What is Adrian Peterson’s net worth?
|Net Worth||$1 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Professional Football|
|Date of Birth||March 21, 1985|
|Height||6’1 / 185 cm|
|Place of Birth||Palestine, Texas, U.S.|
|Partner||Ashley Brown (m. 2014)|
The Usual Intro
Adrian Peterson is a professional football player widely regarded as one of the best running backs America has ever seen. He peaked in his career in the early 2010s under the Minnesota Vikings, winning commendable awards and setting groundbreaking records.
Although Peterson has made tens of millions of dollars in NFL salary, financial mismanagement has left him in a tough spot.
Before the Spotlight
Adrian Lewis Peterson was born in Palestine, Texas, on March 21, 1985. His father, Nelson Peterson, was a competitive basketball player in college and well on his way to playing in the NBA. However, his basketball career came to an unfortunate conclusion when his brother accidentally shot him in the leg.
Adrian Peterson’s mother, Bonita Brown, made it to the University of Houston with an athletic scholarship — she was a sprinter and long jumper. As a child, Adrian had excellent stamina and endurance.
Peterson’s childhood turned out to be rather tragic. At age 7, he watched as his brother Brian fell victim to a fatal DUI accident. He started playing football to cope with the traumatic loss; his father supported him as an assistant coach. However, six years later, his father was arrested for money laundering, leaving him with no one to rely on.
Peterson continued to play football at Palestine High School and later at the University of Oklahoma at a competitive level. He was a star player and won several awards during this time.
The Journey to Success
Peterson’s professional career in football began with his selection into the 2007 NFL Draft. The Minnesota Vikings signed him under a five-year $40.5 million contract. His first year saw him winning the ‘NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year’ award and setting a record for the most rushing yards in a single game at 296 yards. His aggressive play style and strong build made him a formidable force on the field.
Near the end of the 2011 season, Peterson suffered two major injuries; a torn ACL and MCL. However, he shocked football fans by showing up in the 2012 season and bringing his best to the table. His outstanding performance despite being injured won him the esteemed NFL MVP Award. He was also ranked the Best Player in the NFL by his peers in 2013.
Things started to go downhill for Peterson in 2014 with the surfacing of child abuse allegations against him. He was suspended mid-season and never managed to come back to his usual form and spirit. He sustained a critical knee injury in 2016 and was let go by the Vikings in 2017.
From 2017 to 2021, Peterson was unable to secure a foothold in any team. He played for the New Orlean Saints, Arizona Cardinals, Washington Redskins, Detroit Lions, Tennessee Titans, and Seattle Seahawks. His time with each of these teams was short-lived. As of January 2022, he has been a free agent.
The Best Moments
- Signed with the Minnesota Vikings in 2007.
- Won NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year for his debut season.
- Won the NFL MVP Award in 2012.
- Became a free agent in January 2022.
The Private Side
Peterson has six children, two of which were conceived by his current wife, Ashley Brown. Peterson and Brown married in 2014 and have been together since.
In 2013, one of Peterson’s sons died at the hands of his mother’s boyfriend. In 2014, Peterson ran into trouble with the law after recklessly beating his 4-year-old son with a tree branch. Photos of his son’s injuries surfaced online and tarnished Peterson’s public reputation.
Since then, Peterson has also been sued multiple times for failing to repay loans. With no prominent income source to rely on, he appears to be in financial distress. He recently sold two multi-million dollar properties he had purchased earlier in his career, likely because of his poor circumstances.
Adrian Peterson’s Related YouTube Video
Adrian Peterson’s Dominant Career Highlights | NFL
Famous Quotes of Adrian Peterson
Adrian Peterson has been through a lot, especially in his childhood. Here are some words of wisdom he’s shared with us:
- “It feels good when guys reach out to be inspired – and you have shown people an example of how you can come back and be better than you were before when adversity strikes; and when the world predicts the opposite, you show them you not only can be successful but be great.”
- “With trials, you become wiser. You learn more about yourself and the people surrounding you. Me personally, I’ve never been the type of person to judge anyone over wrongdoing, no matter what it is. I’m just not a judgmental person.”
- “Jesus Christ – He means the world to me. So many different situations I’ve been through, through my childhood and now my adulthood; I lost my brother at a young age. He got hit by a car right in front of me. I had to be strong for my mom.”
The Social World
Adrian Peterson is active on social media. Here are the links to his official accounts, along with the number of his current following:
Lessons for Entrepreneurs
Even though he’s no longer in his prime, Peterson boasts an impressive NFL record. Here are some success lessons we can learn from him:
- Be dedicated. Adrian Peterson has come back from severe injuries on multiple occasions. He has played with injuries and performed beyond everyone’s expectations.
- Find your passion. For Peterson, football was initially a way to cope with the loss of his brother. It then became his passion and career.
- Be patient. Peterson has suffered and remained steadfast through the multiple devastating events in his life.
The Unusual Stuff
Some interesting or weird facts about Adrian Peterson you might not have known before:
- Peterson had an impressive 38.5-inch vertical jump at the time of his 2007 NFL Draft!
- His nickname, “A.D.,” stands for “All Day.” It was given to him by his father, who said Adrian could go all day long.
- Peterson is a devout Christian and has expressed his love for Christianity.
- Peterson released his autobiography, “Don’t Dis My Abilities,” in 2012. You can read it online.
- Adrian Peterson appeared in season 4, episode 13 of the American sitcom “The League.”
Answering Frequent Questions
Is Adrian Peterson retired from football?
Peterson has announced his intention to continue playing professional football. Of course, he needs a team to sign him before he can return. No teams have expressed any interest as of yet.
Why was Adrian Peterson arrested?
Adrian Peterson was arrested this February at the Los Angeles International Airport for domestic violence. He and his wife had gotten into a physical altercation.
Peterson was released on a $50,000 bond. Charges against him were later dropped.
Is Adrian Peterson a Hall of Famer?
Adrian Peterson has not been inducted into the Football Hall of Fame yet. However, expert analysts believe his statistical record makes him worthy of being entered into the Hall of Fame. Whether he ends up making it or not remains to be seen.
The Closing Remarks
Adrian Peterson is a famous running back who’s currently a free agent. He recently made headlines after agreeing to fight fellow NFL running back star Le’Veon in a boxing match.
The match is expected to occur at the Crypto.com arena in Los Angeles on July 30 – certainly some exciting news for fans of football and boxing alike.