidence grew, things escalated. At age 14, he ran away from his house to live with a friend.
Later that year, a small-time theft from a clothing store took a turn for the worse. He and his friends were confronted by a white man. Some sources claim that White shot him; however, White claims he wasn’t the one who pulled the trigger.
Regardless, White and his friends were tried and sent to the Texas Youth Council Lockup at the Giddings State School, narrowly avoiding prison.
The Journey to Success
White reflected on his actions and matured as a person during his time in correction. Because of his commitment to bettering himself, he was released at age 21 after serving seven years.
White had left prison with the intention of turning a new leaf. He enrolled at the Texas Wesleyan University in his hometown to pursue a degree in Pre Law.
Later, White began motivational speaking and took a leading role in churches and community centers. He shared his story and encouraged others to learn from their mistakes. In 2012, he founded the Helping Young People Excel (HYPE) group.
As an influencer with a sizable following, White’s personal merchandise line also contributes considerably to his overall income. He frequently comments on the rap and hip-hop industry and black culture on podcasts and interviews.
He launched his YouTube channel, “The Real Charlestone White,” in 2020 and has seen considerable growth since. He currently has 159,000 subscribers. White saw a sudden increase in popularity in 2021 after making sensitive remarks about George Floyd’s Killer.
The Best Moments
- Released from Giddings State School at age 21
- Began motivational speaking after his release
- Found the HYPE group in 2012
- Has 159K subscribers on YouTube today
The Private Side
White is a true master at separating his professional life from his personal one. The identities of his partners and family members remain a secret to date.
According to reports, White is married and has two children. His kids make appearances on his social media from time to time.
White is also a highly controversial motivational speaker. He’s feuded with a fair share of personalities in the past, with the most prominent one being rapper Soulja Boy.
Charleston White’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Charleston White
Here are some inspirational sayings from the old and wise motivational speaker:
- “College creates critical thinking. College helps you network. You develop self-discipline in college. You find identity. You find your kind in college. So now everybody needs a college experience. You develop your level of independence in college.”
- “The internet is not for logical, reasonable, compassionate, empathetic, caring, god-fearing people. That’s not your world.”
- “I think Django was the last black hero.”
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Some lessons we can learn from the life of Charleston White:
- It’s never too late to change for the better. White set his life in order in his late 20s. Up until that point, he had spent his life as a criminal, plagued by gang violence and poverty. He used his time in lockup to correct and improve himself.
- Value your privacy. White keeps his personal affairs out of the public’s eye. The identities of his family and friends remain undisclosed, and for a good reason. As a controversial figure, revealing the identities of his loved ones would mean putting them under the crosshairs of critics and haters.
- Build yourself a strong foundation. White is a strong advocate of college education and acquiring a degree. While dropping out of college is becoming an increasingly popular trend, White encourages youth to obtain their degree before entering the professional world.
- Use your knowledge to help others. It’s no secret that White made some serious mistakes in the past. He now uses the knowledge and experience he gained from his troubled past to help others.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some interesting facts about Charleston White we bet you didn’t know before:
- Along with his friends, White was the first juvenile in Tarrant county to be sentenced for murder under the Texas Determining Sentenced Law.
- The correction officers at Giddings sided with White when the state moved for him to be transferred to an adult facility.
- White briefly sold drugs after he was released from lockout.
- White holds the opinion that hip-hop is a negative influence on people’s perception of black culture.
Answering Frequent Questions
Where does Charleston White live?
White currently resides in Fort Worth, Texas, United States. He lives a peaceful life with his wife and two children.
How is Charleston White so rich?
White generates income through his YouTube and social media accounts, public and motivational speaking, and brand deals and endorsements.
Is Charleston White dead?
Rumors claiming his demise surfaced online in mid-2022 but were quickly proven false. Charleston White is alive.
The Closing Remarks
Charleston White recently made headlines after accidentally shooting himself in the leg while at a strip club in Dallas, Texas. The incident caught the attention of mainstream media and, interestingly, the hip-hop industry. Several rappers have come out and reacted to the influencer shooting himself. Soulja Boy seized the opportunity and was quick to leave a snarky remark, which may have reignited this rivalry right when things were beginning to settle down.