What is Bree Olson’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Adult Film Industry, Acting|
|Date of Birth||October 7, 1986|
|Height||5’3 / 160 cm|
|Place of Birth||Houston, Texas|
|Partner||Kayla Banter (m.2019)|
The Usual Intro
Bree Olson is a former American porn actress who retired from the industry in 2011. Her popularity can be credited to her 600+ performances as a pornstar and relationship with the renowned actor Charlie Sheen.
Olson has been very vocal about her experiences following retirement. She has particularly brought light to the harsh social stigma revolving around porn actresses.
Before the Spotlight
Bree Olson, officially named Rachel Marie Oberlin, was born on October 7, 1986, in Houston, Texas, to Tom and Marie Oberlin. Her grandparents were originally from Ukraine and had immigrated to Texas. When Rachel was 2, she and her family moved to Fort Wayne in Indiana.
Olson reportedly struggled with the law during her teenage years. In an interview, Olson revealed that she had served two years at a juvenile detention center in Indiana for what she stated was “criminal mischief.”
Olson still completed her higher-level studies, though. After graduating from Woodland High School, she enrolled in medical biology at Purdue University in Fort Wayne. Olson was a second-year pre-med biology student when she first set foot in the porn industry. She dropped out of university shortly after.
The Journey to Success
Bree Olson’s professional career began as a full-time telemarketer while she was in university. In 2006, she flew to Los Angeles to learn more about the porn industry, which had recently piqued her interest. What ultimately convinced her to become a dedicated porn actress was the absurd amount of money she could potentially make. She claims to have made “millions” in the years she did porn.
Olson made it big in 2007 by landing a contract with the industry-leading adult toy company Adam & Eve. The contract lasted until 2010. Olson retired from the porn industry the following year.
During her time as a porn actress from 2006 to 2011, Olson performed in over 600 films and made some remarkable achievements, such as appearing on the covers of several prominent adult magazines.
In addition to her career in the porn industry, Olson also acquired some roles in mainstream TV and film media. Her most noteworthy performances were as a co-star in “The Human Centipede 3,” “Director’s Cut,” and a minor appearance as a babysitter in the reality TV series, “Keeping Up With The Kardashians.”
While Olson made millions in her five-year-long career as a pornstar, she struggled to find employment after quitting the industry. Given her partial education in medical biology, she attempted to become a nurse, but to no avail.
In her latest exchange with news media in 2016, Olson revealed that she had to settle for work as a cam model. She also stated that she was “broke” because, unlike most other entertainment industries, production companies in the porn industry do not pay their actors royalties.
Olson added that had she known what awaited her after retirement from the porn industry, she would have kept on going as a porn actress for at least five more years to amass enough money for financial comfort and stability in life.
The Best Moments
- Entered the pornographic industry in November 2006.
- Secured a contract with Adam & Eve in 2007.
- Appeared in “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” in 2007.
- Quit the porn industry in 2011.
The Private Side
Bree Olson developed a relationship with celebrity-actor Charlie Sheen in February 2011 and moved in with him. She, along with Nataly Kenly, developed widespread recognition as Sheen’s “goddesses.”
The relationship proved to be unstable and lasted mere months, with the two separating in April that year. In 2015, Charlie Sheen announced he had tested positive for HIV – this came as a bombshell to Olson, who had had unprotected intercourse with him multiple times. Fortunately for Olson, her test results came back negative.
In 2019, Olson married her then-girlfriend Kayla Banter.
Bree Olson’s Related YouTube Video
Charlie Sheen’s Ex Bree Olson: I Had Unprotected Sex with Him Many Times
Famous Quotes of Bree Olson
As someone who’s experienced the aftermath of a seemingly successful career in the porn industry, Bree Olson has some words of advice for young women:
- “To all the young women thinking about doing porn, I didn’t find Jesus. I don’t hate porn. I didn’t have any bad experiences. But trust me when I tell you not to do it. When you do porn you automatically become a segregated part of society that is held to prejudice without the support of activists for your human rights. Porn isn’t bad–how people will treat you for the rest of your life is.”
- “Yeah, I had been getting so much crap from people like ‘Oh, you can never work in the mainstream because of what you’ve done and you can’t do this and you can’t do that’ and I was like ‘No, no I can actually. It just might mean that I’m not going to be working for Disney or Family networks or stuff like that’.”
- “Porn is the one industry where the more successful a woman is, the more she will suffer for the rest of her life.”
The Social World
Bree Olson is active on social media. Here are the links to her official accounts, along with the number of followers she has:
- Instagram: 257K followers.
- Facebook: 4.5 million followers.
- Twitter: 1.2 million followers.
- YouTube: 38K subscribers.
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Here are some lessons we can learn from Bree Olson’s character and career:
- Think long-term. One of the primary motivators for Olson to pursue a career in pornography was the amount of money she made per shoot. While her net worth is in the millions today, she does not have a reliable source of income.
- It’s never too late to change. Despite having acted in over 600 pornographic films, Olson decided to quit porn to regain her lost respect.
- Don’t drop out of school. Dropping out of school is becoming increasingly prevalent in newer generations. While things may work out for some, most will find themselves in a tough spot without formal education and work experience.
The Unusual Stuff
Some interesting facts about Bree Olson that might be new to you:
- Olson’s maternal grandmother, who grew up in Ukraine, was a holocaust survivor.
- Olson is a fitness enthusiast and loves working out to remain in shape. According to one of her blog posts, her desired weight is under 120 pounds.
- Interestingly, Olson doesn’t blame porn itself for her current troubles. Here’s what she has to say: “Porn didn’t hurt me. The way society treats me for having done it does.”
Answering Frequent Questions
Where does Bree Olson live?
Bree Olson currently resides in Houston, Texas.
Is Bree Olson a lesbian?
Yes. Olson has been outspoken about her sexuality and same-sex relationship with Kayla Banter. She expressed her disapproval over people asking her about her sexuality in an invasive manner.
Is Bree Olson vegan?
Olson revealed in a 2018 blog post that she had remained vegan for two years after being inspired by the book “Skinny Bitch.” She broke her streak but stated her intentions to recontinue an animal-free diet.
The Closing Remarks
Bree Olson is a former American porn actress whose story is a source of both inspiration and deterrence to young women worldwide. The development in her character since her retirement from the porn industry has been remarkable. Olson’s latest interaction with mainstream media was in the mid-2010s. She has since faded into obscurity and lives a quiet life.