What is Cameron Diaz’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth||$140 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Acting|
|Date of Birth||August 30, 1972|
|Height||5’8 / 1.75m|
|Place of Birth||San Diego, California, United States|
The Usual Intro
Cameron Diaz is a 49-year-old American actress, fashion modeler, producer, and author. She is well-known for her comedic roles and one of the most famous faces in Hollywood. At the age of 16, she took the internet by storm with her enchanting looks. She modeled for many famous brands like Calvin Klein and Coca-Cola.
Cameron was a protagonist in the 1994 movie “The Mask,” which catapulted her to stardom. She also delivered stunning performances in many box office hit movies such as “‘My Best Friend’s Wedding” and “My Sister’s Keeper.” Diaz doesn’t stop here – she also appeared on many TV Shows such as “Saturday Night Live,” “Top Gear,” and “The X factor.”
With her stellar performances, she established herself as an A-lister in Hollywood and has been nominated several times for prestigious awards. Cameron currently stands as the fifth highest-grossing US actress, earning millions from acting alone.
Before the Spotlight
Cameron Diaz is a Californian-born model, born on August 30, 1972, in San Diego. Her father, Emilio Luis Diaz, is a field gauger at an oil company, while her mother, Billie Joann, is an import-export agent in San Diego.
She has only one elder sister named Chimene Diaz. Her family was financially ill, and Cameron reckons collecting soda cans and selling them as a source of income. Cameron spent her childhood in Long Beach and studied at the Long Beach Polytechnic High School.
Cameron had a knack for modeling since she was sixteen. Signing the contract with Elite Model Management, she modeled for Calvin Klein and Levi’s. Her success in modeling allowed her to travel around many places such as Japan, Morocco, Australia, and Paris.
The Journey to Success
Cameron’s two-decade-long awe-inspiring career kicked off with her role in the 30-minute movie “She’s No Angel” at the age of 19. Despite having no prior acting experience, she won the lead female role in the blockbuster superhero fantasy film “The Mask” due to natural beauty. The movie was a massive hit, grossing more than $340 million internationally. It solidified Cameron as an iconic star.
Ironically, Cameron enrolled in an acting class after her role in “The Mask.” Numerous prominent filmmakers wooed her to work for their projects. The following year, she starred in the thriller-murder movie “The Last Supper,” directed by Stacy Title. She played a lead role as an ex-stripper in the comedy-drama movie “Feeling Minnesota,” along with other celebrities such as Keanu Reeves and Courtney Love.
In 1996, she role-played “Heather Davis” in the comedy-drama movie “She’s the One” directed by Edward Burns. She delivered a breath-taking performance as a wealthy fiancée of a sportswriter in the romantic movie “My Best Friend’s Wedding.” The film proved to be a global box-office hit, instantly becoming one of the best romantic comedy films of its era.
Cameron hit another milestone the following year when she starred in “There’s Something About Mary.” The movie made $369 million worldwide and garnered Diaz her first Golden Globe nomination.
Following her grand success, other prestigious award nominations soon followed through. For example, her role in “Being John Malkovich,” in which Diaz camouflaged her blond beauty to cosplay a dowdy pet-shop worker, earned her a second Golden Globe nomination.
Diaz’s ranking as a first-class actor continued to ascend. She was featured in many breakthrough movies. Her role as “Natalie Cook” in the action-comedy film “Charlie’s Angels” earned her public acclaim. The movie grossed $264 million worldwide. She later reprised the role in the sequel “Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle.” She put a cherry on the top with her solid performance in the movie “Annie” before ending her acting career.
The Best Moments
- She was nominated for an ALMA Award for “Outstanding Individual Performance in a Crossover Role in a Feature Film.”
- Cameron won the American Comedy Awards for “Funniest Actress in a Motion Picture.”
- Cameron was printed on the front cover of the magazine “Seventeen.”
- Cameron received a Star on the “Walk of Fame” at Hollywood Boulevard.
The Private Side
Because privacy concerns Diaz, little is known about her personal life. She dated video producer Carlos de la Torre from 1990 to 1994. She has been romantically associated with various celebrities like Matt Dillion, Vincent D’Onofrio, and Jared Leto. She also dated Justin Timberlake for three years.
In 2015, she married Benji Madden, a musician, in Beverly Hills. The couple was blessed with a daughter, Raddix Madden, in 2019.
Cameron participated in many philanthropist activities. She promoted Al Gore’s Live Earth campaign to raise awareness on climate change. Cameron was also involved with Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, the largest non-profit organization for veterans of the Afghan and Iraq wars.
Cameron Diaz’s Related YouTube Video
Hart to Heart | Why Did Cameron Diaz Leave Acting?
Famous Quotes of Cameron Diaz
Cameron’s words develop vivid imagery in our minds. Let’s glimpse into some of her influential quotes:
- “I believe that when you’re in love you have to pour your heart and soul out to your partner… or why bother? So in that sense I’m an incurable romantic when it comes to men.”
- “Sexuality and love can be different things. I can be attracted to a woman sexually, but it doesn’t mean I want to be in love with a woman. If I’m going to be with a woman sexually, it doesn’t mean I’m a lesbian. We put these restraints and definitions on people, but it’s hard to define.”
- “Women are capable of doing so many things these days, physically, emotionally, within relationships and career. There are so many things that women have evolved into and I feel really proud about where women are right now.”
The Social World
Cameron’s immense fame can be determined in some statistical terms below:
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Cameron Diaz stands as a role model for many and has set many life-leading examples. Here are some lessons from her that we can adopt in our lives:
- Passion lights up your path. Diaz’s long-lived success stems from her passion. In a CNBC meeting, Diaz said: “If it’s like a burning desire to do so, then I say go for it.” Passion drives you to push past your boundaries. Do what you love.
- Don’t follow fame. Fame will follow you. Cameron explains this in her own words: “If you are looking for fame to define you, then you will never be happy, and you will always be searching for happiness, and you will never find it in fame.” Eliminate the concept of fame. Be happy with what you are already doing and focus on being better.
- Hard work. Diaz became famous before she took her first acting class, but that doesn’t mean she didn’t work hard. Diaz stayed persistent and acted in many films to earn awards.
The Unusual Stuff
Here are some exciting facts about Cameron Diaz that we bet you didn’t know of:
- She studied with Snoop Dogg and admitted to buying weed from him once.
- She broke her nose in an accident while surfing in Hawaii.
- Cameron has written New York Times Bestsellers “The Body Book,” and “The Longevity Book.”
- She was excluded from a role in the “Mortal Kombat” movie due to a wrist injury.
Answering Frequent Questions
What does Cameron Diaz do for a living now?
In the late 2020s, she teamed up with her friend Katherine Power, a fashion entrepreneur, to launch a vegan-friendly wine label called “Avaline.”
Why did Cameron Diaz leave acting?
In 2014, after shooting the movie “Annie,” she made a quiet retirement from acting. She sat down with Gwyneth Paltrow and explained she wanted to focus on her well-being and health.
Are Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz friends?
Diaz and Drew have been life-long close friends. Both played vital roles in many successful Hollywood movies throughout the 1990s.
The Closing Remarks
Accumulating total box office ticket sales of over $7 billion, Cameron formed a formidable acting empire. She also walked away with a massive pay-check of $42 million from her lead role in the movie “Bad Teacher.” This makes her not only the fifth highest-grossing actress in the US, but also the third actress in history to crack a $20 million pay-check milestone. Diaz has also won many best-looking female star awards from prominent magazines and continues to fascinate people with her Instagram pictures.
Featured image credit: The Image Worx / Shutterstock.com