What is Cardi B’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$40 million|
|Source of Wealth||Rapping|
|Date of Birth||October 11, 1992|
|Height||5’3 / 160cm|
|Place of Birth||Washington Heights, New York|
The Usual Intro
Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar, famously known by the stage name Cardi B, is a professional rapper, songwriter, and actor. She is a self-made multi-millionaire who achieved all her success by being herself.
Cardi B is best known for her candid lyrics and aggressive flow. She became prominent after releasing the hit song “Bodak Yellow.” She won a Grammy Award for her first debut studio album “Invasion of Privacy.”
Before the Spotlight
Cardi B was born on October 11, 1992 in Washington Heights, New York. She is of mixed ethnicity with a Trinidadian mother and Dominican father. Cardi has seven siblings, the most popular of whom is Hennessy Carolina.
She went to Renaissance High School for Musical Theater & Technology. Cardi started working as a cashier at an Amish grocery store but got fired. Later, she became a stripper in New York City to pay for her education, but continued after she started to make a decent living out of it. Cardi lied to her mother by telling her she made a living by babysitting.
In 2013, she started making vines and videos on Instagram, which brought her a lot of views. She created her stage name Cardi B from the rum brand “Bacardi,” which was her nickname.
The Journey to Success
Cardi B joined the cast of the VH1 TV series “Love and Hip Hop: New York” in 2015 and appeared for six seasons. The show got her noticed and provided a platform where she could express her feelings and desires.In 2016, she released her first-ever mixtape “Gangsta Bitch Music: Volume 1”. The following year, she released the second volume of this mixtape.
In 2017, Cardi B got nominated for Best New Artist and Best Female Hip-Hop Artist at the BET Awards. That same year, she got signed by Atlantic Records and released her debut song, “Bodak Yellow,” which topped at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. “Bodak Yellow” became diamond-certified and won BET Awards for Song of the Year.
She released her debut studio album “Invasion of Privacy,” in 2018, which became an instant success as every song of the album charted on the Billboard Hot 100. The album was rated triple-platinum.
Cardi B has collaborated with numerous artists such as Nick Minaj, Megan Thee Stallion, Selena Gomez, and G-Eazy on multiple occasions.
The Best Moments
- Won a Grammy Award for her first debut album “Invasion of Privacy.”
- Won 8 Billboard Awards, including three consecutive “Top Rap Female Artist.”
- First female rapper to receive Ascap Award for the “Songwriter of the Year.”
- In 2020, named ‘Woman of the Year’ at the Billboard Women in Music.
The Private Side
Cardi B and fellow rapper Offset started dating in early 2017. They got engaged in October, but TMZ revealed that the couple secretly married a month before the proposal. In April 2018, Cardi revealed her pregnancy on SNL. She gave birth to a baby daughter later that year in July.
In December 2018, Cardi announced that she had split up with Offset and had filed for divorce. However, the two got back together the following month.
The couple bought a $5.5 million mansion in December 2019. She announced her pregnancy in 2021 and gave birth in September to a baby son.
Cardi B’s Related YouTube Video
Famous Quotes of Cardi B
- “Music never felt like a job.”
- “I’d rather have money and be broken-hearted than be broke and broken-hearted.”
- “It’s just like, damn – I’m competing with myself.”
- “The women that inspire me to be honest are the women that struggle.”
The Social World
- Instagram: 135 million followers
- Twitter: 23.1 million followers
- YouTube: 18.4 million followers
- Facebook: 35 million followers
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
- Bad beginnings don’t define you. Cardi didn’t have the best start to her career, but she kept her head straight and worked hard. Today, she is one of the top-earning female rappers in the world.
- Consistency. Cardi B has been consistent with her style of music and delivery of lyrics. The plan has worked for great so far, and she plans to continue making hits.
- Be yourself. Cardi B is known for her uniquely candid and aggressive flow. She has never tried to copy any other female rapper.
- Learn to deal with the haters. Cardi always tells us to learn to deal with haters. Over the year, she has been criticized multiple times, but this didn’t stop her from exploring new opportunities and music.
The Unusual Stuff
- Cardi is the second artist to ever top the Billboard Hot 100.
- Her engagement ring is worth $500,000.
- Cardi’s daughter’s name is Kulture, after the name of the Migos “Culture II” album.
- Cardi has admitted to robbing and drugging a man.
- Cardi once broke a man’s nose by sitting on his face when she was stripping.
Answering Frequent Questions
Why did Cardi B delete her Instagram?
Cardi deleted her Instagram after getting trolled and criticized for winning the Best Rap Album award for her debut album “Invasion of Privacy.”
Why didn’t Cardi B attend the Grammys?
Cardi B explained on social media that she couldn’t attend the Grammy Awards as she didn’t have a new song to perform and her album was also unreleased at the time.
Who is richer, Nicki Minaj or Cardi B?
Nicki Minaj is the wealthiest female rapper in the world with a net worth of $100 million. Cardi B’s comes at second with a net worth of approximately $40 million.
Who is richer, Cardi B or Offset?
Cardi B is richer than Offset by a cool $14 million. Offset has a net worth of $26 million.
The Closing Remarks
Cardi B is one of the leading hip-hop artists alive today. She has a very deep and hardcore rapping style. Cardi B never disappoints with her work and always brings something exceptional.
Despite getting a lot of hate from the public, she didn’t give up. She has won a total of 8 Billboard Awards, including three consecutive ‘Top Rap Female Artist.’ With the current growth of her popularity and net worth, she is on the path to become the richest female rapper in the world.